• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem Results: Week 2

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
9.png

Week 2 of the BGO NFL Pickem Contest saw more highly competitive results, with some great performances, and with a few players coming down to Earth.

Special kudos to MisterPinstripe who led no less than 10 players going 11-5 this week, including Master Chief, tomwvr, Kelly, Slacky, Yusuf06, EatSleepRedskin, Neophyte, Burl, and Docsandy.

For the year and overall contest leaders, so far it's Jimbo in first place , EatSleepRedskin in second, Kelly in third position, all boasting a 24-8 record.

Click HERE to view Week 2 results.

Click HERE for total season standings after Week 2.

Remember our 2008 Redskins. In other words, early success is not necessarily a predictor of ultimate results :)

2 games off the lead, me likey. Also, what is the "points" column? Is that how many points off we've been in the tie-breaker column? If so, -1 is phenomenal, if I do say so myself! :D

This is a competitive group. I'm 22-10 and only tied for 13th place!

2 games off the lead, me likey. Also, what is the "points" column? Is that how many points off we've been in the tie-breaker column? If so, -1 is phenomenal, if I do say so myself! :D

Yes - it's related to the tie-breaker predictions you've made. Here's the official answer from the FAQ section:

Q: I don't understand the "Recap" report - what is the deal with the Season Points & Season Record and why does it sort by Points?

A: This question has been asked many times. Season points represent the aggregate points selected by each player for tie-breaker games less the aggregate points scored in tie-breaker games (for those using "combined score" for tie-breakers) otherwise it represents the aggregate combined margin for all tie-breaker games. Let's see an example:

Joe plays weeks 1,2 & 3. He picks 44 for week 1, 27 for week 2 and 35 for week 3. His aggregate for all tie breaker games picked would be 44+27+35 = 106. Let's say that week 1's tie breaker score was 21-10 = 31, week 2 = 14-31=44, week 3 = 9-6 = 15 .... so 31+44+15 = 90. 106 (Joe's aggregate) less 90 (points scored) = 16. If Joe's aggregate was 80, his season points would be -10 (or 10 pts away from perfect). This point factor is only used to determine ranking when win-loss-tie record is the same for 2 or more players.

Note: At the beginning of a week, before the games have been played, but after picks have been made, the aggregate of tie-breaker games picked will reflect a slightly higher (by the amount of the current weeks tie breaker points) number than when there is a score to offset.

Thanks Boone! And sorry for asking a question when there's an FAQ...:)

No problem - I'm still learning this software (which btw, is beyond cool if you ask me). The software developer gives great customer service, so if questions come up that aren't in the standard FAQ's section, let them fly and I'll pass on to him.

ESPN should hire me. I'm clearly out picking their so called "experts"

Phew...changed my 49ers upset pick at the last second. Thanks Favre, for bailing me out! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.