• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign Draft Choices Crawford, Bernstine

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
May 4, 2012

REDSKINS SIGN DRAFT CHOICES CRAWFORD, BERNSTINE

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed 2012 seventh round draft picks cornerback Richard Crawford (213th overall) and safety Jordan Bernstine (217th overall). Terms of the deals were not disclosed. The team also waived college free agent running back Michael Shaw.

Crawford (5-11, 195) played collegiately at SMU for two seasons after transferring from Saddleback (Calif.) College. He started in 26 of 27 games played during his time at SMU, posting 106 tackles (73 solo), six interceptions, 21 passes defensed and two forced fumbles.

Crawford, 21, started all 13 games as a senior in 2011, finishing with 47 tackles (31 solo), two interceptions, 13 passes defensed and one forced fumble. He also added 16 punt returns for 189 yards (11.8 avg.).

Bernstine (5-11, 205) played collegiately at Iowa where he appeared in 44 games with 11 starts. He finished his career with 108 tackles (60 solo), one sack, one interception, three passes defensed, one forced and recovered fumble.

Bernstine (bern-STEEN), 22, started in 11 of 12 games played as a senior in 2011, compiling 83 tackles, one sack, two passes defensed, one forced and recovered fumble. He also added 30 kickoff returns for 713 yards (24.4 avg.).

Crawford I can see something in but looking at Berstine's career, I'm not sure why we brought this guy in unless it is specifically to boost Special Teams.

Crawford I can see something in but looking at Berstine's career, I'm not sure why we brought this guy in unless it is specifically to boost Special Teams.

I have to agree Neo. I would have thought we'd actually draft a guy like Minniefield over Bernstine. Then again, perhaps Bernstine could become the next Steve Tasker. I could live with that. :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.