• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thanks guys

a very nice site here and i,m glad i have found it.

it,s been tough but the tough will survive.

Time for a long overdue Obama thread:)

I'll see you over in the 5 O'Clock Club. LOL!!!

WD, we can only hope that any splashes that are made in the off-season are the type that actually make sense.

I'll see you over in the 5 O'Clock Club. LOL!!!

WD, we can only hope that any splashes that are made in the off-season are the type that actually make sense.

agree.
I would rather just have us bring in guys that play well (your blue collar types) and make just a slight ripple that bring in one guy and make a big splash.
We start drafting well.....or at least more often (more picks give you more opportunities to not fail) and build a team.

I get caught up in the hype and will just have to force myself to admit that we need 2-3 years of building to have the starting talent and depth to make a run.

If Mr. Snyder allows Allen and the next HC continuity and time, I am convinced that we'll be better for it and more likely to make an actual run for a NFCE, NFCC or a SB title.

Oh God no.

I need a drink. :)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

The Pain Train's comin' baby!;)

terry.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...If Mr. Snyder allows Allen and the next HC continuity and time, I am convinced that we'll be better for it and more likely to make an actual run for a NFCE, NFCC or a SB title.

I have an idea that, what with the apparently new direction things seem to be taking with the Allen hire and whatever that may entail, we will have ample topics to discuss between now and next season. The management of the Redskins do have a flair for drama (!).

I am in accord with other members who have posted of their gratitude for this forum and the quality of both the discussions and the members. I visit numerous NFL team fan forums in search of information-and because football fans can be very...um...entertaining. :uhoh:, and BGO is simply heads and shoulders above any other such forum I've visited. Some are reasonablly polite and respectful, others resemble nothing so much an an online sports bar filled with belligerent drunks.

I came to know the owners here from another "non-football" site in which I encountered an unusual spirit of meaningful discussion done with consideration for the opinions of others and a mutual respect-which attracted a group of people of similar minds and preferences. This was uncommon among the numerous blogs and discussion forums I've encountered online-so when they announced their intention to start a Redskin fan forum with a similar perspective and "feel", I anticipated something a "cut above" the rest.

Gentlemen, you have succeeded admirably-again, my congratulations and heartfelt thanks. Well done, indeed. :)

It's good to see all the old screenames over here when I first joined ES when it was a good site to discuss football. I plan on contributing to this site more, just haven't had the time with work.. but this place is head and shoulders better than ES... That place is a joke.

Now all we need to do is get Bubba to post all the news stories over here and we will be set :moon:

Last edited:
It's good to see all the old screenames over here when I first joined ES when it was a good site to discuss football. I plan on contributing to this site more, just haven't had the time with work.. but this place is head and shoulders better than ES... That place is a joke.

Now all we need to do is get Bubba to post all the news stories over here and we will be set :moon:
Well, I do love me some bubba, but ...

Redskins News

FYI, we're going to try something a little different come offseason. The various BGO News Forums currently draw their stories automatically from numerous RSS feeds (eat your heart out, bubba :D ), but

1) the lead snippets vbulletin defaults to are pretty lame--too little info, and
2) they're off the beaten path when it comes to discussion.

SO ... we're going to try to tweak the leads to be a bit more expansive/clear, and more interestingly (it says here) we're going to have some custom code written so that any time a member posts a "reply" to an RSS thread in a news forum, it will automatically be movied/copied to the appropriate discussion forum.

Meaning, if a member reads an interesting WaPo story in the Redskins News Forum and posts a reply, the thread will be moved to the Sons of Washington Forum for discussion. Similarly, if someone replies to an RSS thread in the NFL News section, it will automatically be moved to the National Football League forum.

Seems like a pretty obvious feature to add ... and one we hope will make the main discussion forums more active and user-friendly, particularly for those who just swing by every now and again to see if any major stories are breaking or just catch up on the latest hot topics.

Here's to bigger and better things in 2010.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you for putting this site together. However, I did find this site through a posting at ExtremeSkins when someone was asking where Blondie was at these days.... :)

I have to agree that it's much easier reading a few pages than to sift through 50 pages of garbage (NNT, :munchout:, etc.).

I normally just read more than anything because by the time I have something to add, someone has already posted what I was going to say anyway.

Thank you for the board!

It was my understanding that there would be free beer on gamedays? ;)

Anyway, Thank You for making this a great place to come talk all things Skins. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.