• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins linebacker tees off on fans

The clown has absolutely no clue what he's done. I wonder how many people within the team and organization had to explain the seriousness of his mistake to him.

To then apologize via Twitter was bush league as well. "not because I'm scared....". Give me a break.

How is this about the owners ineptness ? Please enlighten me, because what I see is a team with a lot of talent, a lack of discipline, and a head coach that's over his head.

And who's fault is that? Who's fault is it that no reputable coach wants to come here? Who's fault is it that there is no team identity, no tone? It all starts at the top. Like I've said before, the danny has been the one constant here for the last ten years

I don't boo. Just don't do it.

On the other hand, I don't have any sympathy for this team right now. If you don't want to get booed, play like it.

On another, slightly off-topic hand, I don't see how you can't blame an owner who's team has won one division in the ten years he's owned it. Coaches, quarterbacks, assistants ... they've come and gone. Only one constant remains. Snyder.

This team has been built horribly for years. High coaching turnover is part of it (that's on Snyder.) Bad personnel decisions have been part of it (that's, at best, on the guys hired by Snyder.) Sure many of those decision were loved by the fans at the time. But that's because we're fans. We'll love ANYTHING the team does before we see it crap out on the field. Off-seasons are exciting. That doesn't make someone a good owner.

Like I told Mike, the fans are frustrated almost to the breaking point with the under-achieving, subpar, again not even close to potential-not anywhere near what the FO and HC have said was going to happen-performance of the team and the combination of anger, fear, frustration and something akin to what I myself have been feeling-namely "what the hell are you guys doing?" aimed at Zorn, Snyder, VC, Campbell, any given player who screws something up, whoever...erupted into boos. I've read a lot both ways-I understand the position of those who don't like booing the team as a matter of principle, I really do..but, honest to God, enough is enough-nobody can put up with a combination of ineptitude like this being displayed for long without wanting to scream in somebody's face "get your damn act together!".

Henson, IMHO, had no business saying what he said, it was petulant and childish and he's probably screwed himself in terms of fan support unless he becomes a pro-bowler overnight.

Hopefully, Zorn explained to him what the booing was all about. If anyone could relate to the booing, it's Zorn. ;)
I'm also glad his teammates took him to task for this idiotic move. If he can't learn anything from this, he certainly doesn't belong in the NFL.

Like most of you, I don't boo my team. Never have, never will. But I can't begrudge any season ticket holder that right when they're forking over big bucks for a less-than-stellar fan experience.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4492151

Linebacker Robert Henson has yet to play in a regular-season game for the Redskins, yet he drew plenty of attention from veteran teammates and coach Jim Zorn on Monday after tweeting about the home crowd at Washington's 9-7 victory over St. Louis.

He also wrote: "The question is who are you to say you know what's best for the team and you work 9 to 5 at Mcdonalds."

Hey Bobby-

You might want to start practicing the following line for your after-football career:

'You want fries with that?'

Hey Bobby-

You might want to start practicing the following line for your after-football career:

'You want fries with that?'

Fries are a given. Nowadays they're pushing mochas, lattes and apple pie. ;)

The real sad fact is, no coach thus far has been able to brake this organization out of the funk it's been in since Norve was coach. Not the hard ass coach, the hall of fame coach, or the hot prospect. The blame has to be directed somewhere, so people blame the person doing the hiring of the coaches, when the coaches are the ones that have failed.

If Cowher or Shanahan came here next season, most would be happy as pigs in slop. If they failed over the course of a season or two, it would be Snyders fault for hiring them. :doh:

Right ?
Yes, absolutely...110% right. Being fair, I can sort of see why you think the way you do. Assuming I'm understanding you correctly, as you see it, Snyder is merely the guy who signs the checks. End of story. Unfortunately, there are a few problems that make that view really hard to maintain if you give it a bit of thought.

The first is the most simple. Ever heard the expression "The buck stops here"? Owning something means you have a responsibility to do more than sign checks. You bear the ultimate responsibility for whether it does well...or not. That by definition is pretty much what leadership is.

In the case of a business like an NFL franchise, if you're not a "football guy" your one and only job as it relates to the on-field product, is to find and hold accountable someone competent to run football operations. That's it. Period. In Snyder's case, he simply has not done that. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Instead, he actually made things worse by breaking one of the cardinal rules of management and becoming best buds with his personnel guy. He even did the same with some of the players over the years.

Second, is the fact that Snyder has from the beginning been a hands-on owner. Had he been a laissez-faire owner, one could then perhaps make the case that he simply hasn't paid a lot of attention because he only sees it as a business and isn't interested in the football side of things, nevermind the responsibility I mentioned above. Obviously, that's not been the case with Snyder.

On the contrary, Snyder has been hands-on from the beginning and only really stepped back when Marty and Gibbs were running things. In the real world, that means his moves are going to be scrutinized. Heck, even if he were a laissez-faire owner, people would still scrutinize the team's winning pct. under his tenure. That's just the way of the world.

The reason for that at least in part, is a recognition that successful organizations start from the top down. So sure, you need a great coach. But the great coach one selects has to be a good fit with the team's personality, talent and overarching goals. Furthermore, that great coach needs a pipeline of talent to have much success. He also needs to be sure that he has the support of management in handling personnel and other issues.

In short, the player on the field is a distal end product that is the result of a process that starts and ends in the F.O. It doesn't just "happen" out of the blue without a hand to guide it and demand accountability for results. JKC was a master at this. Snyder? Well, I hear he and Tom Cruise are buds. :brood:

I'm sorry but Snyder has been found wanting in the on-field product, among other things (don't get me started on that stupid tinytron). Even worse, he's done more than simply not win, he's done so while flailing around aimlessley with no real strategy or purpose, all the while being crass and embarrassing the franchise in the process. Well, I for one am :furious: as hell and I'm just not going to take it any more.

Many fans have been saying JC couldn't cut it for at least two years now. What insulates Snyder from the same assessment after 10 years of absolute futility?

Oh....:anxious: oh, ok....uh...sorry. Got a bit carried away there. :anxious: (wipes sweat from brow and spittle from lips). /:rant:

Last edited:
If I was at the game, I hope that I would not have booed. BUT when I heard it on the TV, I think I said something to the effect of "Hear that Zorn, you suck!"

I didn't get the impression that the fans were booing the players, I thought they were booing the coaches because that's who I was pissed at. Defensive coaches playing soft schemes that give up third down plays. Lack of discipline. Stupid and easily defensible play calling.

I'm sick of it. Nobody would have booed if this were the first time. It's a long trend that we are sick and tired of. Boo coaches, boo!

the truth of the matter is that the Redskins could find a player with better developmental prospects on the PS of another team in the NFL and replace Henson altogether.

he is lucky to have made this team as perhaps the 53rd player based on Zorn's comment that he 'ran around like mad' in the Jacksonville game to show his commitment to earning a spot.

but I don't see Henson as a player with the overall size and speed to be a major factor at linebacker in the NFL.

at best he is a future special teamer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.