• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Sean Payton suspended for a year

Chris

Ring of Fame
BGO Ownership Group
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Woah.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Sean Payton suspended one year. Mickey Loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gregg suspended indefinitely.

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk
Gregg Williams is suspended indefinitely, per league source.

Goodell is pro sport's Don Corleone.

...and Saints lose next two second round draft picks. Jesus.

Last edited:
Trying to absorb this and the Tebow trade. Good God. I guess the commish made his point?

Goodell is pro sport's Don Corleone.

Perhaps but I'm not sure this isn't warranted in this case. Guys like James Harrison sure can't bitch about the fines for illegal hits anymore.

I can't figure out how suspending a GM for games makes any sense though. How exactly does that hurt either Loomis or the Saints?

+ eight games for GM Mickey Loomis and 6 games for asst. head coach Joe Vitt.

Holy crap the Saints are screwed. Wow.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Uncle Roger's flexing his muscles a bit. Understandable, however, in light of the situation-good PR for the NFL as a viable "self-policing" organization.

Perhaps but I'm not sure this isn't warranted in this case. Guys like James Harrison sure can't bitch about the fines for illegal hits anymore.

I can't figure out how suspending a GM for games makes any sense though. How exactly does that hurt either Loomis or the Saints?

1. I understand your point, but, they'll still bitch anyway. :)

2. Andrew Brandt ‏ @adbrandt

"By his own admission, Mr. Loomis did not do enough to determine if a pay bounty program existed or to end any such program that did exist."

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms more punishment coming for #Saints roster: "We haven't even gotten to the players' penalties yet."

Thank God Gregg didn't become the HC here. That's a huge hit.

Jeff Darlington‏@JeffDarlingtonReply
On @NFLNetwork, Jay Glazer says he just spoke to Sean Payton. Glazer says Payton was "stunned." ...That'll knock the wind out of you. Phew.

Payton needed to come down a couple of pegs, IMHO. Maybe this will help him with that.

The NFL said in its statement that the suspensions for Payton, Loomis and Vitt are without pay.

That's 7 mil gone for Sean Payton.

Last edited:
Still haven't announced which players will be suspended and for how long - its gonna be worse.

I'm still shocked that the Patriots can literally CHEAT, which in my mind is worse than Pete Rose gambling on baseball, and only lose one first round draft pick in a year that they had TWO. Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

I was just thinking along those lines Lanky.

G Williams is now the Pete Rose of football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.