• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I Love You Mom

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
momandme.jpg

Mine left this sweet world a few years ago, although honestly, it feels like last week, and I still ache inside when I think of her. When you don't have your Mom anymore, you realize, no matter how many conversations you have with her out loud in your car on the way to work, theres only a touch of comfort in it. She never answers. You can't share your life with her anymore. All you have is the hope that you're making her proud, and raising your kids with the same optimism, caring, and love she gave you. My mom was a mom to the end....I went to see her on a Sunday night late - she was in the late stages of terminal cancer. I'd been summoned to my folks house as she was convinced tonight was 'the night' and insisted on all of her kids coming to the house, that she wouldn't live to see another day. I went into the sunroom where she was sitting in the semi-darkness. I hugged her, and all she said to me was 'you were my sweetest one'. I suspect she told my brother and sister this as well. Still, it was the epitome of what my mother was all about. She always made each of us feel like we were her 'sweetest one'.

I really really miss my Mom.

Afterall, she's my Mom :)

And beyond that, what other descriptors are necessary.

I love you Mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all of those that birthed the rest of you crazy SOBs.​
And if your Mom's still around, hug her so hard and long today she tells you she can't breathe.​

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder of what you had posted on TN three years ago.

I'll post mine again as well.

Boone...thank you. I was wondering if I'd find a suitable time to say this but you just gave me the chance.

My mother has been gone 15 years now but I still remember her-and what she did for me-probably the greatest gift I've ever received, my absolute love of learning.

She never graduated from high school, quitting after the tenth grade, and joined something newly created-the WAVES, the women's navy division established in August, 1942-she was among the very first to enlist and completed her high school education there. Somewhere along the way she discovered a love of reading and learning. From her father she inherited a love of crossword puzzles and later Scrabble-she was a formidable opponent for me even when I was in college.

She told me when I was in my teens that she had started reading to me as an infant-I still remember her reading Rudyard Kipling's Just So stories to me-these are some of the earliest memories I have.

She taught me to read at the age of four and, along with my father, kept me supplied with books of all types throughout my childhood. I can still remember watching science and nature films on television at an early age and my mother would be right there with me, partly to encourage me but also because she loved them too. Throughout her life she never lost that love of learning things and never failed to nurture it in me.

Today, as I sit here online, still enraptured by finding new things, learning new concepts, absorbing new ideas-I think of her and realize how absolutely fortunate I was to have parents, especially a mother who was so devoted to giving her only child a gift that would still serve him well some six decades later. I shall never stop being grateful for her and the love she showed.

On this day, especially, I think of her and her wonderful gift.

Every time I learn something new I'm saying thank you to a wonderful mother.

Thanks, Mom. I love you.

And thank you too, John. The pain of grief, over time, subsides but the gratitude only grows. Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day to everyone here at BGO.

Beautiful serv....it's a privilege to know you, if only virtually :) I wish I'd had the chance to meet your Mom too. :cheers:

Happy Mother's Day to our BGO Moms. If you are lucky enough to still have your Mother around, give her a huge hug for all of us.

Happy Birthday Mom. I love you.

momandme.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.