• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

How did we survive?

Boone, I had missed that one. Very nice. Reminds me of my youth. Definitely did the mix all the chemicals in the chemistry set one (got some foaming green concoction - cool!). Also had the BB gun which was great for shooting at glass bottles as they would shatter very satisfactorily.

And I definitely lost a few model rockets. I remember getting one for Christmas and setting it off (in Guy Mason Park) only to have in land in the Vice-President's yard (Naval Observatory). No problem, my sister hopped the fence and retrieved it (I'd like to see a kid try that now). :)

We would also manufacture various implements of destruction. We would buy calcium carbide from Sunny's Surplus and then use it to make our version of a Molotov ****tail. Carbide was great fun. What could be better than simply adding water to rocks to get a flammable gas? Making Polish cannons was also a blast. I also recall my friend making a homemade mini-crossbow. This doesn't cover the other items we bought such as throwing stars and blow guns. :)

Ah, the joys of youth. My son will sadly miss out on many of these things.

You sound like a kindred spirit China :)

And yeah, I think our kids are really missing out - their memories will be of classic Xbox video games and epic laser tag battles... I think I prefer our version....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.