• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official: Tebow to the Jets

CarolinaSkin43

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
just saw it is now official Tim Tebow is a N.Y.Jet....said he was given the choice between N.Y. and Jacksonville and he chose N.Y.....? i thought he was a floridian......

He probably wanted to go someplace where he'll get a shot at playing a decent number of snaps right away. LT is slowing down and Shonn Greene hasn't turned out to be very good so it's a good fit for both Tebow and the team.

The Jets are so dysfunctional, it will give him more of a chance to "spread the word". ;)

Actually, I agree with Yusuf on this. Sanchez, despite his contract extension, could be on a short leash and Tebow could inject some life into that boring offense.

IIRC, the Jets weren't too stellar in the Red Zone last year. Tebow was one of the better Red Zone QB's last year. Who do you want at QB when you have a 1st and goal inside the 10? THIS is where Tebow is so dangerous and where I see him getting the bulk of his snaps.

Are we gonna get to see some wildcattin' going on?

I hope so, it's always been such fun to watch-even after everybody figured it out. :betterwink:

Dysfunction, thy name is Jets:

Report: Drew Stanton wants out of New York with Tim Tebow backing up Mark Sanchez

Something already doesn’t fit in the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow-Drew Stanton quarterback triangle and Stanton says it’s him.

Signed less than a week ago by the New York Jets to back up Sanchez, Stanton would like to be traded or released after the team’s trade for Tebow on Wednesday night dropped him to the No. 3 spot. The New York Daily News reports that Stanton, a former backup in Detroit who signed a one-year, $1.25-million deal, would prefer to be released but would take a trade.

“When we signed Drew, obviously this was not contemplated in that decision,” Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum said Wednesday night.

Click on the link for the full article

Also,

Stanton is said to be unhappy because he was promised the No. 2 job and turned down more lucrative opportunities with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs to play for the Jets. He received a $500,000 signing bonus, but he could have a hard time finding a new team because the backup jobs are filling up.

Link

Who is Drew Stanton and why should anyone care whether he's a #2 or a #3 QB ? :)

He is/or was the Jets backup QB (for a week anyway). I assume Jets management and fans care, especially in case of injury. But that wasn't the point. The point was they made promises to a player to get him signed at a reduced price and a week later broke their promises resulting in said player requesting a trade. Not great business practice when trying to lure free agents in the future.

Stanton was expendable, because they also have Greg McElroy on the squad. I think he'll be third string, and Tebow/Sanchez will play QB by committee. Its going to fail miserably, and I can't wait. :)

My buddy Tony is a rabid Jets fan...I need to see what he thinks about all this :)

I have told him for years, Sanchez=Patrick Ramsey. Average quarterback who will never be a true franchise guy. With all of his flaws and limitations, I just can't help but think Tebow is going to end up under center at some point.

Given Tebow's personal values and Rex Ryan's rep, I think this is a bad fit, a strange move, and smacks of desperation. Ryan - you aren't Belichick - I just don't see this being a positive move.

Stanton was expendable, because they also have Greg McElroy on the squad. I think he'll be third string, and Tebow/Sanchez will play QB by committee. Its going to fail miserably, and I can't wait. :)

So, they could end up cutting loose of Stanton. Would he make a decent #3 here ?

Given Tebow's personal values and Rex Ryan's rep, I think this is a bad fit, a strange move, and smacks of desperation.

Yep, dealing with Ryan's horrendous lack of character will be a "test of Tebow's faith" :)

My buddy Tony is a rabid Jets fan...I need to see what he thinks about all this :)

Tony DiMarco ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.