• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Stanford Pro Day Information

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
For those interested in the other possible QB available to the Skins at #2, Andrew Luck and the rest of the Stanford Cardinals eligible for the 2012 NFL draft will be on display today at 2pm Eastern on ESPNU and the NFL Network as well as streaming on WatchESPN.com.

The BGO chat room will be open for those interested in discussing the goings on.

Looking forward to this as well. Really hoping Luck looks good......just in case.

Luck would really have to **** the bed today to affect his stock at all, I would imagine.

Has anyone ever had a bad pro day before? (I honestly don't know the answer)

I wish there was a way to get David DeCastro - he is going to be a great one.

If Coby Fleener falls to us in the 3rd round, he would be difficult to pass up. There is a chance he falls that far.

For those interested, Luck is stretching out before doing QB drills. I'm guess those will start in the next 15 to 25 minutes. His drill schedule has been announced. It will consist of 48 passes and he will open up the performance going deep.

If Coby Fleener falls to us in the 3rd round, he would be difficult to pass up. There is a chance he falls that far.

Not much chance I don't think...he just posted a 4.45 40. :yikes:

Luck is getting serious about warming up now. Jogging and throwing. I don't think it will be long now.

Chat room is up and running.

The TEs are expected to fall this year - not as much talent in recent seasons. But all it takes is for one team to fall in love with a player.

Really want us to focus on OL anyway.

Gruden's QB Camp with Luck will air on ESPN at 7 Eastern on March 30th.

The TEs are expected to fall this year - not as much talent in recent seasons. But all it takes is for one team to fall in love with a player.

Really want us to focus on OL anyway.

You might be right, he tweaked his ankle in the cone drills. But 100% healthy, no way he escapes the first round with those kind of measurables.

If Fleener falls to the 2nd, I could see the Colts snapping him up to play with Luck so I don't think he falls beyond that.

Luck has wrapped it up in Palo Alto. Officially he was 47 of 51 throws with 2 drops and 1 legit imcomplete (over threw a receiver on an End Zone fade route).

His last ball of the day was a requested long ball by a scout. It went 70+ yards in the air, against the wind, and hit the WR in the hands at the goal line but the guy dropped it. Phil Simms, if you are reading this take note, Mr Luck doesn't have any issues with arm strength.

He did a couple of things different from Griffin that I really liked. The first was that he moved the line of scrimmage through out the work out throwing balls from both 40s, the 25, the 17 and the 7 (then the extra ball from the far 30 into the wind). The second thing he did was throw under simulated pressure where they had a coach chase him with a broom giving that coach a 7 to 8 foot reach.

All in all, I think he lived up to the billing.

No clue who attended from Ashburn other than Mike and The Danny. They were the only two guys shown on TV that I saw.

I thought that Luck did well for himself today but I wasn't blown away. (Well, except for the 70 yard strike into the wind. Wow.)

However, I find all the references to a "once in a generation talent" over the top.

Thanks for the chat and write-up.

Pretty sure he will go first and we get RG3. All is well with the world. :)

Serious question after watching the two pro-day throwing performances-

Given the same circumstances (scripted throws that were practiced, friendly receivers, no defenders, etc.) how would a run-of-the-mill NFL qb, say one Rex Grossman, look performing the same exhibition?

Crap...The Cowboys are working one on one with Fleener right now, checking his blocking skills. I would hate to see him in a Dallas uni alongside Witten.

Serious question after watching the two pro-day throwing performances-

Given the same circumstances (scripted throws that were practiced, friendly receivers, no defenders, etc.) how would a run-of-the-mill NFL qb, say one Rex Grossman, look performing the same exhibition?

I think any QB worth the name would look pretty good but I don't think many guys are going to be as accurate as the two I have watched in the last two days. They were both hitting guys in stride so receivers had to do very little in the way of adjusting to the ball.

Thanks for the chat and write-up.

Pretty sure he will go first and we get RG3. All is well with the world. :)

This would be ideal scenario, but wouldn't be upset if we wound up with Luck instead. Either way we have seriously upgraded the position.

Interesting fact from today. Neither Colts GM Grigson nor Head Coach Pagano where in attendance at Palo Alto. Reports are that both were ill (Grigson missed Griffin's pro day yesterday due to illness as well) but Colts fans seem to be taking this as a sign that Luck is so much The Man that there was no need for anyone to go out there.

Also according to Colts fans, Irsay has the last say on all 1st round picks with Indianapolis. This has been apparently confirmed in the past by both Dungy and Polian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.