• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Don't look now, but...

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

The Orioles have the best record in baseball at 19-9, and the Nationals aren't far behind at 18-10 (in first place). Will the Orioles have their usual May-June collapse? Will the Nationals lack of depth catch up to them? We shall see.

I'm not getting excited yet. I think the Nationals at this point have the better chance of maintaining their success thus far.

But, I have a friend who is a baseball freak and knows a couple of the people involved in the O's organization (farm clubs and front office people) and he has been telling me for a couple years now the O's are gonna be good sooner than you think, so we'll see.

I'm not getting excited yet. I think the Nationals at this point have the better chance of maintaining their success thus far.

I'm not so sure about that - the Nationals are much younger, and their best players haven't even begun their MLB careers, really. We don't know how they'll react to a full 160 game season.

The O's, on the other hand, have played 2-3 seasons together already, and have some chemistry going. If their pitching holds up, there is no reason they can't keep this winning going. That's a big IF though; their pitching is usually what collapses after a promising start.

It's the pitching that concerns me. The Nationals have a better rotation. If the middle relief for the O's can maintain, I can see things differently. I guess it's like the Redskins, I am tired of getting my hope up only to be crushed by reality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.