• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Does Anyone Else Have A Small Nagging Worry About The Quality Of Our Coaching?

Well, I'm of the opinion that our defense was good enough last year. If the offense had been halfway competent, we'd have been in the wild card if not challenging for the division.

And I don't disagree with that. My concern is that the defense will get worse with Slowik coaching the backers. Morris is a clear upgrade over him in the defensive backfield but he seems to be a clear downgrade from Spanos for the LBs.

And I don't disagree with that. My concern is that the defense will get worse with Slowik coaching the backers. Morris is a clear upgrade over him in the defensive backfield but he seems to be a clear downgrade from Spanos for the LBs.

Both of these things are true - however our LBs are clearly more talented than our CBs, so the dropoff there (if any) will be markably less than the improvement in the secondary. Neither of which will be astronomical (I think the value of position coaches at this level is a tad bit overrated - Spanos & Haslett were on the same page last year, Slowik & Haslett will be on the same page this year).

Spanos has been coaching linebackers in the 3-4 scheme much longer than Haslett. I give him all credit for helping our guys adapt to it as fast as they have. But, that job wasn't finished. Not by a long shot. I don't know Slowik's LB pedigree, but I doubt is better than Spanos. My concern is it's a big step backwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.