• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BREAKING NEWS: Redskins to lose $36 Million in Cap Space

The Giants our most hated rival? On the field never! Always will be Dallas.

But if you are inferring that there is a pissing match between Mara and Snyder/Allen over this... That's old news buddy.

I gave ya'll a hint two days ago and I will ask it again...

Are the Giants (and Mara) our most hated rival now?

And I will answer this like a number of Cowboy fans answered a similar question about the Skins while in the middle of that horrible 14 out of 15 game win streak they had going in the early 90s...

Is it really possible to be rivals with a team that has lately been your biatch?

Just sayin'. :beatnik:

Ok, not looking for a football answer - looking for a legal one.

But now you know who one of the targets will be in this battle.

Especially a DoJ that is pro union. I am not trying to turn this into a political asylum issue, just stating a fact. I really think there will be an independent investigator involved in this and it looks like Florio is putting his hat in.

I didn't expect any further investment in this issue to be initiated by either the Skins or the Cowboys, but they may be feeding off the support they seem to be getting in the unlikeliest of places throughout the media.

It looks like someone will be made to answer, be it the Skins and Cowboys or the NFL. This issue does not appear to be going away.

Yeah - doesn't seem like the brightest idea to mess with DC's football team. Besides the DoJ, all you need is an intersection between an avid Skins fan and a aspiring lawyer / politician looking to make a name for himself - won't find too many of those in DC...

Ok, not looking for a football answer - looking for a legal one.

But now you know who one of the targets will be in this battle.

I'm thinking Smith and the Players Union, since they had to sign off on this.

In response to your earlier question, the Giants will never be loathed as much as Cowboys or Eagles. I have lost a lot of respect for Mara.

Tight lipped seems to be Modus Operandi. Take that for what it is worth - frustrating though.

In addition to the Rams and others - the Cowboys and Redskins would be suing themselves as well.

The term "nuclear" is very interesting though. The implications are enormous.

I'm hoping the lawsuit goes thru and the Redskins and pokes after the legal victory has a choice of straightcash-homie or an enhanced salary cap.

This might have been the thing Jones has been looking for to break up the revenue sharing contract. Not sure how I feel about that. No telling what the league would look after a thing like that.

Florio continues to be in pit bull lawyer mode...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/cowboys-redskins-exploring-all-options/

No other updates from here. This is just a hunch, but I'm thinking the lack of info (including the source I have) means that a lot is going on behind closed doors. Even Florio was vague in any details. Wish I had more for you, but if anything is passed along to me, it will be posted.
I don't think Florio is going to let it go or die down. That nearly happened with the Vick fiasco. Florio continued a relentless pursuit of the Vick story and wouldn't let it go. If it is something in the legal arena, Florio is there. This could be our best hope for a reasonable solution.
So...

Just a thought...

This week, the league was going to announce penalties involving the Saints and Gregg.

Hmmmm...

I wonder what is holding up the process.

smil6.gif

Just saying, but...

This source is now tight lipped. I think we know why that is the case, but any info I get now will be football related only - not legal. The language this morning ("nuclear") really suprised me though.

Redskins just signed Grossman up for another year. That'll be a popular move :)
I think that's a great move, provided he didn't cost much (and I can't imagine he did).

While he isn't what I want in a "franchise QB", he is more than adequate as a backup. He already knows our system and I would imagine he could do ok coming off the bench in a pinch.

This might have been the thing Jones has been looking for to break up the revenue sharing contract. Not sure how I feel about that. No telling what the league would look after a thing like that.
I know how I feel about it - **** revenue sharing. I understand the point of it, but those small market owners that are too tight to spend the money need to GTFO of the league if they can't hang with the big boys.

There's more than one owner in the laegue just to make a buck, that doesn't give a damn if their team ever wins, as long as they get a free ride. I thing for those jokers, the reigns need to be cut loose. The league should force a sale or contraction of at least 4 teams currently in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.