• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thanks guys

Sarge

Just wanted to say "Thanks " to the owners one more time for carving this little niche of the internet out.

It's much,MUCH nicer to have a 15 page game thread and share it with friends than to wade through 60 ages of crap

Here's to a win today! :cheers:

Right back at ya....I have mixed feelings, I want Redskins fans to find our little corner of nirvana here, but not too many of them that we lose the 'tight knit' feel of the place :)

It's much,MUCH nicer to have a 15 page game thread and share it with friends than to wade through 60 ages of crap

Don't forget BGO Chat if you want something a bit more "real time".

Just my perception, but it seems the other place went downhill after about the 5000 mark. No offense to good posters that came on after that of course

Go peek at ES. It is chaos....

I still like going there but you have to pick your spots.

Great post Sarge, it's so not "extreme" here and that's such a good thing. On another note, I'm watching the SNF game on DVR delay and they just said "Giants and Cowboys kick off next" and my 4 year old son says BOO Cowboys! Will teach him the Giants thing later but my goodness, I'm a proud Dad tonight :).

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to do a game chat with a reasonably-sized group of friends. Even if today's was a bitch-fest, it was still a blast :)

After the esteemed owners here filled me in on some history I spent an entire weekend checking out...well, the "other" place. Thanks guys for this place. BTW, it's drawing just the kind of fans you wanted-I like it here myself.

I'll second Sarge's post. Wasn't here for game, but love to come here and see a healthy discussion.

------------------

Last edited:
You guys are all idiots.

Oh, and homers.

:p

I have expressed my gratitude to the staff here already but I don't have any problem saying thanks again.

It takes me a couple of minutes to formulate my long winded and boring responses. I can usually pull that off here before I lose my train of thought or the conversation has gone off in a direction where my comments aren't relevant any longer. I can also have a difference of opinion without having things degenerate into a pissing match.

I met some cool people at the other site. There are some butt heads too. The butt heads tend to downed out the good posters. I popped over there a couple of days ago and realized why I hadn't been back in a while. Just want to talk football with people who are passionate about the team as I am and who don't act like a bunch of bums fighting over a park bench. I've got that here.

There's a lot of love in this thread.
Mazel....good things....:p

Seriously, you guys did good. I still feel a kinship with ES and will probably never stop participating there on occasion, but more and more I find myself checking this site first, and staying here the longest.

Hail -

Yeah, you're right about feeling a bit of a kinship with ES. I was one of the first few hundred members there, and there are still a lot of great fans there, but for it was just too big and cumbersome.

Yeah, you're right about feeling a bit of a kinship with ES. I was one of the first few hundred members there, and there are still a lot of great fans there, but for it was just too big and cumbersome.

and you get tired of people who you've never met before on the board flame your comments or hijack a thread just because they can.

Yeah, thanks a ton guys. This place is great. From the smaller, more intelligent diatribe, all the way to the Braveheart quote on the main page. Yeah, I noticed that, I love that movie.

Now let's hope the team takes care of business tomorrow and kicks the crap out of the Lions!!

Cooley: "Well, we didn't get dressed up for nothin!"

As this season ends and our hopes of a successful playoff run were long ago crushed, I find myself looking back thinking that this may be the most difficult year I have ever experienced as a Redskins' fan. I did not come into this season with any absurd expectations, I knew we would not win a Super Bowl, but I did believe we had a better team than the one that showed up this season. With the hype over the past 10 years of a SB contender just a player or 2 away, reality set in and I took the wait and see attitude a few years ago, but this year I still had higher hopes than waiting to see what our draft position is as the last game of the year approaches.

As we quibbled about the quality, or lack thereof, of this team throughout the season, I often found myself embroiled in intelligent, informative, and respectful discussion on this site. I did not get bogged down while in conversation, by the negative banter that I have seen spewed about on other sites. As difficult as this season was as a fan to watch, the opportunity to come aboard BGO and discuss Redskins' woes was rather therapeutic. It afforded me the option to discuss Redskins football with like minded, obsessed fans who were every bit as frustrated as I was, not get caught up in arguments with opposing teams' fans having no real basis for discourse.

For the opportunity for a bit of therapy, if you will, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the founders of this site and the members who challenged me to think and offered a little support as we labored through the most difficult season as a Redskin fan I have experienced.

Thank you for founding this site! And thank you to the members who make this site a haven of intelligent discourse!

Now, what do we do in the off-season? Speculate? :kick_can:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.