• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Marine Corps photo of the Month Winner

Sarge

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marine_corps/sets/72157629145105856/

6674102909_4cbe990be2.jpg

You voted, and this week's Top Corps Shot comes from Cpl. Reece Lodder. Lodder shot this photo following a squad patrol to clear houses of insurgent activity as part of Operation Tageer Shamal in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. After five hours, the squad stopped to rest in an abandoned compound. All of the Marines and Afghan soldiers were exhausted, as were the IED detection dogs, so this trio decided to catch a quick nap. Even though he was tired, Lodder grabbed his camera and captured the moment. “I liked that the Redskins blanket was in the photo because it was an unusual slice of reality back home in the midst of a long operation and a drab desert. I think our fans like this photo because it’s an unusual, interesting image that visually, physically and emotionally gets to the core of what the Marines and the dog were feeling at this moment in time. It helps them feel, even if only in a small way, what we felt.”

May just be a stray. We adopted plenty of them out in the field.

May just be a stray. We adopted plenty of them out in the field.

And I bet they were loyal. Did they ever create a good 1st defense for you, you know...watch dogs? Or were they just scroungy little mutts who were good companions?

We just had a lot of them over the years that would show up in the field and follow us around for days/weeks at a time. Can't remember ever 'putting one to work' :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.