• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

More Persecution for the Redskins

Another clueless mediot twit who hasn't payed a bit of attention to what's happening and the marked change in direction the last couple years.

I guess Calvin Johnson and Matthew Staff and Ndukemeout Suh, should have all avoided the Lions, considering they have NEVER EVEN APPEARED in a Super Bowl, and lost far more games than we have in recent years, in a more embarrassing way.

But no such article on them.

And look how the Lions are doing, now that they simply attempted to put together a complete team, which is exactly what we are trying to do.

She has no clue what's happening in the franchise, which is the opposite right now, of the many years prior to that she's been referencing. That we're building a team the right way.

So she likes the Garcon signing. But not the "Superman-RG3" move ? That makes no sense. How does she like Garcon, but not "Superman" coming to DC. Shouldn't Garcon run away from DC just like RG3 ???
What a bunch of drivel.
RG3 will run TO the Redskins, and not away from them, and do very well there, because he has tons more class and integrity than this writer.

Last edited:
Who the **** is Jen Floyd Engel?

Enough said.

How some of these folks get paid writing gigs is a real mystery.

Who the **** is Jen Floyd Engel?

This explains everything (most likely a Cowpuke fan) :

Jen Floyd Engel :

Jen Floyd Engel covered local sports for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram since 1997 and became a columnist in 2003. Sports opinions? She’s never short of them. And love her or hate her, she’ll be just another one of the boys. Follow her on Twitter or like her on Facebook.

I say we "follow" her on Twitter and FB, and share our "opinions" there.
Maybe we can find out WTF she meant by being "one of the boys". She sure aint one of us boys, but most likely one of Dallas' "boys"

Clueless in dallas......i would guess she is sore because theu still have Romo and will be getting RGIII

She's a huge Cowboy fan and that has to be one of the dimmest views of this team I've read in a long long time. My buddies who are Cowboy fans sure don't agree with her. You have to have your head a mile up your own ass to not know it's not the Snyder and Vinny Keystone Cop show anymore and that competent reputable people wth quality resumes are running the show now. To imply anything different and that it's "same ole same ole Redskins" is outing yourself as a card carrying moron of epic proportions...at least if you "claim" to be a writer an ANY NFL beat.

I am with Om and don't expect to get free passes or the media to start liking us again until we have several years of competent management under our belts. But this kind of stuff is the type of bush league stuff laced with lies, half truths and revisionist history you see in political campaigns and anyone with any gray matter and a pulse can see through it.

Thats not a column. Thats a prayer.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

so much hatred out there in the football world ...against the skins organization....did not used to be that way when JKC was the owner.....

Maybe...but you also have to understand that JKC never had to contend with a 24 hour a day news cycle and media that would do anything to get a headline, or create one if necessary. It used to be, local media actually tried to promote positive stories about their areas sports franchises. Those days are gone forever.

That's not to say Dan Snyder hasn't earned every bit of negative attention he's gotten, but a harsh media environment has also played a major role in him being demonized.

Maybe...but you also have to understand that JKC never had to contend with a 24 hour a day news cycle and media that would do anything to get a headline, or create one if necessary. It used to be, local media actually tried to promote positive stories about their areas sports franchises. Those days are gone forever.

That's not to say Dan Snyder hasn't earned every bit of negative attention he's gotten, but a harsh media environment has also played a major role in him being demonized.

I encounter this a lot when I'm digging around for Redskins Recon stuff. I refer to it as the "Dan Snyder" syndrome-it's common among both fans of other teams and their respective sports media outlets as well. Snyder is still viewed as the "puppet-master" pulling Bruce and Mike's strings in spite of things like last season's uncharacteristic approach to the draft. He was instrumental over his ownership in creating an image that, I think, is going to be a hard one to dispel unless the type of moves the Redskins FO makes are consistently different over a period of several seasons.

I also think you're right in the fact that the way current real-time 24/7 media coverage operates has made it easier for this perception to get as widespread and entrenched as it has.

It is going to be tough to change people's opinions regardless, serv. Example, people, including some Skins fans (paging Ryman, please pick up the white courtesy phone), think we over paid for a "name" when we signed Garçon. Never mind the fact that he is 4 or 5 years younger then the guys he is being lumped in with. Never mind that he is coming into his NFL prime rather than right at the top edge of it. His signing is viewed as just more of the same ole, same ole by those who believe Snyder is in charge here at the White House.

People see what they want to see, regardless of facts, and they want to see Snyder as an owner playing fantasy football with real money.

i think you are right Boone ...... after all i really don't think this guy (Snyder) had a lot of friends before he became the Redskins owner...and after the way he's tried to buy up different Big Names...back fired on him (probably didn't help his status)...maybe just maybe there is a light shinning at the end of this tunnel.....we are turning it around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.