• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Peyton Manning is a Bronco

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
ESPN stopping the presses reporting they're finalizing a contract.

Let the analysis begin. :)

Let me be the big first to breath a sigh of relief that he didn't go to SF.

Guess he was satisfied finishing his career with only one Lombardi. If he was serious about adding to his collection, he would have gone to SF.

...and me be the first to hope Alex Smith bails out on SF and they're left scramblin'.

...and me be the first to hope Alex Smith bails out on SF and they're left scramblin'.

That would be priceless, but Smith isn't going to get a better offer from anyone else.

Alex Smith to Miami would be glorious.

And Tebow is probably headed to Jax now.

Wonder if March 19th will now forever be a holiday in CO?

If I were Smith I agree I wouldn't resign with SF unless it were a one year deal, to go to the SB and then sell myself somewhere else.

SF played this one sneaky and potentially let Smith dangle out there with most of the dollars for QBs already in play.

Watch for Tebow to Mia. Stephen Ross values celebrity over substance.

Alex Smith to Miami would be glorious.

And Tebow is probably headed to Jax now.

I think this will actually happen (both things). Miami NEEDS a win, even if they overpay to get it. They have been hammered in the press recently, and they can sell ASmith to their fans as a 14 win QB who can come in with Bush and some other weapons, etc.

The 9ers will end up with Garrard or Josh Johnson or something like that.

Have fun, Harbaugh.

They didn't let him dangle, BD. He has reportedly had a contract offer on the table since well before FA started. He was just looking for a longer contract then was offered so let it drag into the FA period.

Harbaugh and SF front office may have just upset the chemistry on this team. He established an 'all for one' mentality last year and the club responded.

Now with the failed move for Manning you have a quarterback in Smith that knows that even after a very good season in the books the 49ers have no real interest in him long-term at a competitive market price.

Even if he stays, how do you think that one plays? :)

I'm glad, I have seen enough of SF in the playoffs from the past under Montana and Young.

It's bad enough watching the Giants win the Super Bowl.

I'll be curious to see how it plays out for SF and whether Smith ends up in Miami.

I thought Matt Moore played decent last season. He wasn't ready for the HoF or anything but he was middle of the road. If you're Miami you certainly want more from the position but I'm not sure if Alex Smith is it.

I think he (Alex Smith) would be stupid to go anywhere. Granted, SF has "shown their hand" as it were but he is in the best position he can be in for now. MIA is a poor move, even if the money is better, because he will look worse no matter what. I think I would swallow my pride and sign the 3 year deal with the 49ers. He has a real shot to win a Super Bowl there.

Eh, ol Horse Face ends up with the horse team. :laugh2:

Tebow will end up in Jax. Smith to Miami would be great.

Veeery interesting ...

Looks like Denver found a way to get rid of Tebow without having to face the torches and pitchforks.

Who does SF have in case Smith departs?

how about John Beck? :laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.