• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Redskins tickets an easy score

Pappas

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=1220

Redskins tickets an easy score

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

Twenty-five years ago, tickets to see the Washington Redskins were one of the most coveted possessions a fan could have. The waiting list took years to crack. Season tickets were handed down from one generation to another like the Old Testament blessing of a dying father. Businesses used them to woo clients they most wanted to impress. And for big divisional games, the only way you were getting tickets was if your first name was Senator or Congressman.

How times have changed.

These days, out of town fans are complaining that they are having trouble selling tickets to Redskins’ home games. The team as recently as last week was calling fans to renew their season tickets. And fans who have ever been on the season ticket waiting list and supplied an e-mail address, got an note Friday informing them that the 'turn-ins’ from the Rams have left good seats available for Sunday’s game.

An informal search on StubHub this morning saw that hundreds of tickets are available still. Many below face value. On Craigslist, it was even worse.

Click the link to read the entire article...

This is going to be the only thing that wakes the danny up.

Of course, he can always sell them to out of town fans

Well, I renewed this year expecting an upgrade and.......nothing.
I paid early (within a week of getting my invoice) and yet I'm hearing stories of people coming off the waiting list getting better seats.......

Also hearing stories about people who didn't renew before the deadline getting moved to better sections.

I'm even hearing about folks who gave up their tickets within the last few years and having the Skins beg them to come back.....and they're getting better seats.

I like my seats but I don't like being screwed around by the TO and barring something miraculous I'll probably be giving up my STs, go to a few games next year (I don't need to go to everyone) and invest in a HD TV and watch the Redzone channel.

I've gotten like 5 emails from the Redskins offering to upgrade me. Now, I don't know where you sit, but I've got the same nosebleed seats I was offered 6 years ago. I'm finding it hard enough to justify spending the $1000 for those, much less an upgrade.

I'll probably join you in your plan next year. I'm gonna finish my basementn this winter and put of big ol LCD down there. Much less hassle that way

Well, I renewed this year expecting an upgrade and.......nothing.
I paid early (within a week of getting my invoice) and yet I'm hearing stories of people coming off the waiting list getting better seats.......

Also hearing stories about people who didn't renew before the deadline getting moved to better sections.

I'm even hearing about folks who gave up their tickets within the last few years and having the Skins beg them to come back.....and they're getting better seats.

I like my seats but I don't like being screwed around by the TO and barring something miraculous I'll probably be giving up my STs, go to a few games next year (I don't need to go to everyone) and invest in a HD TV and watch the Redzone channel.

My brother is a 2nd year STH this year. He renewed and paid pretty much immediately and was not upgraded. When he called, he was told it was too late - his tickets had already been printed. Then he got a call FRIDAY, yes, like 2 days ago, offering him an upgrade :insane: He moved from the top row to row 14.

This is going to be the only thing that wakes the danny up.
You know Sarge, I hate to admit that it's come to this but I'm actually hoping we experience a blackout or two. That way, the team won't have the mythical waiting list to fall back on and Snyder will be forced to face the truth.

We've seen just how much of a business "Super Genius" Snyder is when he has a customer base he actually has to earn and keep. See Johnny Rockets and Six Flags. The sooner the fans hold this know-it-all that don't know nothin' (as my Grandmother would say) accountable, the sooner he hopefully learns his lesson and completely turns over the reins to his football people.

Sometimes things have to get really bad before they get better. I strongly suspect that's the position we find ourselves in these days.

Snyder is right now where Steinbrenner was with the Yankees in the 1980's.

Lots of high profile moves. Lots of buzz. Team with a winning tradition.

But year after year of disappointment and fizzling of the all-star talent.

What saved the Yankees was Steinbrenner's suspension from active management and the ability of Cashman to retain Torre and core Yankees players to win 4 championships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.