A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Three firsts and a second

Just bored so I thought I'd take a look at something. This is what (I think) the Redskins have netted with their last three #1s and #2. I make no judgements, and have gone on record as saying I understand why we made the trade that we did. I'm just presenting for discussion:

Brian Orakpo

Trent Williams

Ryan Kerrigan
    Jarvis Jenkins
    Leanard Hankerson
    Roy Helu
    Dejon Gomes
    Aldrick Robinson
    Maurice Hurt
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Devin Thomas
    Malcolm Kelly
    Taylor Jacobs
    Patrick Ramsey
    Ladell Betts
    Rod Gardner
    Fred Smoot

Its all a crapshoot...
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Devin Thomas
    Malcolm Kelly
    Taylor Jacobs
    Patrick Ramsey
    Ladell Betts
    Rod Gardner
    Fred Smoot

Its all a crapshoot...
    As has been mentioned many many times since we made the trade, Vinnie's no longer here.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    College at Brockport

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    As has been mentioned many many times since we made the trade, Vinnie's no longer here.
    Which is also the direct argument to your OP. Vinny is no longer here. We're getting more bang for our buck with our other draft picks. Losing three of them isn't such a big deal if we can find guys who fit us schematically and have positive character. And we have those guys because, well, Vinny isn't here.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Okay.

Marcus Nash
    Eric Brown
    Willie Middlebrooks
    Paul Toviessi
    Ashley Lelie
    George Foster
    Terry Pierce
    Tatum Bell
    Darius Watts
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

When I see these two posts and the selections, it is night and day. Yes, Vinnius Cerratus chose Orakpo - got to to give him credit for that one. But those three 2nd rounders made me so mad that day. The only receiver I wanted was Jordy Nelson. Bah. Glad that he is taking up crawl space outside of Baltimore.

Just seeing those selections by Coach Shanahan and GM Allen should give us a lot joy and excitement for the drafts in 2012, 2013, and 2014. They still have a lot of picks and some gems will be found and a lot of depth will be added. We (most likely) have our franchise QB as well.

Life is good.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    Which is also the direct argument to your OP. Vinny is no longer here. We're getting more bang for our buck with our other draft picks. Losing three of them isn't such a big deal if we can find guys who fit us schematically and have positive character. And we have those guys because, well, Vinny isn't here.
    The absence of Ole Bugeyes is in itself a huge improvement, but we didn't just delete him, we replaced him with pros that complement each other and are working towards a common goal in a coherent plan. I understand that some still can't allow themselves to hope, the last decade has taken a frightful toll on many Skins fans, but the reality is just there to be seen, things ARE different. You can't just keep chanting that snakebit mantra and not admit that you are choosing to do it in spite of all evidence to the contrary.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well...Henry was also arguiing that those picks were wickered into multiple picks that produced value - the real opportunity cost.

but I agree.....the fly in the argument ointment is that the same people who are now making good decisions that netted these players....made the decision to go after Griffin. presumably....the run on adding positive increments of capability at the margin continues.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well, as I said my post isn't really an argument for anything specifically. Just an observation. I happen to agree with you about our ability to find solid players in the later rounds. I think there are pros and cons to the trade, and you just pointed out a big pro.
    0 0 0 0

User Tag List