A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0

Thread: Wel, well, well

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

Default Well, well, well

C'mon, you can say it. Sarge was right

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...donesia-Hawaii

0 0 0 0

Formerly known as ...............Sarge

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Prepare for the glut of Liberals to pitifully attempt to discredit this. They'll say it's lunacy, obviously, because it supports birther claims
    0 0 0 0

It's ok, I don't like you either.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

I expect a "mysterious" fire at the Honolulu records building, if there was ever really anything there
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

It just seems unreal to me that he could become president and NOT be a natural-born citizen of the United States. Something like this would be very easy to photoshop, so I'm not going to say this is 100% real without seeing the actual thing (or hearing from a trusted source who has); it just seems impossible that he could pull it off.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

They're claiming it was a "literary agent error"
    ......which was conveniently corrected 2 months after he declared his presidency.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/b...214423507.html

‘Born in Kenya’: Obama’s literary agent misidentified his birthplace in 1991

A possible source of the so-called "birther" issue--or at least a potential cause of the rumors that have dogged President Barack Obama--has been identified.

Obama's former literary agency misidentified his birthplace as Kenya while trying to promote the then-Harvard Law grad as an author in 1991.

According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

A copy of the booklet was published on Breitbart.com, under the headline: "Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii'"--part of the "vetting" of the president the site's late founder, Andrew Breitbart, had promised.

Here's part of Obama's bio from the 1991 brochure:

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago's South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Breitbart.com published a lengthy disclaimer with the brochure, saying it does not believe Obama was born outside of the United States:

Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

Yet Andrew also believed that the complicit mainstream media had refused to examine President Obama's ideological past, or the carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.

It is for that reason that we launched "The Vetting," an ongoing series in which we explore the ideological background of President Obama (and other presidential candidates)--not to re-litigate 2008, but because ideas and actions have consequences.

It is also in that spirit that we discovered, and now present, the booklet described below--one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review.

It is evidence--not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.

Despite that rationale, the publication will no doubt fuel "birthers" who refuse to believe Obama was born in the United States.

In a follow-up post, Breitbart.com noted that Obama was listed as being born in Kenya on the Dyster & Goderich website until April 2007, "just two months after then-Senator Obama declared his campaign for the presidency."
    Last edited by Fear The Spear; 05-17-12 at 07:17 PM.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    It just seems unreal to me that he could become president and NOT be a natural-born citizen of the United States. Something like this would be very easy to photoshop, so I'm not going to say this is 100% real without seeing the actual thing (or hearing from a trusted source who has); it just seems impossible that he could pull it off.

it's real. but that doesn't make it conclusive.

the accompanying piece to the story highlights the real problems: the MSM never did its job digging for the truth and Obama's story keeps changing.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

Of cooooourse. That's the ticket, just an "error". Wonder how his agent got the idea that he was from Kenya, instead of say.............Etheopia? Wonder how she just so happened to mess up with the exact country that many believe he's actually from? That Michelle said he was from early on? That his grandmother said he was from?
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    it's real. but that doesn't make it conclusive.

the accompanying piece to the story highlights the real problems: the MSM never did its job digging for the truth and Obama's story keeps changing.
    I can agree with this. So why does the Republican Party get wrapped up in the birther nonsense instead of pushing this angle?
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    why does the Republican Party get wrapped up in the birther nonsense
    Because the media wraps them up in it. Every person I ever heard that was a birther was a loon. Neither party can control their crazies.
    0 0 0 0

It's ok, I don't like you either.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Because the media wraps them up in it. Every person I ever heard that was a birther was a loon. Neither party can control their crazies.

yup. I don't see this as a major Republican initiative. on the flip side....there are enough people who care to dig for the truth - and they do all seem to come from the Republican/Conservative side of the ledger.

Obama said he was going to "fundamentally transform America"...well...bunch of folks are sitting tall now and doing the job the media and academia won't do - digging into the man's past to find out what that really means. the more that is uncovered...the more further questions are raised. this is serious business.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Seems more like a DNC move to me.

Associate the R's with the lugnut birther's and get reelected. Pretty simple really.

I've always thought that if there was anything to it, somebody would have dug it up (Billary Clinton) and used it a long time ago.

The desire is to keep the conversation on everything except his dismal record.
    0 0 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

Guess AP was wrong back in the day too

“Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...nate/?tw_p=twt
    0 0 0 0

User Tag List