• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who are your top UDFA's?

Another one has been added.

Dwayne Frampton, WR, Arkansas State

Looking at some of the UDFAs...

Josh Oglesby, OT, Wisconsin
Height: 6-7. Weight: 338.
40 Time: 5.80.
Bench: 22.
Arm: 35 5/8.
Projected Round (2012): 6-7.
4/24/12: Oglesby had a disappointing Combine. He ran very slowly and had a low bench press total for what was supposed to be a power right tackle. That pushes him further down on the third day of the draft.

However, Oglesby had a strong senior season with a lot of good tapes for NFL scouts. He had a very good showing against Nebraska. In both Michigan State games, Oglesby was beat on some plays, but the redshirt senior also had some very good plays. He was absolutely dominant in many of Wisconsin's wins.

Oglesby demonstrates surprising mobility to get downfield while also executing his bread and butter as a road grader in the run game. All year, he opened up holes for Montee Ball and James White while doing a good job of protecting Russell Wilson. Against Illinois, Oglesby was beat by Whitney Mercilus for a sack-fumble. A speed rusher like Mercilus is a mismatch for Oglesby.

8/20/11: Josh Oglesby was Wisconsin's starting right tackle in 2010, until a knee injury caused him to miss six games. He is a mauler, and a strong run blocker.

Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
Height: 5-10. Weight: 183.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Bench: 7.
Arm: 31 1/2.
Projected Round (2012): 3-5.
4/25/12: The impression from his pro day was not good since Minnifield was said to be still recovering from his knee injury. He didn't participate in the drills at the Combine for the same reason. Minnifield did weigh in however, and he was much shorter than his college listed height of 6-foot. That is a significance difference. With the knee injury slowly progressing, his stock is falling.

Teams threw away from Minnifield throughout 2011. He had three interceptions with 50 tackles, seven tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and eight passes broken up. Minnifield missed Virginia's bowl game because of his minor knee surgery. That also kept him from playing in any All-Star games. He had good coverage overall this season. Minnifield plays well in man coverage and zone coverage. He possesses a nice skill set for the next level.

8/25/11: Chase Minnifield could easily go in the first round, and higher than former teammate cornerback Ras-I Dowling who went with the 33rd overall pick last April. After notching two interceptions a season as a freshman and sophomore, Minnifield broke out with six picks last season. He also had 48 tackles with one sack and four passes broken up. Minnifield can contribute as a punt returner as well. Don't be surprised if his numbers decline as a senior as most teams will probably throw away from him.

D.J. Holt, ILB, California
Height: 6-1. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2012): FA.
4/25/12: Holt totaled 82 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, two passes broken up, zero interceptions and zero forced fumbles this year. It was somewhat of a disappointing season for the senior. He did not participate at the Combine.

8/25/11: D.J. Holt was leading the Bears in tackles for much of the season, before Mike Mohamed took the lead late in the season. Holt recorded 86 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks.

Additional thoughts on other UDFAs

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dskins-signing-of-undrafted-nt-vaughn-meatoga

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/garner_grant00.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70000&draftyear=2012&genpos=C

Grant Garner's twitter: "God is incredible! I can't believe how amazing He is! A dream come true #redskins"

Hard to believe Chase Minnifield goes from probable 1st round draft pick to UDFA in the space of a single year. Wow. Hope he sticks with the Redskins.

If he really "shows out" in camp..we can all say...

Frampton Comes Alive!

:afro:

Love it DP!

Here's a little info on our new Mr. Frampton.

Name: Dwayne Frampton
College: Arkansas State Number: 9
Height: 5-08 Weight: 173
Position: WR Pos2: KR
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2012
40 Time: 4.70 40 Low: 4.58 40 High: 4.78

