• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

How did we survive?

Boone, I had missed that one. Very nice. Reminds me of my youth. Definitely did the mix all the chemicals in the chemistry set one (got some foaming green concoction - cool!). Also had the BB gun which was great for shooting at glass bottles as they would shatter very satisfactorily.

And I definitely lost a few model rockets. I remember getting one for Christmas and setting it off (in Guy Mason Park) only to have in land in the Vice-President's yard (Naval Observatory). No problem, my sister hopped the fence and retrieved it (I'd like to see a kid try that now). :)

We would also manufacture various implements of destruction. We would buy calcium carbide from Sunny's Surplus and then use it to make our version of a Molotov ****tail. Carbide was great fun. What could be better than simply adding water to rocks to get a flammable gas? Making Polish cannons was also a blast. I also recall my friend making a homemade mini-crossbow. This doesn't cover the other items we bought such as throwing stars and blow guns. :)

Ah, the joys of youth. My son will sadly miss out on many of these things.

You sound like a kindred spirit China :)

And yeah, I think our kids are really missing out - their memories will be of classic Xbox video games and epic laser tag battles... I think I prefer our version....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.