• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who is our LT in 2012 - anyone else concerned?

isle-hawg

Camp Fodder
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Williams is an OK player to me but certainly not worth the pick we payed for him in hindsight. To me he is either a ****ing idiot or a habitual dope user that can't give up his addition or both. If not he would not have failed 3 (THREE) drug tests in the same year.

We know we need a RT who can actually be healthy enough to play. This is what many articles have been about. The bigger story to me is who is going to play LT for us??

If Williams is so lackadaisical to continue to fail repeated drug tests last year I can't imagine he is putting in extra time now to work out to be a superior player in the (unpaid) off-season - and stay away from the weed. But I sure hope I am 100% wrong on this.

I personally don't think Williams will have off the field issues in 2012.

But the valid point remains that this team pending those #3 and #4 picks in the draft in 3 weeks has done NOTHING in the offseason to add depth anywhere along the line, except for signing James Lee today.

And in re Lee, my concern there is a team that finished 4-12 and had by most accounts a disastrous season on offense in 2011 - kept Lee on the bench for most of the season.

A sign they thought their other OL on a 4-12 team were better.

Here's to hoping they were wrong.

Bulldog, the team seems reluctant to make the hard choices to have a well-balanced team in the future.

We have a wealth of talent in some positions, and gaping holes in others. And we seem to hold onto our stars way too long.

I wanted Portis traded years ago, once it was clear that we weren't ever going to be a contender with only him, and before his body broke down. I firmly believe we could have had Boldin instead.

There are only three ways to fix these holes--FA, draft or trades. If we can't address them all through FA or the draft, then we need to avoid the mistakes of the past, and start entertaining trade offers.

Pick your player. Cooley, Moss, or others. Or a combination of several of them.

The knock on Williams is his work ethic - I think the troubles this past season have put him on notice; either shape up or ship out. He may get a look from another team, but guys with one year suspensions hanging over their heads don't often get huge contracts. I bet he plays to his ability this year, and locks down the LT position.

Williams actually came into camp in shape this past offseason. His play was solid overall compared to 2010.

But we can't fix all the holes with top draft choices and major free agents.

Those #3 and #4 picks need to go to the line for depth purposes and competition to the incumbents.

This merry go round at safety of using top picks and free agent signings has to end.

Reed Doughty continuing to start 10 games each season is evidence of the failure.

But I would not remedy the situation by using those #3 and #4 picks here.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.