• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Asante Samuel? Should We?

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
I have always hated these threads.....but Asante Samuel? Child, please.

It appears that the Eagles are willing to take even a fifth or sixth round pick for him, and he's reportedly willing to take a drop in pay.

The downside? He is over 30. But wow, he would firm up that secondary immediately.

So would you give up a fifth or sixth for him?

Would the Eagles do it again - trade a key player to an interdivision rival? I'm skeptical. They knew McNabb was done, done, done. I have to think they might be more worried about handing Samuel to a rival...

Nope! Just read the only reason the Broncos didn't complete the deal was because they couldn't come up with a figure the 2 could agree upon to restructure Asante's contract. The story suggested that the Eagles were ready to ship him to Denver.

that does play into it, but bottom line they want value if we give up a 5 and 6 when everyone else offers a 6 we might get him. if we werent starving for picks..... lol anyway whoever gets him has to pay him so he can block a trade by refusing to renegotiate. we tend to be creative, thats a hole card.

Boone, he's due a $10 million bonus shortly if he's on their roster. Reportedly, they feel they have to do it....it's not that they want to do it.

They're in a very tough spot. Someone is going to step in and grab a great player for a low price.

we get him and suddenly our secondary goes from weak to above average, because we use him and wilson but we then upgrade our NB by moving hall there were his gambling is an asset not a hindrance.

We'd have a pretty nasty secondary immediately. And lots of ints.

Many around the league were willing to give up a ton for Nmandi.....a fifth or sixth for Samuel really seems cheap.

Yeah, he's so good Reid's been trying to replace him, and has already been shopping him for year, now working on the second, with no bites. Something stinks about it.

I'll pass.

I'm watching Moneyball right now. It may be appropos here :)

I just need to know one thing? Can Asante get on base?

He can get on base but he can't score.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't want the eagles refuse. Samuel is another near empty player on the downside.

In the market this is called catching the falling knife.

You don't become prosperous using this type of model.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm watching Moneyball right now. It may be appropos here :)

I just need to know one thing? Can Asante get on base?

I read the book then watched the movie. Pretty damned interesting. I've been applying my favorite quote in the book to my job here lately:

"Too many people make decisions based on outcomes rather than processes"

Probably something there for the Skins FO to learn as well...

Friends don't let friends trade with the Eagles.

Just say no.

BT, he's only 31.....not 34. And he continues to play at an incredibly high/pro bowl level. He's had 19 Ints in the last three years. I don't believe there's any question about his ability.

His price is the question. The Eagles already have a fortune tied up in their secondary.

I'm not sure we can even afford him....but I would hope we are at least making a phone call.

I have always seen him as more of a zone player and at his worst when used in man. In short, another DeAngelo Hall type and we don't need the DeAngelo we have, much less another one.

nope.
i'm tired of trading away our picks for other teams old players.

the eagles are looking to get rid of him for a reason. lets not play that game with them again.

Assante Samuel is a starter. Who are you going to sit? Granted, he's probably better than anyone we could draft but at least the draft pick would not come in expecting to start right away.

Also, without that 36 mil in cap space, if the Broncos couldn't come to an agreement on a contract with him, I seriously doubt we could.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.