• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

UPDATE 4/24: "It's Official Now"; Colts Confirm Taking Luck

Agreed, tshile. I heard the interview and heard the same thing....the part quoted above reads totally different than it sounded in context. If anything, I got the impression the Coach was doing his best throughout that interview not to sound TOO gushy about his former star QB.

Exactly my point about Russell chumming the waters. To post that AFTER this news comes out clearly biases the reader.

Why doesn't Chris Russell just go back to defending John Beck's performance against the Bills one more time? :)

I rarely agree with Russell and his take when I hear him on ESPN 980.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

You mean I was supposed to be, like, paying attention to this stuff?

If there weren't some people making negative statements I'd be starting to worry about RGIII seriously. Media love-fests make me suspicious anyway being mostly hype and not based on careful observation just a "ride-the-wave" load of self-promoting talking heads doing their "this is entertainment and I'm an entertainer/personality" thing. Coming across as a "Whee look at me I'm being a contrarian!" is simply another tactic in the pundit game.

Besides, how many highly rated soon-to-be-drafted QBs haven't had detractors show up pointing out flaws in their game, personality, demeanor, atleticism...etc? It's all part of the draft pundit universe.

I'll still be sitting back with a smile on my face when the Redskins announce RGIII as their selection at #2.

RGIII aint no dummy...he knows snyder will tear up the rook contract sooner rather than later and pay him nicely. that is not SOP in Indy. he also knows DC is a better market from which to expand his options.

Yep, everyone at Baylor hates Griffin. For proof, there isn't a single person from Baylor even talking about him with Redskin fans. Heck, I bet they'll all be cheering on whoever he plays against next year because he's a member of the hated Redskins.

Have to love the media...

Being a hard ass competitor will do nothing but earn him respect in the NFL. May rub some college athletes the wrong way, but if he performs, the pro's will follow him gladly into battle. Most hyper competitive personalities are brash. You look at the top flight QB's and it isn't uncommon to see them reaming ass on the sidelines. Bring it on. We could use some fire around here. It's contagious.

Whatta butthead.

Robert Griffin III: 'I'm not a selfish guy'

Robert Griffin III was the target of some silly mud-slinging for the first time in the pre-draft process on Thursday, when an unnamed scout said he had a "selfish streak."

This wasn't quite as silly as Cam Newton's smile being put under the microscope, but it seemed out of left field for a guy who is known for his leadership abilities. In a conversation with CBSSports.com's Will Brinson, Griffin took the news in stride.

"People who know me ... know I'm not selfish," Griffin said. "You could say [I'm] surprised, but you never know. It's just when the draft gets closer, everybody's going to try and find something wrong with you to try and pull you down, so I'm not going to sit here and argue that, well that guy is dead wrong.

"But I think the people that know me -- and even in the people in the media have seen -- know I'm not a selfish guy. You know you don't have to fight your own battles -- let other people fight them for you. That's about all I can say about that. I heard it, but it's not something I'm going to address."

And that will probably be the last we hear of this somewhat manufactured story. It would be one thing if the scout's take on Griffin was repeated elsewhere, but this sounded like a lone wolf.

Griffin will be a Washington Redskin soon enough, and will be judged by his play on the field, not gossip off it.

What a dick. It's no wonder his teammates hate him:

Peter King‏@SI_PeterKingReply
Re RG3 bashing: When I asked him for his favorite play of '11, he talked for 5 minutes about his downfield block on RB TD in Alamo Bowl.

That poor running back had a tummy ache too.

RG3 is a meanie.

Whatta butthead.

Griffin might as well get used to this kind of stuff sooner rather than later. I am walking around in a dream-state, trying to wrap my mind around the fact that we are about to bring a real, bonafide franchise caliber QB into the burgundy and gold fold.

I'm floating :)

Last edited:
This is from the Friend article I just posted in a separate thread....figured this passage was appropriate here as well.

It really is hard to overstate what a schmuck this Robby III guy seems to be.

He thought about Robby's life. At 2, he was living in Japan, and at 6, he was living in a slum. At 9, Robby was singing solos in church, and at 11, his principal thought he'd someday be U.S. president. He had finished high school in three and a half years. He irreverently wore SpongeBob socks and composed songs. His goal in life was to be a lawyer. So the III on his back wasn't a burden at all; it was the symbol of one family's journey. "My dad always promised me he'd give me more than he ever had," Robby says. "The least I could do was pay him back, pay my great-grandmother back, pay my grandfather back."

His fans, teammates and coaches at Baylor, the coaches he played against and many of the neutral observers who have commented on his career, talents and character along the way all agree. The man is selfish.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odT2HLVq_JQ[/media]

Todd McShay on RG3/Vick comparisons: "If you think Vick when you watch RG3, you're either not watching tape or you don't know how to do your job."

The comparisons start and end with Elway only - but RG3 is smarter and more athletic. In a few years, any good prospect will be compared to him and a few select others. Character will never, ever be a concern.

Griffin might as well get used to this kind of stuff sooner rather than later. I am walking around in a dream-state, trying to wrap my mind around the fact that we are about to bring a real, bonafide franchise caliber QB into the burgundy and gold fold.

I'm floating :)

That's what I'm talking about. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.