• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL.com Video: State of the Redskins

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
What the hell, we haven't signed anyone yet today...here's a quick bit of entertainment.

State of the Redskins

- Billick going mountain man...weird. Does a good job right until the last line. Hopefully he's said it tongue-in-cheek, but you can't SEE his cheek so who the **** knows.

- Baldinger wants to like us, but has to hedge his bets because, well, we're the Redskins.

- It's all about the RGIII Factor. Without that, we're still an afterthought.

But with RGIII we will be extremely relevent. I expect a good number of prime time games if he's anywhere close to exciting. Assuming he plays quickly.

Anybody else wondering if the NFL is eyeing a NY - Washington opener to start the year?

The Skins with a bright and shinny, new, much hyped QB picked up as the result of the biggest trade in the history of the draft vs last year's Super Bowl Champ who just happened to drop both games to those same Skins last season? Sounds like Must See TV to me.

Anybody else wondering if the NFL is eyeing a NY - Washington opener to start the year?

The Skins with a bright and shinny, new, much hyped QB picked up as the result of the biggest trade in the history of the draft vs last year's Super Bowl Champ who just happened to drop both games to those same Skins last season? Sounds like Must See TV to me.

Seems like it's yearly ritual for us to open against NY almost every year, anyway :laugh:

Last edited:
I think Baldinger is saying we are on the right track, but we won't be ready to compete for the division this year. I think that's fair.

I disagree. I think a rookie RG3 is better than an experienced Wrecks Grossman.
Look at all the recent rookies who have done well, even low round picks like TJ Yates, who even won a playoff game in his rookie. And this guy is supposed to be one of the most talented QB's in the last few decades. Why is it a stretch to think that we couldn't actually win a few more games this year, and maybe even hunt for the wild card. Not to mention we upgraded at other key positions.

While I won't be surprised if the team contends for the division title this season, I am not expecting it. Let's face it, Griffin certainly appears exceptional (as does Luck) but Newton had a record setting year last year. I will be thrilled with seeing evidence that Griffin can grow into being the franchise QB we all hope he will become.

I think Baldinger is saying we are on the right track, but we won't be ready to compete for the division this year. I think that's fair.

Agreed - that's a fair assessment.

I could also see us being the surprise team of the 2012 season. Damn - tell me you're not excited just to be in the conversation of improving and relevant teams :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.