• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

After QB - Where Do We Draft?

After QB, which position do the Redskins draft for in the 2012 NFL Draft?

• Cornerback/Safety

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Offensive Lineman

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Wide Receiver

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Running Back

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Defensive Lineman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linebacker

• Developmental QB

• Other?

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Now that finding our QB with the #2 pick is a foregone conclusion, which position do we beef up with the next pick in the Redskins 2012 draft?

Offensive lineman. I imagine two of our first three picks after RG3 will be offensive linemen.

Judging how Coach Shanahan approaches the draft and seeing what he has done in the past, RBs will go in the middle rounds, skill players early on, and linemen later in the draft. I see no reason why 2012 will be an exception to the rule.

I would love to take a chance on Vontaze Burflict with a 6th round pick. Kid needs some direction for sure, but he has at least 2nd round talent if he can get his head on straight. But we definitely need to address the ILB and as much as i like Lorenzo, he is not the answer.

Judging how Coach Shanahan approaches the draft and seeing what he has done in the past, RBs will go in the middle rounds, skill players early on, and linemen later in the draft. I see no reason why 2012 will be an exception to the rule.

I respect where you're coming from - all we have to go on is previous history. But this is a unique year. We've traded the farm for a franchise QB - we can't afford to draft 'as per usual'. We need O-Line help. Big-time. I'll be sorely disappointed if, having ignored the obvious in free agency, we don't attempt to fill some major O-line needs as a priority after RG3.

I would love to take a chance on Vontaze Burflict with a 6th round pick. Kid needs some direction for sure, but he has at least 2nd round talent if he can get his head on straight. But we definitely need to address the ILB and as much as i like Lorenzo, he is not the answer.

I have been digging around and was able to come across of a couple of people in the know about Burfict. Their response was to stay as far away as possible from him. He likes to party way too much and is no longer dedicated to the game - no one will change him at this point.

I respect where you're coming from - all we have to go on is previous history. But this is a unique year. We've traded the farm for a franchise QB - we can't afford to draft 'as per usual'. We need O-Line help. Big-time. I'll be sorely disappointed if, having ignored the obvious in free agency, we don't attempt to fill some major O-line needs as a priority after RG3.

I don't think we will draft as per usual either and this is why the mock was shown as having multiple trades again. We are not going to ignore the OL - if anything, we did try to bring in some big uglies, but the cap crap hindered our efforts on several players. My prediction for three or four OL in the draft stands and I think all of them will be strong contributors. Look for similar numbers in the UDFA market.

I don't believe you can depend on a sixth round rookie to protect your rookie franchise QB. At least I hope not. Then again, I never thought John Beck was a QB--not even for a second. So you never know what Shanahan will do.

I really hope he finds a lineman in the third.

OL - Specifically RT.

I think CB should be our biggest priority with our immediate pick after RG3. It just feels like the weakest position on our team.
But i'm not aware of what kind of players we're expecting to be available in round 3 at all the positions, and that would clearly matter.

I feel like we should probably do best player available in round 3. We were 5-11 last year. We need help at every position.

With all the needs the team has I hope they pick BPA. Having said that I hope the BPA at the point they pick is an OLman.

While I really want a couple of fat boys, I would be awfully tempted to go CB with our 3rd round pick. I'm really torn between a guy who could step in at RT and a CB like Boykin who could cover the slot.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down with that 3rd rounder and grab somebody's later 3rd and 4th or 5th in order to better fill some needs.

Yep, I agree with this. I bet they go get another WR playmaker for RGIII. They are betting the farm on this kid, and will make damn sure he's got all the weapons he needs.

I have been digging around and was able to come across of a couple of people in the know about Burfict. Their response was to stay as far away as possible from him. He likes to party way too much and is no longer dedicated to the game - no one will change him at this point.

Evan Silva went as far to say his play dropped off significantly this past season also; the guy has as many red flags as you can have for a draft prospect. Knowing all that, we ARE talking about the guy who drafted Maurice Clarett in the 3rd round, soooo....

BPA.

We still have plenty of holes to fill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.