• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Second Annual BGO Draft Prediction Competition

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Well folks, we are a little over 14 days and 6 hours away from being richer by a franchise QB, be that the much anticipated arrival of RGIII or the less likely but almost equally pleasing arrival of Andrew Luck. Heady times, my friends, heady times.

So it's with much excitment that we at BGO announce the second coming of last year's fun Draft Prediction Competition. Do you think Charlie Casserly was over rated? Feel like Vinny telegraphed what we were going to do and then wasted two days worth of phone time the end of April every year?

Here is your chance to prove to the world that you know better and should be part of the Redskins Front Office team.

The rules are simple.

- Contestant must have picks submitted no later than start of Round 1, 8pm ET Thursday April 26.
- Contestants must submit picks by e-mail to me at my BGO e-mail address (neophyte@bgobsession.com).
- Contestants must list selections by player name, position played and school.
- Contestants predicting trades must list predicted trade partner and trade compensation.
- Once the draft is complete, I will total all scores and announce a winner no later than Sunday May 5th.

Round 1 (Pick #2)
- Correct 1st round player 5 pts
- Correctly predicting a 1st round trade 5 pts
- Correctly predicting the correct trade partner 5 pts
- Correctly predicting the correct trade compensation 5 pts (applicable only if correct trade partner is also predicted)
Round 2 (no current picks)
- Same as picks above except that correct predictions are worth 10 pts
Round 3 (Pick #70)
- Same as picks above except that correct predictions are worth 15 pts
Round 4 (Picks #103 and #110)
- Same as picks above except that correct predictions are worth 20 pts
Round 5 (Pick #134)
- Same as picks above except that correct predictions are worth 25 pts
Round 6 (Pick #163)
- Same as picks above except that correct predictions are worth 30 pts
Round 7 (Pick #198)
- Same as picks above except that correct predictions are worth 35 pts

Additional Rules
- Right player/Wrong round - half the points for the predicted round or the round he was selected in (whichever is lower).
- New picks acquired by trade will be scored by the rules of the round that pick is in.

While there isn't a lot of doubt about the Skins first pick (are you brave enough to pick RGIII going #1 to the Colts?), we saw last year the kind of wheeling and dealing this team, lead by Shanahan and Allen, are willing to engage in so the field is wide open for you to have fun with this and predict some crazy stuff.

If you have any questions they may be posted in this thread or sent to me by e-mail or PM.

Good luck.

PS - BGO staff and their families are eligible to play but may not win. Just to be sporting and all that.

Last edited:
Here is the draft as I see it. I used sites like Walters Football, fftoolbox and NFL Draft Scouts. I also followed some of the players that BB discussed (Great Job BB).

The extra 6th is from a trade I think we pull off for one of the elder vets, Gaffney, Moss or Cooley.

1.) Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
3.) Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma
4.) Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State
4.) James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
5.) Terrance Ganaway, RB, Baylor
6.) Nate Potter, OT/G, Boise St
6.) Joe Looney, G, Wake Forest
7.) Kelcie McCrary, SS, Boise St

I really thought we would have a chance at Trumaine Johnson, CB from Montana St (6'3" 210), but I believe he will get snagged up sooner since Jayron Hosley tested positive for marijuana. Omar Bolden could be a steal in the 4th since he is coming off an injury that caused him to miss this past season.

Edit: In light of the Brandon Merriwhether arrest for DUI, I am changing my 7th round choice. We have to take at least one, but I believe it will be a later round choice since we brought in Tanard Jackson.

Last edited:
Alright kids. Just under 24 hours left over to get your picks submitted to me.

Just like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play. :)

I think we trade down to the point where we get an extra 5th and extra 6th.

