• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Looking at our current receivers. Who stays, who goes ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Obviously we have to, and will, go out and get someone for Griffin/Luck (Gruck) to throw to. It's already been discussed many times WHO that will be.
The question I present here, is who will be on their way out, on the Skins receiving corps, as a result ? Who's on the bubble ?
You could almost make a case for every receiver on our roster, to stay OR go.

So, who do you think the Skins will part ways with, in expense for the new receiver(s) ? More than one, of course.

Austin
Armstrong
Anderson
Banks
Gaffney
Hankerson
Moss
Paul
Robinson
Stallworth

I think our starters this next year will be Hankerson and some guy not yet signed with Moss playing mostly out of the slot but everyone getting some rest while the Skins run some 2 TE sets with Cooley and Sleepy.

Figure Gaffney and Paul will see the field too as 4th and 5th guys.

Those who stay...
Jabar Gaffney
Leonard Hankerson
Niles Paul
Donte Stallworth

Those who are signed...
Vincent Jackson
Pierre Garcon

Those who are drafted...
Ryan Broyles

Those who are placed on the practice squad...
Terrence Austin
Aldrick Robinson

Remaining on special teams...
Brandon Banks

Those who are traded or cut...
Anthony Armstrong
David Anderson
Santana Moss

Wow BB. I believe Moss is staying, and I don't believe we will get both Jackson and Garçon. Probably only one of the two.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie Royal replace Banks.

Wow BB. I believe Moss is staying, and I don't believe we will get both Jackson and Garçon. Probably only one of the two.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie Royal replace Banks.

Moss may stay, but the coaches are still livid about the New England game and that horrible penalty. We'll see what happens.

These guys should stay.......

Armstrong
Gaffney
Hankerson
Paul

I hear a lot of anti-Armstrong people online, and I was once one of them. But I also watch the games, and he is a whole lot better than he was at the start. His hands aren't as bad as they were, and he seems to be one of our guys that actually has the foresight to know when to cut and make a move to get open. He had a slow year, but we had a slow offense. And he has big play potential, which he has proven on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
Our WRs next year (my prediction):
Moss - edit, likely cut
Hankerson
Royal
Gaffney
Armstrong
Anderson
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
But do we have someone who is really tall ? ;)
but speed kills ...his team mates at baylor weren't that tall ..i mean they keep running while he's in the pocket running around:welcome:

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I don't see anyone on that list that is a 'must have' IMO.

Yes, Hankerson and Paul are going to get more time to develop but neither figures to be a starting WR come the opener. If they were the talk about Jackson coming here wouldn't be at such a level of chatter.

The veterans are average players. Moss at 32, Gaffney at 31. Stallworth at 31.

Not good, not bad - guys you can slide by with for awhile.

But then again I thought we did that last year :)

Terrence Austin and Armstrong to me are special teamers. I don't think either one will carve out an NFL career as a regular receiver.

In Armstrong's case he will be 29 years old. By that age Art Monk already had 400 catches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.