• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thomas out for the season

I haven't heard that, but given it's the same tricep injury he's had 2 of the past 3 seasons, I'd say that's not a hopeful sign. Don't worry though, we've got a plan!

Ugh...bad news if true. I think Rinehart might be ok in that spot but that just thins out the depth even more.

LOL @ Boone. A "plan" indeed.

I heard he will have an mri tomorrow.

Good thing we addressed the line in the offseason:rolleyes:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/r-thomas-likely-out-for-season.html

R. Thomas Likely Out for Season
Right guard Randy Thomas is expected to miss the remainder of the season with a torn right triceps, according to multiple NFL sources. Team officials said Coach Jim Zorn will comment on Thomas' status on Monday, when Thomas is expected to undergo an MRI. Thomas torn his left triceps in September 2007.

Good thing we addressed the line in the offseason:rolleyes:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/r-thomas-likely-out-for-season.html

R. Thomas Likely Out for Season
Right guard Randy Thomas is expected to miss the remainder of the season with a torn right triceps, according to multiple NFL sources. Team officials said Coach Jim Zorn will comment on Thomas' status on Monday, when Thomas is expected to undergo an MRI. Thomas torn his left triceps in September 2007.

Casey Rabach said after the game that Randy will be a big miss, but we have to get Will ready to play the rest of the season.

So it will be Montgomery and not Rinehart? Hmmmm...sounding more and more like maybe Rinehart might not cut it if that is true.

Thomas' career in Washington is likely over with a layoff until next offseason. He will be 34 and will have missed much of the past 2-3 seasons.

With Randy it seems as if he hit the same wall with his body that Jon Jansen did at 30.

Just couldn't stay healthy after that.

While there is no all-pro backup at OG, the situation is better than at OT.

Sounds to me like Rabach is overstepping his bounds. I'm guessing Blache probably won't appreciate him making personnel decisions for him :) As far as I know Rinehart is #2 at that position. I'd be surprised if they don't use him, but it's possible they could slide Montgomery in there. I just don't get why Rabach would be commenting about it.

Given the obvious depth/age/injury issues on the line it would have been nice to see the FO take a shot on some late round o-linemen instead of Cody Glenn, Robert Henson, and Eddie Williams.

I hate hind sight crap but I was screaming about this at the time and now the reality of the situation is upon us.

It's not 'hindsight criticism' though Whiskey. We've had key OL injuries every year in recent memory. In fact, I'm not sure injuries to the OL are even an 'if' in today's NFL, more likely they're a 'when'.

Were we a stronger team offensively (say we had an elusive, productive, experienced franchise QB) it would be easier to understand/justify our approach in planning for the worst. Given our shaky offensive position coming into this season, it's difficult for me to understand how you don't decide to significantly beef up your OL backups, knowing a key injury or two could literally derail your entire season.

I'm not arguing Thomas' injury is signficant enough to derail our season. But we lose Samuels or Rabach - that would likely make it very tough to be competitive in the physical NFC East.

Right now, Zorn's coaching is almost a guarantee of finishing in the cellar.

Not only does the team not come out crisp and execute, but the coaching decisions that are made in the flow of the game are beginning to look more and more like Barry Switzer or Steve Spurrier.

I suppose Bulldog is pretty much spot on with the Jansen comparison. The FO was able to assess Jansen's shortcommings with injury and age but unable to do so with Thomas.

Going into the offseason there didn't seem to be a lot of confidence in Rinehart. Makes the draft, and other lack of offseason acquisitions, even more of a head scratcher.

We should go out and trade a 2nd rounder for someone's 34 year-old backup RG now.

Sorry. I couldn't help it. :)

The team did bring in a veteran guard in Bridges. But then the club somehow decided he was here to compete for a tackle spot only.

Bridges didn't play well during the preseason and didn't have a great camp.

I am curious as to whether part of that was because he really didn't want to be the backup OT here at age 29.

I did forget about Bridges. I stand corrected, to some degree, on the team's effort to bring in backup O-linemen. I'll admit thought that guys like Bridges don't give me the warm fuzzy feeling about line depth.

well, around here anything short of bringing in Joe Thomas as a backup OT is going to have people concerned :laugh:

let's face it, most teams don't have depth, or at least depth that is capable of performing at a high level.

Pete Kendall would be looking pretty good right now to me...even though he'd have to switch to the other side. I get your point Bulldog, but we've also got an older line (even our pro bowler is no spring chicken), and our backups seems to be 'scrubbier' than most teams scrubs....is that overstating it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.