• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: RG3 vs Luck Angle I Wish I'd Had the Guts to Post First

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
RG3 vs Luck Angle I Wish I'd Had the Guts to Post First

Rat farts.

I've been batting around a possible Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck comparison angle for a couple of weeks now, but had yet to think through enough to try to give written form.

It's a good one too, one of those potential "I called it!" moments one either ends up getting to crow about down the road or, alternatively, cringing from hoping no one remembers.

Wish I'd pulled the trigger.

I stumbled across this column by Chris Baldwin today. Baldwin claims it, nails it, owns it and punctuates it in a way that needs no elucidation. He does to this concept what Heinlein did to any storyline he decided to explore.

So much for my future act-like-you-been-there moment of confirmation.

The article speaks more than clearly enough for itself, so you don't need me to add anything ... but for those not inclined to click links, it boils down to this...

Read More...

Last edited:
I called it on this very board months ago. Not in that lengthy and detailed of a way, but I am fairly certain I was the first pro-RG3/Anti-Luck guy on BGO to openly admit it (if not 1st, definitely second), and take the extra step of gloating about how in hindsight, the Colts will be embarrassed by picking Luck.

And don't worry El, you'll stop crying about us not getting Luck in no time :D

Edit: I went back and checked. The first anti-Luck post was February 29th when I posted the following amongst a Luck love fest........

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=45278

I would bet money that RG3 turns out to be the stud of the two. From what I've seen, I just don't see it with Luck, he's shown me nothing to back the hype. But I guess if the media tells everyone how wonderful he is for so long, a lot of people are bound to believe it.

Hype. That's all it is. The second coming of Ryan Leaf.

Last edited:
Sam Perkins over MJ isn't as bad as Sam Bowie over MJ.

"To whom much is given, much is expected," Griffin III tells the cameras after he's picked. "I'm looking to go succeed."

Luck? He tells Colts fans to "Hope for the best." Gee thanks.

Dammit, I spit soda all over the screen after reading that. :rotflmao:

I'm an RG3 fan now! Who is this Andrew Luck you speak of? RG3 is in B & G now, that is all that matters to me. I cannot wish Luck well in Indy because I think Irsay is a tool and the spawn of the debil!

Methinks youse dudes are missing the point. It's not about disparaging Luck, it's about the possible historical echo of choosing safe (Perkins/Bowie) over potentially historic (Michael Jordan).

Oh, and maybe have a little fun. You remember fun, right? :)

Methinks youse dudes are missing the point. It's not about disparaging Luck, it's about the possible historical echo of choosing safe (Perkins/Bowie) over potentially historic (Michael Jordan).

Oh, and maybe have a little fun. You remember fun, right? :)

I didn't even read the article. I was just reacting to Ex...

I kinda was having fun.

I didn't even read the article. I was just reacting to Ex...

I kinda was having fun.

I would suggest reading it, El. It's an interesting comparison-frankly leaning a tiny bit too much in the hyperbole direction for me but I have an allergic reaction to hyperbole. :cool2: :)

Excellent article

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I believe Cam Newton and Robert Griffin III are going to be transformational to the likes of Kareem Abdul and Michael Jordan. Griffin and Newton are different, but they both are going to change the game of NFL football. They are both that different from previous Quarterbacks in the NFL.

The NFC East should really be interesting the next few years. It will once again be the dominate Division in the NFL. It may take a few more years for the Redskins, but what a jump in competitiveness by acquiring Robert Griffin III.

I'm glad you didn't write it first, Om. Fawning all over yourself, endlessly trying to mask a "Little Guy" inferiority complex doesn't fit you as well as some.

YOU might have just been looking at a possible "I told you so" moment as having some fun.

Others would be ready to appeal to the Supreme Court to get credit for it, so they could be somebody.

I saw in another thread where, (by RG3fan, I think) it was brought up how, like Sammy Baugh, Griffin comes to us via Texas. We can only hope the young Griffin is the second coming of Slingin Sam. THAT would be too awesome for words.

Even though he can't equal Sammy. Since he doesn't play DB, and punter, as well. ;)

Wonderful piece Om. It reminds me of another situation that happened years ago in the NBA, and I hope the results are the same.

The Orlando Magic had the first pick, and were faced with the decision of drafting what appeared to be a more-ready Emeka Okafor, or a young, raw high school kid with something special about him.

Analysts all over the country, including Dick Vitale, sang the praises and wisdom of taking the sure bet, experienced Emaka Okafor who had played years of college ball. Why gamble? To do so seemed risky and foolish.

Some even proclaimed that to draft the other player would be a decision the Magic would regret for the next ten years--a franchise killer.

My opinion? I kind of like my Dwight Howard jersey.:smile2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.