• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
No, not the movie.

See Señor Riley to your immediate left? That, my friends, is a NEW AVATAR. Something we have not seen around these parts in a very long time.

I haven't been in position to work on BGO's unique avatar feature in quite a while. I may not be in position to fully get back to it yet, but by god I'm going to try to at least bring the different tiers current...and maybe even add a new one from time to time. We have so many long-gone players still in our supposedly "active" Tier 2 level that it's embarrassing. Slowly but surely you will see the entire Tier system of avatars updated and expanded.

As a reminder, one of the more interesting features we've built here is the connection between our avatars and BGO Gallery. If you click on Mr. Kerrigan you will see what I'm referring to. What we hope to have someday is a full roster profile, vids, etc., in the Gallery for each player linked to it's corresponding avatar.

Big dreams.

Anyway, I know this probably wasn't SoW thread-worthy, but I'm pretty stoked to have finally not only remembered the various steps involved in getting a new avatar fully integrated, but actually DOING one. So I figured what the hell.

Carry on. :)

New:

Ryan Kerrigan
Leonard Hankerson
Trent Williams
Roy Helu
Barry Cofield
Stephen Bowen
Jabar Gaffney
Jarvis Jenkins
Perry Riley

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, hopefully you keep the Sir Lanky Livingston avatar around, although I wouldn't mind a little RG3 avi (once that is official and all, you know).

Pretty dang cool. Custom avs are all the rage these days. :)

Anyway, look forward to what you have in store for us.

Added a few more to Tier 2....Bowen, Trent Williams, Helu, Hankerson. Before you know it we'll acually have the roster covered again. And yes, there will be multiple iterations of either RG3 or Luck to choose from.

And Mike, your specially designed arrow ain't going anywhere unless you want it to. It wasn't anything to do with April Fool's though. When we discovered that the team (and league) were looking askance at our original BGO logo, we unhappily decided the best move was to just go ahead and pull the plug on it and come up with something with absolutely zero chance of getting us afoul of any lawyer anywhere. For a few days we had the full sized version of your special avatar up top with the subtitle (NFL Approved Logo) below it.

You fell in love, and the rest is history. :)

Oooh, don't know if this one is new or not, but I LOVE it!

Nope, not new. But I do too. :)

FYI, your Marko avatar has been restored....just in case you miss it.

ADDED: DL Jarvis Jenkins

Nice to see you guys taking advantage of Om's hard work. Good stuff.

I went back and looked at some of them, and I don't know whether they're old or new but some of the available choices of former coaches and players are amusing: Norv Turner, Jim Zorn, Marty Schottenheimer, Gregg Williams, Campbell w/ Snyder, Laron Landry, Colt Brennan, etc. You should offer a Heath Shuler avatar. :D

As you wish. :)

286208_display_image.jpg

Man, some cynical bastards around here... ;)

Oh, it's all good. There may some 'careful what you wish for' action soon. :)

Fantastic work Om and Boone. I have no idea who is left....cough...Garcon....cough.:blank:

As soon as I have a decent shot of Pierre in burgundy and gold, we'll serve it up. Same with Josh Morgan and all new Skins. We're a long way from done. :)

Fantastic work Om and Boone. I have no idea who is left....cough...Garcon....cough.:blank:

I gots no mad skillz...that's all Brother Om....

I just know how to pick my spots. A few shiny new avatars and I'm The Man. Boone and Neophyte, meanwhile, do all the heavy lifting behind the scenes and somehow still let me stick around.

I do love this place so. :)

Indeed we do, brother Mike. Indeed we do. Maybe one of these days we will work a way to do a tailgate in some fashion so that Boone and I can share some of it too.

I went back and looked at some of them, and I don't know whether they're old or new but some of the available choices of former coaches and players are amusing: Norv Turner, Jim Zorn, Marty Schottenheimer, Gregg Williams, Campbell w/ Snyder, Laron Landry, Colt Brennan, etc. You should offer a Heath Shuler avatar. :D
Nyuk. ...............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.