• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Breaking Bad

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I don't know how I missed this series for 4 straight seasons. I saw the ads for it, but for whatever reason, I just never got interested in it. Funny how that goes sometimes. My son and I started watching it on Netflix streaming, and we were hooked. We watched the first 3 seasons in a 2 week period. Downloaded Season 4 off iTunes and finished it this week (unbelievable finale). Final season 16 episodes that AMC will spread over this summer (beginning July 15th) and next. I can't wait to see how it all wraps up.

Anyone else a fan, yo?

Top shelf. Can't wait for the new season to start.

Yep, this and Mad Men (justifiably) have made AMC a player. Those shows even allowed me to forgive them and overlook the Killing ending last year.

Great show. Sons of anarchy may be to your liking too (I found them similarly entertaining). SoA starts off a little slow though.

I'm hoping the new show, Longmire, on A&E gets really good. The first episode was pretty cool. But I'll have to see if it will keep my interest. I'm pretty patient with shows though.

Well, about 3 months ago I got a Roku player and a Netflix account. Because of the recommendations from you guys I gave this show a shot. Working a lot, and the slow start to the series, I didn't have a chance to really get the chance to get into it right away. I stuck it out and finished all the previous seasons about 2 weeks ago...just in time for the last 8 episodes.

Best show in my DVR que right now! I just have to get used to fast forwarding through the commercials since I watched all the previous 54 episodes on Netflix...kinda annoying!

Incredible show, gives 'The Wire' a run for the money as best show ever put on television, IMO. Nothing else on TV right now really comes close!

Incredible show, gives 'The Wire' a run for the money as best show ever put on television, IMO. Nothing else on TV right now really comes close!

There was a pretty long period of time when I would never accept someone placing another show on the level of The Wire. Breaking Bad is now there. Story, character development, writing (dialog), etc. are all as good as it gets.

I've been re-watching The Wire the past couple weeks, just finished season 3. Other than the changes in technology (wire taps on pay phones and such), it really stands the test of time.

Sons of Anarchy, which I enjoy, is just not in the league of either BB or The Wire. It is a comic book story brought to life.

By now there are more dead bodies in Charming than in Mexican border towns. I really enjoy Sons but, to me, it is about as realistic as Star Wars.

I did see a stat (not sure if it is true or not) that since the show has aired the purity of meth has jumped from like 33% to 80%. thats odd to me but funny as well.

In real life?

New career growth opportunities for science nerds, I guess.

There was a pretty long period of time when I would never accept someone placing another show on the level of The Wire. Breaking Bad is now there. Story, character development, writing (dialog), etc. are all as good as it gets.

I've been re-watching The Wire the past couple weeks, just finished season 3. Other than the changes in technology (wire taps on pay phones and such), it really stands the test of time.

Sons of Anarchy, which I enjoy, is just not in the league of either BB or The Wire. It is a comic book story brought to life.

SoA is up there for me, but yeah, just not in the same league. Same with The Walking Dead, which is one of my favorite shows ever also - just not on the same level. I do love some zombie slaughter mayhem though, lol.

I try to rewatch The Wire once a year or so also...so, so good! The way every season was intertwined and everything linked together was just pure genius we will never see again. Breaking Bad is clearly the closest thing to that.

We don't do 'Spoiler Alerts' here. It cracks me up when people get upset about 'spoilers', honestly. If you are passionate about a show, and aren't up to date, and don't want to know what happened on the most recent episode, for God's sake, don't go on the internet and open up discussion threads. No offense intended - seriously :cheers:

We don't do 'Spoiler Alerts' here. It cracks me up when people get upset about 'spoilers', honestly. If you are passionate about a show, and aren't up to date, and don't want to know what happened on the most recent episode, for God's sake, don't go on the internet and open up discussion threads. No offense intended - seriously :cheers:

There are lots of people who watch shows late, or haven't started watching a show. Seeing a clip like that would completely ruin at least 2 full seasons...I'm not upset about the spoilers, because I'm caught up with the show.

