A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Default Has Obama's Ego Finally Gotten Out Of Control? Read This And Decide For Yourself.

For years, we’ve all heard people talk about Obama’s ego. I never looked at him as having a big ego personally, I just thought he had a passion for the spotlight. I guess they can kinda go hand in hand, but I guess we all view it differently.

There’s an interesting thing going on when you read Presidential biographies on the official White House website. Other than the Bush Presidents and Bill Clinton, due to their work together, no other President is mentioned on the biography of another, except Barack Obama.

Oddly enough, Obama comes up on the biographies of 13 former Presidents, not including his own. Why is this? That’s a good question that I don’t know the answer to, but maybe his ego really is as big as everyone says. Or maybe it’s a subliminal thing, who knows? Either way, I found it to be a little much. Enjoy…..

From the bio of Calvin Coolidge…..
    President Obama became the first president to hold virtual gatherings and town halls using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
    From the bio of Herbert Hoover…..
    President Obama is committed to making sure that the VA, the second-largest cabinet department, serves the needs of all veterans and provides a seamless transition from active duty to civilian life, and has directed his Administration to modernize the way health care is delivered and benefits are administered for our nation's veterans. First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden launched Joining Forces to mobilize all sectors of society to give our service members and their families the opportunities and support they have earned.
    From the bio of Franklin D. Roosevelt…..
    On August 14, 1935, President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act. Today the Obama Administration continues to protect seniors and ensure Social Security will be there for future generations.
    From the bio of Harry S. Truman…..
    In a 1946 letter to the National Urban League, President Truman wrote that the government has "an obligation to see that the civil rights of every citizen are fully and equally protected.” He ended racial segregation in civil service and the armed forces in 1948. Today the Obama Administration continues to strive toward upholding the civil rights of its citizens, repealing Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, allowing people of all sexual orientations to serve openly in our armed forces.
    From the bio of Dwight D. Eisenhower…..
    President Dwight Eisenhower established the President's Council on Youth Fitness on July 16, 1956 (now known as The President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports) after learning from a study that American youth were less fit than European youth. Today the Council is still going strong—with Olympians and professional athletes on board—working in conjunction with the First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move initiativeto help promote healthier lifestyles.
    From the bio of John F. Kennedy…..
    President John F. Kennedy famously suggested the American people: “Ask what you can do for your country.” In 1961, the Peace Corps was created, facilitating service among citizens working toward peace in developing countries. In 2011, President Obama celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps with a Presidential Proclamation.
    From the bio of Lyndon B. Johnson…..
    President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare signed into law in 1965—providing millions of elderly healthcare stability. President Obama’s historic health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, strengthens Medicare, offers eligible seniors a range of preventive services with no cost-sharing, and provides discounts on drugs when in the coverage gap known as the “donut hole.”
    From the bio of Richard Nixon…..
    In 1973, Richard Nixon created The President’s Export Council, which was expanded and reconstituted under President Jimmy Carter in 1979. Today the PEC continues to work towards reaching President Obama’s goal of doubling the nation’s exports by 2014’s end.
    From the bio of Jimmy Carter…..
    In 1977, President Jimmy Carter created the Department of Energy; today the DOE works with the Obama Administration to drive towards innovation in energy and reducing reliance on foreign oil with an “all of the above” approach.
    From the bio of Ronald Reagan, where he's mentioned twice…..
    President Reagan designated Martin Luther King Jr. Day a national holiday; today the Obama Administration honors this tradition, with the First and Second Families participating in service projects on this day.
    In a June 28, 1985 speech Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multi-millionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule.
    From the bio of George H.W. Bush…..
    President Barack Obama awarded George H.W. Bush the 2010 Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, for his commitment to service and ability to inspire volunteerism throughout the country, encouraging citizens to be “a thousand points of light.” The administration continues to promote service and civic engagement, honoring heroes of local communities as “Champions of Change” and fostering civic participation.
    From the bio of Bill Clinton…..
    Continuing his work as a lifelong public service, Clinton created the Clinton Foundation in 2001 to improve global health, education, economies and environments. Affectionately calling him “Do-Gooder-in-Chief”, President Obama has worked with Clinton to make buildings in our country more efficient—announcing a $4 billion investment in energy efficiency upgrades for commercial buildings.
    From the bio of George W. Bush…..
    In 2002, President George W. Bush’s State of the Union was the first to be live broadcast on the Internet. In 2011 and 2012, President Obama’s State of the Union speeches were available in an enhanced live stream version that featured infographics, charts and data side-by-side in real time with the President’s speech.
    Even funnier, is the fact that the name Obama comes up 15 times in the biography of past Presidents, while it only comes up 4 times in his own biography

For the curious, here’s the link…..
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents
    0 0 0 0

It's ok, I don't like you either.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Maybe because Obama is the current president?

I don't know. I never read biographies on the white house website. Maybe Bush and/or Clinton did this too when they were the sitting president, or maybe there wasn't a white house website back then so who knows ... I haven't really been paying that much attention.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Maybe because Obama is the current president?

I don't know. I never read biographies on the white house website. Maybe Bush and/or Clinton did this too when they were the sitting president, or maybe there wasn't a white house website back then so who knows ... I haven't really been paying that much attention.
    Yeah...I have no opinion either way because I don't know the status quo on this. But what I want to know is who the hell spends all day reading the white house website to see if Obama has changed anything? Man, talk about overzealous watchdogs, ha!

Speaking of which, I highly doubt Obama has the time or the cajones to direct someone to change the presidential biographies on the white house web page. I think this is likely the work of an overachiever on his staff.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

read the soon to be published Klein book, The Amateur. much more interesting commentary on the Prez.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Speaking of which, I highly doubt Obama has the time or the cajones to direct someone to change the presidential biographies on the white house web page. I think this is likely the work of an overachiever on his staff.
    hmmmm...so accountability falls where in this administration?
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Yeah...I have no opinion either way because I don't know the status quo on this. But what I want to know is who the hell spends all day reading the white house website to see if Obama has changed anything? Man, talk about overzealous watchdogs, ha!

Fox is actually running a story about it now. Apparently this isn't the status quo, and Obama did in fact give the go ahead for these amendments to the biographies, and there is now even a twitter page or feed or whatever they call it (I've never been on twitter) mocking him over this. I will post links when I'm back at my computer.
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Fox is actually running a story about it now. Apparently this isn't the status quo, and Obama did in fact give the go ahead for these amendments to the biographies, and there is now even a twitter page or feed or whatever they call it (I've never been on twitter) mocking him over this. I will post links when I'm back at my computer.
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    I actually heard about this, now that I think about it. Its a hashtag - #ObamainHistory.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ObamainHistory
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for a machine as politically adept as the Obama team was circa 2007-2008, they certainly are making a lot of dumb mistakes. for example, the attacks on Romney's dog trip opened up counters from Obama's own books on eating dog. these folks seem to have forgotten that they are no longer the unknown attacking the known.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Baylor

Was Obama's ego ever in control? Doubt if he really had much todo with this. Probably done by a zealous staffer. Much ado about nothing.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Clinton still has the ego too. Every time I see him on tv anymore, it just feels like he's trying to ride Obama's coattails to the spotlight, and Obama lets him. Clinton wants back in the White House so bad he can't stand it. I just hope Hillary is never able to give him that joy.
    0 0 0 0

It's ok, I don't like you either.