• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Onion on RG3-Strong Side/Weak Side

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
This is the Onion at it's best. Hilarious.

SSWS-Robert_Griffin-web_1_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85.jpg

Link: http://www.theonion.com/articles/robert-griffin-iii,28096/

Good stuffs from my good friend.

Heh. I'm nervously chuckling here. A little too much truth in parts of that, truth be told.

"Possesses the ability to make Dan Snyder happy." Hah!

The best comedy is rooted in truth Goalde. ;)

A couple of good chuckles and a couple of "ouches" as they hit too close to home or the truth.

Don't get the part about the analysts who have never seen either of them play for even a second. What analysts are those ?

It's just a normal type of exaggeration used in satire-a type of hyperbole or over-statement , in this case used to take a jab at sports media pundits drawing unwarranted conclusions based on insufficient information.

the sad part? a three time SB champion (when other teams have accomplished nothing in that department) is accorded no respect. we know why. let's hope the outward sides of change hold.

RGIII!

I did giggle a little, but The Onion over the last few years has really gotten old. It used to be funny, now it just seems snarky or angry.

Nick

In the internet age, any team that makes the kind of mess the Redskins have made of the last decade is going to lose any previous championship luster that might have shielded it before. How long did it take the perception of the Indianapolis Colts to change when Peyton went down? When the Pats lose Brady, and suddenly thud back to earth, the glow their name seems to carry these days will fade so fast you will hardly remember it existed.

All of which is simply to say....some of the Onion piece is clever and funny, some is just derivative and appealing to the lowest common denominator. When the Skins finally string together a couple of winning seasons and become a playoff contender again, you're going to see a very quick change in the way you see the words Washington Redskins treated in the public arena.

So there.

Sounds like any organization that hasn't seen success in a while. Shooting arrows at each on the inside instead of attacking opponents on the outside. Success solves a lot of organizational problems. Hopefully, RG3 will be a part of that move toward success.

It's just a normal type of exaggeration used in satire-a type of hyperbole or over-statement , in this case used to take a jab at sports media pundits drawing unwarranted conclusions based on insufficient information.

Agreed...it stings more for Redskins fans because it's really not that far from the truth. Ouch! As others have said, an NFC East championship appearance or two will cleanse the negative karma from this team like a soapsuds enema.

And that analogy is probably on target.

Quite an extreme exaggeration.
It would have been funnier if they said something about the analysts having never played a single down of organized football themselves, in their entire life. Since there's more truth to that, than them never watched a single tape, it would have made better humor.

Yeah, a hilarious joke at that!

"Knows how to win, which isn't really part of the job description for a Washington Redskin."

Gold Jerry! Gold!

I personally love the crack about the panic first offense. Makes me think of Rex and his **** it, I'm going deep approach :laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.