• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

First Image from the Lone Ranger movie released

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

Well, this looks interesting. Johnny Depp & Gore Verbinski team up again, and Depp's take on Tonto looks...interesting:

the-lone-ranger-johnny-depp-armie-hammer-600x421.jpg

http://collider.com/the-lone-ranger-image/150860/

Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels weep.

No thanks. I grew up watching the original and while some movies can do justice to earlier TV shows, this one is going to fail - you can already tell.

Looks like Captain Jack Sparrow as Tonto.

I look forward to seeing this. Of course, I'm a Johnny Depp fan, a true master of his craft. Its always interesting to see the personal spin he puts on his characters. They range from pure genius (Hunter S. Thompson, Jack Sparrow) to very mediocre (Willy Wonka) but they are usually at least somewhat entertaining.

I can take Depp or leave him. He has been great in certain movies, i.e. Blow, Public Enemies...

His problem is he is so damn talented he is willing to take the fantasy roles that many, including myself, find obnoxious, i.e. Jack Sparrow.

There is no question he is one of the best at his craft as Lanky says, but that doesn't mean he should take some of those roles. You CANNOT remake Willy Wonka! He is no Gene Wilder!

As far a the Lone Ranger, meh! Never was a big fan growing up. I just missed it.

I think Depp will be great...he'll immerse himself completely in the role, become this new iteration of Tonto...and not care one whit what you and me think about his interpretation. :)

Haven't read much about the movie, so I'll go in with an open mind. The one immediate thought I had when I first saw the pic?

Dude playing the LR is too young and pretty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.