• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fine, Upstanding Citizen Brandon Meriweather...

Oh great. Now we know that SS will be a priority in the draft.

Sheeeeeesh.

well..i cant see how it would be too big of a surprise.

Agreed, it was only a matter of time before he was in trouble here really. I reiterate what I said when we signed him - he's Albert Haynesworth in strong safety form.

What about Williams and Jackson?

No reason to panic.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We shouldn't spend time worrying about ****-for-brains on an evening like this. Deal with knucklehead later...

Better now than September. At least now we have time to deal with this.

well, and please correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't we sign like 4 safetys over the last week?

that tells me two things
1 - we don't know who we're going to keep at safety
2 - these contracts have ways out without much (if any) penalty. otherwise we wouldn't have signed 4.

i'm willing to be that we could get rid of him with little to no penalty based on stipulations in the contract. that is, if the coaching staff decides they'd rather get rid of him.

i don't like knuckle heads on my team like this, but we're not exactly in a position to only bring in choir boys either. DWI is a serious crime, with real consequences for other innocent people. i can't imagine we want to keep him around now. but i can't blame the FO and coaching staff for wanting to give him a shot. hopefully they were smart when crafting the contract.

Everyone still happy with the signing? I knew we should have stayed away from this clown.

I don't get some of the comments in this thread. We put a franchise tag on a dope head who's one strike from being thrown out of the league and nobody says a word. Then people going to bitch about this.

We're still the same ole redskins, make no mistake about it.

Last edited:
I don't get it some of the comments in this thread. We put a franchise tag on a dope head who's one strike from being thrown out of the league and nobody says a word. Then people going to bitch about this.

Well, you might have been out of the country or something.

Plenty of people wanted the other two retards thrown out as well.

This is going to sound crazy to many, but I come from a background and industry where when I was in my early twenties, I'm not even sure you could get hired unless you had a DUI. It was absolutely expected. And if you didn't have a DUI before you began working, you would certainly have one within your first twelve months.

Things have changed in those twenty years, and society views DUIs much differently now. And that's a good thing.

I'm glad no one was injured. And I hope he gets his act together. He's really risking a great opportunity.

We paid him $2M to be here long enough to order a jersey.

I said at the time that Bellichick doesn't simply cut a pro bowl former first round pick.

There is always a backstory.

Well, at least he was smart enough not to agree to a breathalyzer. However, when questioned he couldn't even tell the police the name of the Club he had left.

I had to change my mock because of this bonehead!

**** him. He's dumber than a bag of hammers.

He hasn't been cut yet?

Are you serious? Who else do we have who can play safety. Please don't tell me Reed Doughty, because i may end up with a DUI before the night is over.

Last edited:
Williams and Jackson play safety the last time I checked.

Meriweather was not a favorite of Lovie Smith and saw his time decline in Chicago.

This is a guy in free fall just like Haynesworth.

He's entitled and doesn't believe the ordinary rules apply to him.

Williams started the better part of 4 seasons in the NFL. Jackson was a starter last year in Tampa.

I don't get some of the comments in this thread. We put a franchise tag on a dope head who's one strike from being thrown out of the league and nobody says a word. Then people going to bitch about this.

I did. I wanted Davis cut, hopefully sending a message to Trent and anyone else. I was very disappointed they tagged him!

Are you serious? Who else do we have who can play saftey. Please don't tell me Reed Doughty, because i may end up with a DUI before the night is over.

Madieau Williams
Tanard Jackson
Dejon Gomes
Reed Doughty

And they will draft someone tonight. Not to mention there are still a couple capable free agents out there.

Not the greatest group of safeties, but...

Did anyone see Meriweather in Chicago? They couldn't wait to ne rid of him and some of you guys are still under the impression we were getting the 2008-2009 version.

Jackson has more talent than Meriweather and is only 26.

I just saw his arrest photo. He looks much more high than drunk. He looks stoned out of his mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.