• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

First Annual BGO Draft Virtual Tailgate

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
While the NFL Draft has a certain excitement level every year for football fans everywhere, this year takes on a special significance for fans of the Redskins. I don't think any fan base anywhere has as much reason to be as excited as we do and that includes the Colts, after all, you could argue that this year we will have 3 drafts in one, at least in terms of 1st round selections.

So with that in mind, BGO will be hosting a Virtual Tailgate for the membership during this year's draft. Come join us here Thursday, Friday and Saturday while we watch the draft, cheer for the newest Redskins and revel in the future of our favorite franchise.

Yeah, we know we live a long way apart (heck, a face to face staff meeting requires a drive of 19 hours from one of us and 4 or more from another) but that should not deter us from gathering at our favorite internet watering hole for some burgundy and gold comradeship.

This thread will be stickied until after the draft for discussion on draft day food and beverages of choice. The BGO chat room will be open for some direct interpersonal discussions about the goings on. And we may come up with some other stuff between now and then.

So make plans to spend the draft with your TV and BGO, and we can all make fun of Mel Kiper's hair together.

Last edited:
I'm the one who sort of got this thing started and glad to see that it is part of the forum now. Hope it will be a fun thing and we can do this for opening game, chili cook off, and the Super Bowl too.

This was the thread that got the idea started last month.

http://bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=45321

Like Neo said, this is for those of us who live too far away to tailgate at FedEx or attend other activities on a regular basis. It is also for those who may be going through other challenges such as medical, financial (hey, have you seen the cost of gas these days???), and time constraints.

We have a mock draft game, new stuff in the arcade, new mobile features, membership drive, new Tshirts, chat room being open during the draft (chat is a blast), special welcomes to the Baylor fans, and the BGO store is always open.

We'll be sharing recipes, food ideas, what we will be making/eating, flying Redskins flags on our cars and at home, the shirts we are wearing, etc.

Plan your meals and fun. RG3 is on his way and we will celebrate Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in style! Sunday too - heck, make it an entire weekend of fun.

I've been thinking of what I'll make for food. A large deli-style or Chicago style pizza. BBQ ribs. Sirloin steaks. Fried chicken. Seafood - stuffed clams, crabcakes, shrimp, yellowfin tuna, salmon. Sub sandwiches. Turkey dogs and turkey burgers. Sides like mashed potatoes, cole slaw, baked beans, peas, green beans, etc. Cheesecake. Apple pie. Going shopping on Tuesday for the first round of stuff. A month of dieting starts the following Monday. :)

I will be on Holiday (Sunny Nairn) for the first round but plan to be here for the second day of the draft. Hopefuly (remember I am 5 hours ahead of you so it means a late night)

I'll bring Irn Bru, Scotch Pies and Haggis (if I can catch any that is).

[media]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Irn_Bru_Cans.jpg[/media]

3292_PC_Scotch_Meat_Pies_-_(EN)_-_(500x500).jpg

az-Scotland_Haggis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, looking good.

I went shopping today and got the first round of stuff. London Broil, turkey burgers, turkey bacon, egg beaters (and salsa), peas, baked beans, gravy (for the mashed potatoes), green beans, and sirloin steaks. More to come.

Ok, got my menu planned for the most part.

Thursday Night:
Sirloin Steak
Salmon
Peas
Salad
Apple pie

Friday Morning:
Egg Beaters
Turkey Bacon
Orange Juice

Friday Lunch:
Sub Sandwich

Friday Night:
BBQ Ribs w/sauce
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Peas
Cheesecake

Saturday Morning:
Egg Sandwich
Turkey Bacon
Orange Juice

Saturday Lunch:
Deli Style Pizza
Salad

Saturday Night:
London Broil
Mashed Potatoes w/gravy
Baked Beans
Cheesecake

Sunday Morning:
Egg Beaters
Waffles
Orange Juice

Sunday Lunch:
Fried Chicken
Baked Beans
Peas
Apple Pie

Sunday Supper:
Stuffed Clams
Shrimp
Crabcakes
Yellowfin Tuna
Cheesecake

Two days of leftovers - then diet for one month. :)
Going to tailgate to the max, have fun in chat, kick some bottoms in the arcade, post some mocks, get another RG3 shirt, etc., etc., etc.

Let's see - we have...

1. Arcade open to all and a tournament going on - can win a BGO cap or RG3 shirt.
2. RG3 Shirts for sale and many things in the online BGO store.
3. Chat will be open during the draft.
4. Getting food ready for draft weekend. Sharing of recipes - if desired.
5. A draft prediction game (win more stuff!).
6. And, and, and, RG3!!!

Good luck to everyone in the various contests.

Need to get some snacks on Thursday when I'm out getting the rest of my food. Any suggestions?

Where's the beer on the menu??

The beer menu appears as follows:

Rye Bones Ale
White Nipple Belgian Wit
Two Penny Honey Pale Ale
Bones Own English Black Ale
Hazelnut Brown Ale
Black Sun American Black Ale
Jerked Porter
Mint Chocolate Stout

All brews proudly produced by the Two Penny Brewery, Dallas TX. Not available commerically...yet.

Jerked Porter? As in, Jamaican jerk seasoning? Wow, I humbly request a couple of bottles of that at the Dallas tailgate (assuming you're going).

Jerked Porter? As in, Jamaican jerk seasoning? Wow, I humbly request a couple of bottles of that at the Dallas tailgate (assuming you're going).

Yes sir. It is brewed with coriander, all spice and black pepper. And I would be more than willing to share if I were going to be at the Dallas tailgate but right now I am guessing the odds will be slim since its on Thanksgiving and we usually host family for that holiday. But we will see.

The tailgating has begun! All Hail the BGO Draft Vitual Tailgate and Hail to The Redskins!

Need to get back to the arcade tourney in a few minutes. Going to have a nice supper with salmon and sirloin steak. Yum!

Let's get this party rolling!

Having steak and tater tonight as well. Will be here with St. George's Brewery IPA and their Richmond 4. The Richmond 4 is to celebrate RG3's name being called.

Will bring some crab dip to the tailgate as well.

A little on the pedestrian side tonight, but sipping on a beer and getting ready to make some chicken noodle soup :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA&ob=av3n[/media]

Dinner was a couple hours ago. Roasted chicken, cole slaw. Both store bought, but very tasty.

For the draft, it's snack time.

Yuengling Light Lager (Thanks MikeSr) and salted peanuts.

Just finished up... blackened tuna steak, and a nice baby spinach salad. Hope to have the evenings chores don in time to join in the chat.....

Maple cured ham, green beans, corn on the cob, tuna salad, chicken and dumplings, garlic butter melted into thick slices of baguette. Summer sausage, Genoa salami for snacking.

Chester's Puff Corn for decadence. :)

12 oz. sirloin strip was last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.