• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins Sound Ready To Break The Bank For Vincent Jackson

Cruz is a one year Phenom so far

And its nit really fair to compare him to the others who are top notch proven vets. Outside of Welker those guts are the elite of elite.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Cruz was excellent in preseason before the 2010 season - he just got injured and missed the year. He is a one-year wonder, but has been showing signs since he was signed.

Jackson is 29 and has been protected in the lineup with Gates and Floyd drawing constant attention.

What he has not shown to this point in his career is whether he can carry the load as the #1 receiver.

Guys like Steve Smith, Welker and Fitzgerald have proven they can.

Without that #2 pick, however, the Redskins are going to need to fill some holes in free agency.

Given RGIII's arm strength and accuracy one wonders whether secon tier guys like Eddie Royal and Manningham could be part of the answer.

You could probably sign BOTH of them for what Jackson or Colston is going to cost.

McDaniels didn't know how to use any of the talent he inherited from Shanahan.

Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall, Royal.

He had some good offensive players but chose to break the unit up and rebuild with Tebow and Moreno????

No wonder he is no longer an NFL head coach.

Royal had a super rookie season and then disappeared when McDaniels cam aboard.

I think Eddie Royal is as good as a done deal.

Why are people excited about Eddie Royal?

For his return skills? Because it sure can't be for his receiving skills.

If he's being in to replace Banks.....that works.

If he's being brought in to be a receiver....he isn't better than anything we already have.

Why are people excited about Eddie Royal?

For his return skills? Because it sure can't be for his receiving skills.

If he's being in to replace Banks.....that works.

If he's being brought in to be a receiver....he isn't better than anything we already have.

You must have forgotten about his 91 catch season with the Broncos, in the Shanahan offense. His numbers dropped off after McDaniels came in and tried to put a square peg in a round hole.

I don't think anyone is expecting 1500 yards and 15 TDs, but 1000 yards and 7-8 TDs is not out of the question.

EDIT: He should also come relatively cheap.

One year doesn't make a guy trouble-free.
Didn't Haynesworth go a few years without any issues, after the Gurode incident ?

It probably doesn't matter. With this news, we probably couldn't afford him.

The team is likely to split the cap hit between seasons so with Atogwe's release and an even split the Redskins could have $20M to spend.

How about Cooley and/or Meangelo?

Does anyone have their 2012 numbers handy?

How about Cooley and/or Meangelo?

Does anyone have their 2012 numbers handy?

I wouldn't be so quick to release Cooley. Do you really have that much faith in Davis. Also, I think Cooley will come back in prime condition, and ready to tare it up. The abbreviated off season, and lack of team involvement with his rehab screwed him last season.

Cooley has not been able to play 16 games over the past what 3 years? He's now 30 plus years old and was never the biggest or fastest TE around.

I think he is past his physical prime and the current crop of athletic, speedy TEs make Chris somewhat of an anachronism.

Jackson is not in the class of a Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald.

The Redskins may pay him at that level but don't expect him to live up to the contract.

Why can't Washington ever seem to develop these players on our own?

As with qb we have waited YEARS to address WR as if no one qualified has been available the past 3 years.

Everyone could see that Malcolm Kelly couldn't walk and Devin Thomas couldn't run routes and catch the ball.

I still don't understand why everything has come down to Jackson or bust.

I hope the Bears sign him at 12:01.

I hope the Bears sign him at 12:01.
Bears traded for Brandon Marshal so it going to be the Bucs, The Dolphins or the Redskins, IMHO.

Imagine VJacks, a healthy Hankerson and Moss in the slot. With Sleepy Davis and Cooley at TE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.