A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Happy Hour starts in five minutes.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default Buzzfeed: 48 Things That Will Make You Feel Old

    Warning - do not click if you don't want to feel old. Some are worse than others.

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/thing...e-you-feel-old
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #2
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    08-03-09
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    1,267
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Michigan State

    Default

    About the floppy disc, they posted this picture:



    While called a floppy, it wasn't it was rigid. These were floppy:



    Of course that's going back 30 years instead of 20, but I'm old enough to remember.

    They posted that a new episode of Friends hasn't aired in 8 years. To which I say "Thank God!"
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

  3. #3
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    The one about Pepsi Twist not being sold for the past 11 years is BS. There was a point for an entire season when Tony Romo was on the can. Considering 2006 was the first year he was actually a starter, and it wouldn't have been until 2007 at the earliest that they would have put him on a can, it's only been 5 years MAX.

    My name is Nathan, and my OCD is paying attention to the little things
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    While called a floppy, it wasn't it was rigid.
    China, I'm not doubting that people called them something different in your neck of the woods, but I've heard the 3.5" disks referred to as "3.5 inch floppies" all my life. I think it means the actual storage element, which was floppy. I distinctly remember thinking how silly it was to call them a floppy disk, for the exact same reason as you posted. It wasn't floppy! (Thatswhatshesaid)

    They posted that a new episode of Friends hasn't aired in 8 years. To which I say "Thank God!"
    You take that back! Friends is awesome!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  5. #5

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    The one about Pepsi Twist not being sold for the past 11 years is BS. There was a point for an entire season when Tony Romo was on the can. Considering 2006 was the first year he was actually a starter, and it wouldn't have been until 2007 at the earliest that they would have put him on a can, it's only been 5 years MAX.

    My name is Nathan, and my OCD is paying attention to the little things

    I found this on Wiki:

    Pepsi Twist made a brief return in the Summer of 2008 with the NFL Kickoff Limited Edition Flavor, which boasted that it was Pepsi "with a kick of Lemon."
    So yeah, it was definitely sold in the last 11 years, however they're technically right. That CAN hasn't been sold in that long!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    08-03-09
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    1,267
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Michigan State

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    China, I'm not doubting that people called them something different in your neck of the woods, but I've heard the 3.5" disks referred to as "3.5 inch floppies" all my life. I think it means the actual storage element, which was floppy. I distinctly remember thinking how silly it was to call them a floppy disk, for the exact same reason as you posted. It wasn't floppy! (Thatswhatshesaid)



    You take that back! Friends is awesome!
    I didn't say they weren't called floppies. They were; incorrectly so. Just that they got that name from their predecessors which were floppy.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    I didn't say they weren't called floppies. They were; incorrectly so. Just that they got that name from their predecessors which were floppy.
    Sorry, read your post too fast.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  8. #8
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    362
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Minnesota

    Default

    I always found it annoying that the 3.5" disks were called floppies. Floppy disks were what we popped in to the computer to play Oregon Trail in elementary school. 3.5" were the ones we used to save crap on in middle school
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The challenge ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    06-30-09
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,086
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    I didn't say they weren't called floppies. They were; incorrectly so. Just that they got that name from their predecessors which were floppy.
    I prefer the term my Brit compatriots used for this item. They called it a "stiffy".
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    hailus redskinus
    COYS

  10. #10

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,927
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    10 out of 10 real women surveyed preferred "stiffy's" over "floppy's
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    So yeah, it was definitely sold in the last 11 years, however they're technically right. That CAN hasn't been sold in that long!
    Woohoo! 10 points for my memory.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-12, 07:30 AM
  2. Buzzfeed: Philly to Fine People $120 for Texting While Walking
    By Lanky Livingston in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-11, 12:47 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-10, 07:58 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •