• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Are the wheels coming off?

No doubt.

I don't think Zorn wanted to be a head coach when he went to Snyder and interviewed for an offensive coordinator position.

I don't know why Zorn thought that interviewing for a coordinator position before a head coach was hired was a good idea, but I'll push that blame on Snyder still.

It's not over. This story will be written one day. Zorn has been and may still be over his head as a coach. It's up to him to pull himself out of the hole or to let us bury him in it.

Well Boone, looks like we have the answer to the question you posed with this thread.

Yes dammit. Yes. :wall: :frown2:

It's almost time to bust out the :anonymous:

I need to not post for awhile. It's not that I'm mad. I'm strangely non-emotional. I've come to expect suckage

I'd would like to extend a big "THANK YOU (for nothing) to the danny for sucking the joy out of Sunday's.

You can either bring in a GM next season (a real one) or I'm done with season tickets danny. Bank it

You know what Sarge, you are not alone. I hear from a lot of folks who have been a part of the longest sellout streak in the NFL say they are ready to give up their tickets because of the sub-par product being offered. I hope Dan Snyder hears the likes of you and the many others who are disgusted with it.

But you want to know what will happen, instead of fielding a quality product Dan Snyder will announce his plans for a new stadium that will rival the one in Dallas. This marketing ploy will excite the fan base and for some reason we will be duped into having some hope that we can see our beloved Redskins win a SB again! Instead of putting a quality team on the field, he will wrap up the same product in a new and fancier package!

Last edited:
I need to not post for awhile. It's not that I'm mad. I'm strangely non-emotional. I've come to expect suckage

I'd would like to extend a big "THANK YOU (for nothing) to the danny for sucking the joy out of Sunday's.

You can either bring in a GM next season (a real one) or I'm done with season tickets danny. Bank it

2nd.
I've pretty much told my wife and my friend that I've cancelled the remainder of the home games and if they wanted to go, feel free.
It's a 2.5 hour trip for me each way.
I feel like I've been beaten up after the effort I put in screaming for the team and the long car ride.......
I makes my Monday hell and I need as much energy for a 10-11 hour day on my feet as possible.

I don't need to waste my time hearing fellow fans booing a team that plays like it doesn't care if it wins or loses.

But you want to know what will happen, instead of fielding a quality product Dan Snyder will announce his plans for a new stadium that will rival the one in Dallas. This marketing ploy will excite the fan base and for some reason we will be duped into having some hope that we can see our beloved Redskins win a SB again!

Let him.
He'll offer up PSLs and raise tickets and I'll be glad that I invested in a big HDTV and used the extra day off to work on projects around the house.

Like others I've come to expect and tolerate a mediocre team. Wasn't totally surprised yesterday, but was mad and upset at their performance.

Was thinking about the wheels coming off. I believe the lug nuts were loose last season. Remember things like the Portis vs Zorn episode on sidelines and how we lost 6 of last 8. Blaming the OL injuries was an excuse or mask for other problems. I feel the players have too much control or say. I blame Zorn, the players, FO, and Snyder.

Guess it is time for a "players only" meeting this week.

You know what Sarge, you are not alone. I hear from a lot of folks who have been a part of the longest sellout streak in the NFL say they are ready to give up their tickets because of the sub-par product being offered. I hope Dan Snyder hears the likes of you and the many others who are disgusted with it.

But you want to know what will happen, instead of fielding a quality product Dan Snyder will announce his plans for a new stadium that will rival the one in Dallas. This marketing ploy will excite the fan base and for some reason we will be duped into having some hope that we can see our beloved Redskins win a SB again! Instead of putting a quality team on the field, he will wrap up the same product in a new and fancier package!

Hey man, you can only polish a turd so much. Right now he can offer me a lazy boy chair and free BJ's at halftime and I'm still out. All I want is a competative team. I don't think that's too much to ask. Hell, I'd go back and sit in RFK for a team that is at least showing up on weekends.

And I would hope that after 10 years, the danny is not so stupid as to think that a shiny new stadium will keep the fans coming. What I fear is that he is still in the mindset to think that a splashy coaching hire will still do the job.

Now granted, there are some splashy coaches out there. Everyone knows their names. But he point is, I DON'T WANT DANNY MAKING THE SELECTION.

I want a GM to make the selection. ANd I don't want the GM's name to start with a "V".

This next year will really tell a lot about the danny and whether or not we're doomed with his ownership until he dies.

If he pushes the button on Zorn during the season, as much as he might deserve it, then he's still an impulsive jerk.

THere is no one on the staff that I want being a head coach or that has even shown that they can run the team, except maybe Buges, and I don't know if he can run the WCO.

If the danny does not have a GM lined up by the end of this season, he's an impulsive jerk. If he thinks after all these years that he can just hire a coach (and there are a couple of no misses out there) without hiring someone to establish and guide a team philosophy, then he has learned NOTHING, and we are DOOMED

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams go through cycles. They have up years and down years.

I'm starting to think this is merely a down year. On offense, many of our skill players are starting to show their age. Our offensive line is turning over. On defense, our secondary has lost it's two best players over the past three years (Springs and Taylor) and suddenly we can't buy a stop on third down.

This just may be one of those years that we just don't have all the pieces.

Now, this is by no means an excuse. What is inexcusable is that our up years have been years where we've won 8 or 9 games. That's pathetic. Our front office, whoever the hell's in charge, needs to stop acting like we are just a player away from greatness. We need to stop pretending that we have ALL this talent on this team and it's just a matter of time until we start winning 12 games a year. There is no evidence that that's ever going to happen.

Since Synder bought the team the Redskins have been doing their damndest to maintain their talent level. But that talent level has really only been worth about 8 wins a year. When it dips it's worth about 5 wins. Good teams are three wins better than that.

Zorn is probably gone after this year. Another coach kicked to the curb. But I don't think it's the coach. This front office needs a better plan than 'fill this hole' or it won't matter who the coach is. Turning coaches over every two years will only make it worse. The only time Snyder came close to understanding that was when Gibbs came back, but even Gibbs didn't want to think long term.

This team needs a GM in the worst way. A guy who has a plan. Until we get one, this team will continue to tread water, and occasionally sink.

I wish Snyder had taken all the money he's offered to Spurrier, Schotty and even Gibbs, and wrote a check to Ozzie Newsome. he probably still can...that guy is a personnell genius.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

... and suddenly we can't buy a stop on third down.

Henry, I agree with everything you and many others are saying, but the statement above was true for Gregg Williams too. Even with ST and Springs, we still had trouble on crucial 3rd and longs. Like I mentioned in another thread, I believe this scheme is the problem and I don't think Blache is aggressive as Williams which may be making things worse.

I mentioned to Sarge that the marketing machine will probably do its best to repackage the product on the field instead of replacing the product from top to bottom. I just hope you guys are right and the Danny boy sees that we are not going to buy his sub par product anymore.

I wish Snyder had taken all the money he's offered to Spurrier, Schotty and even Gibbs, and wrote a check to Ozzie Newsome. he probably still can...that guy is a personnell genius.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Lanky, Ozzie would never leave Baltimore to come here, he works for an owner who allows him to do his job. Why would he come here to have Snyder sticking his fingers into every decision?

We keep talking about a new GM, the problem may be who wants to come work for Snyder? Ron Wolf's name has been thrown around, but would he want to come work for Snyder?

I used to be a fan of Snyder because I believed he wanted to win first and foremost! Now I am not so sure. I think he cares more about that huge mansion on River Rd with a view of the Potomac that he illegally cleared (allegedly).

I am finally convinced he is probably as bad an owner as Peter Angelos!

...But you want to know what will happen, instead of fielding a quality product Dan Snyder will announce his plans for a new stadium that will rival the one in Dallas. This marketing ploy will excite the fan base and for some reason we will be duped into having some hope that we can see our beloved Redskins win a SB again! Instead of putting a quality team on the field, he will wrap up the same product in a new and fancier package!
You know El, I had a similar thought while watching the Cowpukes lose to the Gnats the other night. However at the time I was thinking more along the lines that Danny was (mentally) looking over at Jerruh taking a whiz in the next urinal over and feeling awfully inadequate. Hell, Dallas' jumbo, jumbotron compared to our tinytron is enough to do that by itself.

Add in the need for another big "splash" to keep the fans interested and I'd expect Snyder may not be able to resist the urge. Unfortunately, that increased interest will be good for exactly one game at which point the putrid on-field product will remind everyone that even in a nice, pretty new package, the product inside is the same. We'd still be the same mediocre chumps that can't figure anything out, on-field or off...well, other than how fat Snyder's pockets keep getting no matter how much pain the fans have to endure. :bomb2:

2nd.
I've pretty much told my wife and my friend that I've cancelled the remainder of the home games and if they wanted to go, feel free.
It's a 2.5 hour trip for me each way.
I feel like I've been beaten up after the effort I put in screaming for the team and the long car ride.......
I was all excited prior to the season because I was actually going to get to see the Skins play here in the ATL again. Well, I've changed my mind about that. There's no way in hell I'm spending $300-$400 on tix to watch these bums come here and stink it up.

