• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jabar Gaffney Twitter Meltdown

It can't be long before some team puts a moratorium on Twitter/Facebook/Social Media, right? If not complete restrictions, then at least during the season, that has to be coming I would think.

Lanky, are you suggesting he wasn't hacked?

I just joined Twitter a few weeks ago so I don't know enough, but he seemed pretty po'ed about it and said he was discontinuing his account.

It can't be long before some team puts a moratorium on Twitter/Facebook/Social Media, right? If not complete restrictions, then at least during the season, that has to be coming I would think.

Yeah, I'm surprised it hasn't happened league wide already to be honest.

I just joined Twitter a few weeks ago so I don't know enough, but he seemed pretty po'ed about it and said he was discontinuing his account.

I'm suggesting its the easy excuse to make. Very well could have been hacked, but I think that's too easy. Let's just say I'm very skeptical. :)

"I was hacked" is right up there with "I was drunk." :)

I doubt he was hacked. Either way, I don't really care, other than if I were a full-grown adult I'd be pretty embarrassed after losing it on the airwaves like that.

It will go away. it wont be the end of him.

It just indicates that he has no idea what he's doing. This is why no popular person should have a public twitter account that they hold. If they are going to have one, then only their agent/pr person should be posting to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

He definitely wasn't hacked.

I have no proof of that, I just feel it's common sense that if someone posts something on twitter that gets negative PR they're going to immediately claim someone else posted it (or they were hacked).

If he was actually hacked he'd turn it into the DOJ, as they'd be more than happy to investigate it. They're currently trying to get as much funding as possible to fight cyber crime, so the more cases they have to show the happier they are.

I don't know. I can be somewhat forthcoming on the internet, but the things he was saying were rather odd. I know I wouldn't go there.

Either way, if he doesn't get traded for some value, a 4th round pick and him for a mid 2nd rounder to pick up Bobby Massie :), then he will be on the team opening day.

It will go away. it wont be the end of him.

It just indicates that he has no idea what he's doing. This is why no popular person should have a pubic twitter account that they hold. If they are going to have one, then only their agent/pr person should be posting to it.

Is this the premium twitter account?

Sounds like the team is getting ready to get rid of Gaffney. Don't know if it will be a trade or an outright release, but looks like he is gone.

EDIT: Chris Russell is reporting Gaffney told him the team is trying to trade him. A straight-up trade for Aqib Talib is the rumor on Twitter right now.

Sounds like the team is getting ready to get rid of Gaffney. Don't know if it will be a trade or an outright release, but looks like he is gone.

EDIT: Chris Russell is reporting Gaffney told him the team is trying to trade him. A straight-up trade for Aqib Talib is the rumor on Twitter right now.

Such a risky trade, but one that could be very beneficial! If that kid could get past his personal issues and grow up in time to reach his potential, he could be a great addition!

I just have to wonder about a kid who is facing aggravated assault charges involving a handgun.

Such a risky trade, but one that could be very beneficial! If that kid could get past his personal issues and grow up in time to reach his potential, he could be a great addition!

I just have to wonder about a kid who is facing aggravated assault charges involving a handgun.

We have had another player who had an aggravated assault charge involving a handgun, and I quite liked him....One could only hope we got somebody like that again.

Perhaps Danny could pay to make that charge go away. :uhoh:

I agree it would be risky but I'd do it. We'd probably get no more than a 6th or 7th for Gaffney and if Talib could stay out of trouble, it would almost seem like a steal.

Perhaps Danny could pay to make that charge go away. :uhoh:

I agree it would be risky but I'd do it. We'd probably get no more than a 6th or 7th for Gaffney and if Talib could stay out of trouble, it would almost seem like a steal.

The thing I am most confident of is that we won't trade Gaffney for anything less than the value our front office places on him. If we could get Talib for Gaffney, I think I might pull the trigger too. Morris was incapable of doing more with him as head coach, but as the position coach he may...he'd have more time to spend with him.

Shi No Tenshi, still breaks my heart to this day to think about him. He had turned the corner, sometimes a new baby in one's life could do that.

Twitter is a buzz today with the talk of a Gaffney trade. Looks like Gaffney is talking up a trade and playing a victim.

Jabar Gaffney on @espn980 says after season talkin to Rex & Kyle: "Both said I was their man-they told me i was good even w/ rebuilding WRs"

Not welcome at the park....
Redskins receiver Jabar Gaffney, their leading pass-catcher last season, said he was told not to report to offseason workouts while the team attempts to trade him. The story was first reported by ESPN980.

“I was very surprised,” Gaffney said by phone. “I wanted nothing more than to play for the Redskins. I’m still looking forward to a great season with the Redskins, but I was told I don’t have to be up there now. I was told I’m being shopped around. That’s the only reason why I’m not at the voluntary workouts. I’m hoping it all blows over.”

Full Story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.