1.) Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
3.) Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma
4.) Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona St.
4.) Nate Potter, G/OT, Boise State
5.) Terrance Ganaway, RB, Baylot
5.) Joe Looney, G, Wake Forest
6.) Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor
6.) Evan Rodriguez, TE/FB, Temple
7.) Jerry Franklin, ILB, Arkansas

Last edited:
Round 1: Robert Griffin, III - QB, Baylor.
Round 3: Janoris Jenkins - CB, North Alabama
Round 4: Tony Bergstrom - OL, Utah
Round 4: Joe Adams - WR, Arkansas
Round 5: Vick Ballard - RB, Mississippe State
Round 5: Matt McCants - OL, UAB
Round 6: Art Forst - OL, Rutgers
Round 7: Jerry Franklin - LB, Arkansas
Round 7: Chase Minnifield - CB, Virginia

A half-hearted attempt at this mock. Doing this for fun only.

Extra 5th rounder from moving down in the 4th round. Extra 7th rounder from moving down in the 6th round.

Last edited:
BB, how did you pick up the second rounder?

If we could get a late 2nd rounder I would love to get Trumaine Johnson instead of Omar Bradley with the 1st 4th.

BB, how did you pick up the second rounder?

If we could get a late 2nd rounder I would love to get Trumaine Johnson instead of Omar Bradley with the 1st 4th.

It's late. I took a dumb pill instead of a sleeping pill - got the bottles mixed up.

Omar Bradley? Is that old fart still around? He's one tough leader. Heck, I've heard that Patton still thinks highly of him.

It's late. I took a dumb pill instead of a sleeping pill - got the bottles mixed up.

Omar Bradley? Is that old fart still around? He's one tough leader. Heck, I've heard that Patton still thinks highly of him.

:cuss: Ugh!

Neo, are those draft slot numbers correct?

According to NFL..com, it's - 2-69-102-109-141-173-213

I think Neo's numbers don't take into account missing draft picks for the Saints (bountygate), and the Raiders (supplemental draft).

Emailed my selections to Neo.

Posting here so others can observe the brilliance.

1st rd – Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3rd rd - Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
4th rd – Ben Jones, C, Georgia
4th rd – James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
5th rd – Matt Reynolds, OT/OG, BYU
5th rd – Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion (pick #166 acquired from Bengals for Gaffney)
6th rd – Evan Rodriguez, FB/TE, Temple
7th rd - Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State

They were right originally...before the NFL tried to personally make me look bad. I blame John Mara. :)

Emailed my selections to Neo.

Posting here so others can observe the brilliance.

1st rd – Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3rd rd - Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
4th rd – Ben Jones, C, Georgia
4th rd – James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
5th rd – Matt Reynolds, OT/OG, BYU
5th rd – Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion (pick #166 acquired from Bengals for Gaffney)
6th rd – Evan Rodriguez, FB/TE, Temple
7th rd - Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State

Ax, LOVE the Evan Rodriguez pick. If we don't end up with Owen Schmitt, I could definitely see Rodriguez as a receiving FB.

I also am going to go out on a limb, and predict that, after tonight, this competition will be a dead heat.

Bold.

Here's my mock. I'm ONE FOR ONE, BEACHES!!

Round Pick Player Postion School
1 2 Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3 6 TRADED
3 22 Juron Criner WR Arizona
4 7 Robert Turbin RB Utah St
4 14 TRADED
4 21 Nick Jean-Baptiste NT Baylor
4 29 Senio Kelemete G/OT Washington
5 6 David Molk C Michigan
5 12 Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M
6 3 Trevin Wade CB Arizona
6 21 Jerry Franklin ILB Arkansas
7 6 Josh Oglesby OT Wisconsin

Trades:
Redskins trade 3rd round, pick 6 (240pts) for Cincy's 3rd round, pick 22 (160pts) & 4th round, pick 21 (60pts), and 6th round, pick 21 (19pts).
Redskins trade 4th round, pick 14 (74pts) for Buffalo's 4th round, pick 29 (46pts) & 5th round, pick 12 (36pts)

The Rams are the clear winners tonight. Traded down AGAIN with the Cowboys, and ended up getting Michael Brockers at 14. Unbelievable!

I had Adam Gettis on my draft but thought we would address safety because of Meriweather! Aaah!

I'd propose a rules change for next year's contest - give points for 'wrong player/right position' each round. It's just too damn hard to pinpoint one player at one spot... just a thought...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.