12/16/11 - 2011 ALL-SUN BELT CONFERENCE FIRST TEAM: Dwayne Frampton (Arkansas State, Sr., WR), has been selected All-Sun Belt Conference First Team for the 2011 college football season. - Arkansas State football
12/16/11 - 2011 ALL-SUN BELT CONFERENCE SECOND TEAM: Dwayne Frampton (Arkansas State, Sr., All Purpose), has been selected All-Sun Belt Conference Second Team for the 2011 college football season. - Arkansas State football
10/18/11 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: WR Dwayne Frampton has posted three consecutive 100-yard receiving games, including a career-high 147 yards last game against UL Monroe. He also had 99 receiving yards in the season opener at Illinois. Over the last three games, Frampton is averaging 10.0 receptions and 124.3 yards per game. For the season, he is ranked No. 10 in the nation in receptions (7.8 pg) and tied for 24th in receiving yards (101.0 ypg). Frampton is on the Biletnikoff Award Watch List. - The Sports Xchange

Link: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107465&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

Dwayne Frampton 2012 NFL Draft scouting report
by Matthew Fairburn on Feb 14, 2012 2:46 PM EST in 2012 NFL Draft

7 COMMENTS EMAIL PRINT
Dwayne Frampton

5'9'', 180 pounds | Wide Receiver | Arkansas State

Games Watched: Middle Tennessee, Troy

Body Control: Frampton's body control is not elite, but he does a decent job of adjusting to the ball in the air. Arkansas State did not get elite quarterback play, so he became accustomed to making plays on the ball. I like his ability to make plays on the sidelines, and he is incredible in open space.

Hands: Dwayne Frampton has very reliable hands. Made some difficult catches in the games I watched. Catching the football is a big strength of his. Frampton did occasionally struggle with ball security when taking big hits, however.

Release: Frampton has a quick first step. He shows the ability to get separation at the line of scrimmage, but lacks the strength to consistently beat press coverage.

Route Running: His quick feet make him a dangerous route runner. Frampton works most effectively in the slot with quick underneath routes, out routes and any route that allows him to do damage after he catches the ball. That's not to say that he can't run vertical routes, because he has the speed to do so, but his size limits him.

Size: At 5-feet-9-inches tall and just 180 pounds, Frampton's size is far from ideal. But he could still find success as a slot receiver.

Speed: Frampton possesses good deep speed to stretch the defense, but it's his quickness that makes him so dangerous. He is incredibly agile and so quick in and out of his cuts, which helps him create separation.

Final Word: Many will overlook Frampton due to his size, but there is a place for him in the NFL. He's one of my favorite sleeper wide receivers because of how hard he works. He's a level headed kid who is willing to fill any role. His ability to make people miss in the open field will make him a dangerous return man early in his career, and with demand for slot receivers increasing, there is no reason Frampton can't fill that role as well with some maturity and understanding of an NFL offenses. I would have no reservations about spending a late round draft pick on him.

Link: http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/2/14/2798055/dwayne-frampton-2012-nfl-draft-scouting-report

"Final Word: Many will overlook Frampton due to his size, but there is a place for him in the NFL. He's one of my favorite sleeper wide receivers because of how hard he works. He's a level headed kid who is willing to fill any role. His ability to make people miss in the open field will make him a dangerous return man early in his career, and with demand for slot receivers increasing, there is no reason Frampton can't fill that role as well with some maturity and understanding of an NFL offenses."

Looks like he fits the bill perfectly!

And now we can add...

Phillip Thomas - S, Syracuse

I got one right in the mock!!! Ok, ok. He ended up being an UDFA. :) And it didn't cost a pick in the draft. He has a decent chance of making the team.

Looks like a nice, eclectic group of UDFA's although I'm still a little puzzled at our approach to the NT position. Not sure we addressed it. I guess that's why I wanted to bring in NJB so badly although I have no clue if Shanny even tried to contact him or if he fits the scheme.

Already looking forward to mini-camp reports. :cheers:

I heard reports that we picked up WR Lance Lewis from East Carolina. Anything?

If we did, he burned Stephen Gilmore a couple times in their matchup.

Reports that the Redskins have signed ILB Jonathan Goff. From Evan Silva:

"Jonathan Goff could be sneaky pickup for #Redskins. Only 26. @ProFootbalFocus graded Goff as a top-10 run-stopping ILB in 2010."

Yeah, I was hoping we'd sign Goff. Any indication about how he has recovered from injury?

According to JMU sources Kerby has backed off the Redskins offer and is deciding between the Skins and Titans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.