• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

we don't need a saviour yet

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
i dont want to Sign Manning, never did, a 36 year old coming off of neck surgery with nerve damage in his throwing arm? yeah hes one of the best who ever played and even in that condition is probbaly far better than what we have had, BUT he isn't THE guy who is leading us back to the Superbowl.

I don't want RG3, he has huge upside but the potential for bust is also huge, imho we arent in the position where we have a solid all around team and are one guy away from being contenders, some people may disagree with me but we have too many holes to be a serious contender, if we risk a high first rounder and he busts, it sets us back more than if its not a guy we are depending on to be THE guy.

we have been building a team but this is really the second year of the rebuild, I think its funny that so many people are saying we NEED to draft any one player especially a QB. what we NEED to do is put a very good to solid Oline and receiving core in place and then even if we get only a decent QB its not a tragedy, the mistake would trying to draft a saviour right now, when what we need are guys who work hard and help turn this ship around.

If we don't get a "savoir" now by the time the rest of the team is ready to compete for a championship the "savoir" won't have the experience.

Besides, if we had a real QB this year, we would have gone deep into the playoffs and maybe to the Super Bowl.

Bill Polian(ex Colts GM) said earlier this week that Luck and RG3 are the 2 best QBs that he had seen since Peyton Manning. Other scouts think the same.

4 other teams tried to make this trade.

But of course, that doesn't tell you anything, right??

I'm tired of 1-2 year stop gaps at QB. Bout time we took a swing at the fence with RG3.

Ryman, can you get any more negative? Seriously dude.

well we have no choice now, we wont have a shot at an elite playmaker for 2 more years unless its through free agency or lucking out in the draft. Hopefully the sieve of an Oline we have can actually keep this kid on his feet.

OMG. First off, we had a middle of the road OLine last year. Second, a great QB makes an average line look much, MUCH better. Same with the receivers. Same with the tight ends. Same with the running backs.

Besides which, we have drafted really well, lately. Perry Riley is looking pretty damned good, and a possible starter. Hank and Jenkins look like they have a lot of potential. Let's wait to see what happens in free agency and the draft to see what the whole team looks like before we crucify Shanahan.

What if this kid is the real deal, and we field a playoff team in 2012? Are we still gonna be crying over this then?

What if this kid is the real deal, and we field a playoff team in 2012? Are we still gonna be crying over this then?

And what if he tears his ACL and MCL in the first practice at training camp next season? Just call me Nancy! Because I cannot get past our curse! :D

Injuries happen, dude. That would be crushingly disappointing, don't get me wrong. But unless he ends up with a Matthew Stafford string of injuries, I don't think injuries qualify him as a bust, imo.

NOOOOOOOOO...

We pull this thread back up and hound Ryman and El to eternity!!! bwahahahaha....

;)

NOOOOOOOOO...

We pull this thread back up and hound Ryman and El to eternity!!! bwahahahaha....

;)

That's a hounding I will be very glad to receive! And I will say it now! If RG3 comes to DC and can survive in the NFL for 5 years, I will change my screen name to Ms. Elephant for a full season!

:afro:

And what if he tears his ACL and MCL in the first practice at training camp next season? Just call me Nancy! Because I cannot get past our curse! :D

Jeez - can we stop with the bad karma. Don't even talk about that kind of thing!

Some people are just happier when they are unhappy.

Why would we waste time and resources on a 'vet backup'? They are only 'veteran' with the system they know - and would be as hamstrung in a new offense with new players as a rookie would be (my opinion). Why not get our franchise rookie some immediate experience? And I know folks dont want to hear it, but if we want to start with an experienced vet, Grossman is that guy. And we don't have to spend money, picks, or anything else on him. Orton made sense 2 years ago. Now, he'd just be a waste of time.

Leave it to Fear to put things into perspective! :laugh:

Actually Boone, when factoring such a cost for RG3 the first thing I thought about was what if he goes down? I know I sound so negative about this announcement, I just can't get excited. I have major concerns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.