Most of The Game of Thrones books have been out for ten years, doesn't mean I'm just going to throw out spoilers. Breaking Bad is far newer than that. Its all about perspective, I guess.

I guess for me, not knowing what is going to happen is a huge part of good television (as well as movies). I still enjoy Game of Thrones despite knowing what is going to happen, but I would probably enjoy it more not having known. I know that there are some people who don't care, but there are those that do. I know I would be pissed if someone leaked the ending of Breaking Bad and ruined it for me...and I respect that there are those who don't get pissed about Spoilers. Just seems easy enough to add "spoiler alert" to a post, which I thought we had addressed in the other thread.

I guess for me, not knowing what is going to happen is a huge part of good television (as well as movies). I still enjoy Game of Thrones despite knowing what is going to happen, but I would probably enjoy it more not having known. I know that there are some people who don't care, but there are those that do. I know I would be pissed if someone leaked the ending of Breaking Bad and ruined it for me...and I respect that there are those who don't get pissed about Spoilers. Just seems easy enough to add "spoiler alert" to a post, which I thought we had addressed in the other thread.

There are lots of people who watch shows late, or haven't started watching a show. Seeing a clip like that would completely ruin at least 2 full seasons...I'm not upset about the spoilers, because I'm caught up with the show.

Most of The Game of Thrones books have been out for ten years, doesn't mean I'm just going to throw out spoilers. Breaking Bad is far newer than that. Its all about perspective, I guess.

I totally get what you're saying. And I think it's 'good form' to put in a 'Spoiler Alert' if you think to do it (especially if, say, you're commenting on the finale of 'The Sopranos' and it's the day after it aired. I get it. But what I'm saying is, WHAT is someone thinking entering into a thread that they KNOW is going to be discussing a series, in detail, if you haven't seen the show or aren't current? What do you expect might happen? It's obvious that folks are going to be discussing the current series ongoings, and that's perfectly reasonable.

Seriously - it makes no sense LL. Sorry, but it just doesn't.

If you aren't keeping up with a series, ultimately it's on you not to expose yourself to details that might ruin the experience for you. It's really no different than if I've recorded the Redskins game and want to watch it without knowing the final score. I sure as hell am not going to turn on the radio on the way home to see it on my DVR.

I totally get what you're saying. And I think it's 'good form' to put in a 'Spoiler Alert' if you think to do it (especially if, say, you're commenting on the finale of 'The Sopranos' and it's the day after it aired. I get it. But what I'm saying is, WHAT is someone thinking entering into a thread that they KNOW is going to be discussing a series, in detail, if you haven't seen the show or aren't current? What do you expect might happen? It's obvious that folks are going to be discussing the current series ongoings, and that's perfectly reasonable.

Seriously - it makes no sense LL. Sorry, but it just doesn't.

If you aren't keeping up with a series, ultimately it's on you not to expose yourself to details that might ruin the experience for you. It's really no different than if I've recorded the Redskins game and want to watch it without knowing the final score. I sure as hell am not going to turn on the radio on the way home to see it on my DVR.

I understand your point of view, but I disagree with it. Someone could come into this thread wanting to discuss the show after having seen the first couple seasons. Are you supposed to completely isolate yourself from talking about it at all to avoid spoilers?

Its a courtesy that takes less than 2 seconds to write "spoiler" - in my opinion, whether it makes sense or not, its something that's easy enough to do that it doesn't matter. I'd rather err on the side of caution, but that's just me.

I guess common courtesy is dead along with chivalry...

No. And I'll say, respectfully, that this is an example of an assumption - assigning intent where there is none. People post details of a current show because they are excited about it and want to discuss with friends. Not to screw you.

I hate to put it this way, but if you're opening a thread titled 'Breaking Bad' and don't expect it to contain current ongoings, well...I just don't know what to say to that.

It's just common sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.