A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default Video: Kerrigan Poised to Make 2nd Year Leap

    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  2. #2
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    That's a great point, about what he accomplished as a rookie, in spite of the lockout.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  3. #3

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Yep. Everyone is (justifiably so) thrilled about RGIII's prospects; Kerrigan is a guy I will be watching closely on the D. I think he could have a very special season.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Man, I hope you're right Goaldie. Kerrigan on D, RGIII on O - couple faces of the franchise!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  5. #5
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,491
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    Kerrigan tweeted this today, "Excited to be a guest on @NFL32 today.. Tune in to ESPN2 at 6 to check it out"

    Setting DVR now.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    emphasis needs to be on Rak! we need him to step his game up another level.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  7. #7

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,923
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    emphasis needs to be on Rak! we need him to step his game up another level.
    Agreed. With Kerrigan most assuredly getting more attention from OC's, and hopefully a healthy Jenkins actually producing, instead of just the speculation surrounding his potential, Rak should be the beneficiary of more opportunities to rattle QB's cages. He must take advantage. If he does, his sack totals should jump into 15+ range.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  8. #8
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,755
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    now if we can get stepped up play from guys like Helu, Hankerson, Hurt, Gomes and the 2012 draft class to match with Griffin and an emerging star like Kerrigan.................
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  9. #9

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    now if we can get stepped up play from guys like Helu, Hankerson, Hurt, Gomes and the 2012 draft class to match with Griffin and an emerging star like Kerrigan.................
    Well I wouldn't think expectations woudl be nearly as high on those guys as they are for Kerrigan.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  10. #10
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,755
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Not for every one. But championship teams over time develop by finding that fourth or fifth round pick that comes in and once acclimated to the NFL becomes a star in his own right.

    The Redskins have a very young roster heading into 2012.

    Most of the age on this team is at specialist positions such as punter (Rocca is 37) and kicker (Rackers is 35).

    Other than Fletcher and Brown the starters here are all under 30.

    Perfect opportunity for someone to step up and stake their claim.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  11. #11

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    Not for every one. But championship teams over time develop by finding that fourth or fifth round pick that comes in and once acclimated to the NFL becomes a star in his own right.

    The Redskins have a very young roster heading into 2012.

    Most of the age on this team is at specialist positions such as punter (Rocca is 37) and kicker (Rackers is 35).

    Other than Fletcher and Brown the starters here are all under 30.

    Perfect opportunity for someone to step up and stake their claim.
    agree that youth matters...a lot. but so does that undefinable quality...team. not sure where we are right now in developing that Redskin "culture" that demands and receives total commitment and team above all approach.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,755
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    well, I think you see that in the approach of Griffin and Cousins so far.

    there is no qb here that refuses to put in the work.

    there is no star running back that comes into camp out of shape and expects preferential treatment.

    I think the culture here turned for good with the trades of McNabb and Haynesworth.

    There really is no one left on the roster, except perhaps D. Hall, that has a controversial personality on or off the field.

    Can you think of anyone now with McIntosh gone on defense that is at odds with the coaching staff?

    I recall reading that Allen and Shanahan were targeting draft picks that were college captains or co-captains to be leaders here and help develop that sense of 'team first' approach.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  13. #13

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    BT...I'm seeing the same thing in the sense of getting rid of the barriers...creating the culture of Redskin "excellence and commitment" will take several years, however. gotta start winning, first of all, to connect behavior to results.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  14. #14
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    05-25-12
    Location
    Suboptimal
    Posts
    262
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I sure hope so...I am worried about the "D" this coming season. Fletcher is old sauce (yet awesome) so he might lose a step. The secondary isn't looking so hot. Hopefully Tanard Jackson can step up. I think the strength of the Skins' front seven will have to carry the rest of the defense. I know everyone is excited that Jarvis Jenkins is back; however, I feel he might be slightly overrated by the fanbase. Dude hasn't played a single snap...
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  15. #15
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    well, I think you see that in the approach of Griffin and Cousins so far.

    there is no qb here that refuses to put in the work.

    there is no star running back that comes into camp out of shape and expects preferential treatment.

    I think the culture here turned for good with the trades of McNabb and Haynesworth.

    There really is no one left on the roster, except perhaps D. Hall, that has a controversial personality on or off the field.

    Can you think of anyone now with McIntosh gone on defense that is at odds with the coaching staff?

    I recall reading that Allen and Shanahan were targeting draft picks that were college captains or co-captains to be leaders here and help develop that sense of 'team first' approach.
    Well, there's obviously other guys on the team with character issues, and though it may not fall under the description you gave, their character issues are equally as important.....and 2 of them were guys we just acquired during this past offseason....

    Tanard Jackson
    Brandon Meriweather
    Fred Davis
    Trent Williams
    0 0 0 0
     
     

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Craigslist to make 36 Milllllllllion dollars this year....
    By Lanky Livingston in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-10, 11:21 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •