• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Donte Stallworth Signs With The Patriots

This may be unfair and oversimplified, but my feeling about Donte (and Gaffney for that matter) was that it had been so long since we had seen "professional" WR's on the roster we'd kinda forgotten what they looked like. Neither will ever be confused with the game's elite, but both understand the basics of learning the playbook, solid route running, timing and moving the chains.

Stallworth had some moments, but end of the day, on the broad NFL spectrum he's just another guy.

he came into the NFL with a lot of promise but made mistakes along the way that derailed his career. he can still run down the field but is a player that is limited in terms of route running and his knowledge of the game at age 31.

I see him doing well in NE, much better than 85. I was impressed by Stallworth from the first time I saw him at training camp ;ast year. Not spectacular, but very hardworking.

In NE he will do well with the many weapons they have because he gets open in single coverage, like he did most of last year.

Best of luck to him. Like Om said, he wasn't elite but he was a solid, dependable contributor for us. No regrets in that signing at all for me.

Well, NE is familiar with him and he with them as he played for them a few years back. So they both know what they're getting into and what to expect. I'm sure he was inexpensive as well.

Funny that NE had both Stallworth and Gaffney and let them go and now that they showed decently here last season want both back.

Donte's parting comments to the organization were very classy:

I REALLY enjoyed my time with the #Redskins. Some of the best fans in the league, hands down. Thank you for welcoming me to your team.

Looking forward to watching the #Redskins this yr. Thanks to the whole organization for everything. Made a lot of friends there in Ashburn.

Landry should take some notes.

A lot of players should take notes, Lanky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.