• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 Tonight Show Appearance

No controversy at all. Just was wondering what you meant.

I think it'll be ok - could be wrong but he seems like the kind of guy that sticks by his decisions and now he has made his decision to be in the NFL. I know he's been quoted as saying he wanted to try law school but he can clearly do that after he retires from playing (see: Steve Young).

We should be cool. I'm only really concerned about whether or not he'll be any good. I'm optimistic.

you can put that doubt out of your mind. he's gonna be great! my only concern is the injury factor.

Nah, you didn't "fix" anything. But you did bring the room down a couple pegs.

So thanks for that.

Is there a snarky emoticon? There should be.

Luck? aint a Redskin right? doesn't exist.

My favorite post of the thread. Thank you compadre. :)

BTW, yeah, I am hellatiously impressed with young Mr. Griffin on several levels-sooo glad the Redskins got him. :eclipsee_Victoria:

a factual observation. sorry if that displeases you. the thread was about a TV appearance.....not football either. if you're going to act as the blog police.....apply what you think is the rule universally. otherwise....note that I dropped the matter after one sentence precisely because I knew which fish that hook was going to catch.

so..back on theme.....the Leno appearance...which covered a lot more than football...was terrific. we're gonna love this guy!

I am not the blog police. I made a polite request to move political talk to the appropriate forum. When the owners of this site decide to create an entire forum dedicated to "TV Appearances of Redskins Football Players," then maybe I will suggest this thread get moved there. However RGIII on the Jay Leno show is nowhere near as polarizing, I wouldn't think.

you can put that doubt out of your mind. he's gonna be great! my only concern is the injury factor.
Not to derail the thread, but my biggest concerns aside from the injury factor are:

1) Ability to consistently throw under NFL-speed pressure IN THE POCKET

2) RG3's ability to hit short and intermediate throws to receivers in stride (something we've been lacking and something that all elite NFL QBs are able to do)

Keeping my fingers crossed, though. :)

Its almost to the point where you're going to feel bad criticizing RG3 when he does have a bad game, and all of them -- even the great ones -- do.

I am not the blog police. I made a polite request to move political talk to the appropriate forum. When the owners of this site decide to create an entire forum dedicated to "TV Appearances of Redskins Football Players," then maybe I will suggest this thread get moved there. However RGIII on the Jay Leno show is nowhere near as polarizing, I wouldn't think.

.....................:cry:

He said he was born in Japan, I lived in Camp Zama; Japan which as far as I know the only Army Base in Japan. Wonder if I saw him when he was an infant?!?!?

He said he was born in Japan, I lived in Camp Zama; Japan which as far as I know the only Army Base in Japan. Wonder if I saw him when he was an infant?!?!?
It depends. Do you recall ever seeing an infant that was faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

Geez man, you'd think something like that would stick out in your mind.

He would have been the baby tossing his pacifier onto the ground...60 feet away!

So this means he's not eligible to become POTUS ?
So, no signs at games that say "RG3 for President"

Because he was born to a U.S. Service Member(s) overseas he is a natural-born U.S. citizen making him eligible to run for President when he turns 35. :biggrin2:

Last edited:
You know what?

If he turns the Redskins into a perennial playoff contender and gets us another Lombardi, I'll vote for him :)

Shoot, he hasn't even gotten his first paycheck, and he's already brought unity to a divisive, strife-ridden city.

Well, that pretty much shoots down any idea of him ever going into politics-the ability to that kind of thing is an automatic disqualification for elective office, especially in Washington. :betterwink2:

So this means he's not eligible to become POTUS ?
So, no signs at games that say "RG3 for President"

Fuji's right, he's still eligible.
I think we need to make sure he's aware of that because it's a job he can't leave us for until he's at least 35.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.