If my employer has tix to give away I might consider it. However even at no cost it might not even be worth the investment of my time.

Last edited:

I'm starting to think this is merely a down year. On offense, many of our skill players are starting to show their age. Our offensive line is turning over. On defense, our secondary has lost it's two best players over the past three years (Springs and Taylor) and suddenly we can't buy a stop on third down.

This just may be one of those years that we just don't have all the pieces.

Now, this is by no means an excuse. What is inexcusable is that our up years have been years where we've won 8 or 9 games. That's pathetic. Our front office, whoever the hell's in charge, needs to stop acting like we are just a player away from greatness. We need to stop pretending that we have ALL this talent on this team and it's just a matter of time until we start winning 12 games a year. There is no evidence that that's ever going to happen.

Since Synder bought the team the Redskins have been doing their damndest to maintain their talent level. But that talent level has really only been worth about 8 wins a year. When it dips it's worth about 5 wins. Good teams are three wins better than that.

Zorn is probably gone after this year. Another coach kicked to the curb. But I don't think it's the coach. This front office needs a better plan than 'fill this hole' or it won't matter who the coach is. Turning coaches over every two years will only make it worse. The only time Snyder came close to understanding that was when Gibbs came back, but even Gibbs didn't want to think long term.

This team needs a GM in the worst way. A guy who has a plan. Until we get one, this team will continue to tread water, and occasionally sink.

Great post Henry.

I'll add something that I think most fans miss, and that is that this organization is soulless. There's no set of core principles, or a guiding philosophy lighting the way. The leadership of our Redskins spends as much time trying to manipulate the press, stick it to their critics, and plotting to suck more nickels from it's fanbase as it does trying to field a winning football team. I don't believe in karma, not really. Good thing, because Snyder's earned 100 years of bad energy since he blasted his way into Ashburn. But I do believe that it's equal parts ego and power-hungry self-interest that best define the Redskins, and have for a decade now. A thousand Pat Fischer belt buckle stories can't change that.

Short of God coming to Daniel Snyder and telling him to get his mind right, I'll believe the Redskins can return to glory in my lifetime when I see it.

The leadership of our Redskins spends as much time trying to manipulate the press, stick it to their critics, and plotting to suck more nickels from it's fanbase as it does trying to field a winning football team.

Boone, you nailed it and didn't even realize it.

This IS their core philosophy.

If you want to know what our team is focused on, just visit the official site. The only ****ing thing on the homepage that doesn't have an ad slapped on it is the Redskins helmet. And they probably thought about putting one there.

It's obscene.

It's embarrassing to be a fan of this team.

Public Service Message:

To anyone in the Washington D. C. area, and surrounding counties in Maryland and Virginia within a forty mile radius of the Beltway.

If you happen to be the owner of a dark color Maybach and are not the owner of the Washington Redskins NFL franchise, it will be advisable for the foreseeable future to seek an alternate form of transportation as the public reaction to the continuing decline in the team's performance may result in random and possibly misplaced attacks on any such vehicle. Such attacks may take the form of rock throwing, spitting upon said vehicle, pelting said vehicle with garbage or excrement, keying the vehicle while parked (it is considered extremely important that any such vehicle be kept at a minimum distance of three miles from FedEx field), or attempts at rendering such vehicle inoperable. The use of improvised weaponry such as flamethrowers or trebouchets, while unlikely, have not been entirely eliminated as potential hazards.

The public will be advised when this heightened state of alert is no longer necessary.

ADDENDUM: If you are the are the owner of a dark color Maybach and are the owner of the Washington Redskins NFL franchise please feel to disregard this notice. Thank you.

I wish we had an Art Monk on this team. Back in mid-80's we were out of the playoffs and there was a players only meeting. Nothing unusual.

What was unusual was it was reported that Monk stood up and spoke. He was always the quiet one, so when he spoke everyone was quiet and listened. What he said everyone took to heart and fired the team up. The team went on to win final few games and next year the playoffs.

Do we have that player today? If so, who?

Feel not only the wheels have come off, but the hubs as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.