• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bumped by the Browns for #2 pick?

CarolinaSkin43

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
so When the draft gets here and everyone is watching ...Indy takes Luck...and then Cleveland gets the #2 pick ..do we draft Lineman...trade the Pick and try and get more ..or the real annswer i'm looking for is do we take Tannanhill ? (not even sure i spelled it right but you know the kid from texas A&M) what im really wondering is .. is this really the better choice for us than the shiney Benz...because surely he would be there at #6...and we would still be able to get younger as a team ....fill out some holes and maybe pick up a Vincent Jackson or D.Bowe for him to throw to....maybe both, Moss in the slot or #3reciever... because i have been pondering this as the scenrio that maybe is more realistic.....that shiney Benz with all the bells and whistles...(RGIII).

Last edited:
I still believe that Shanahan was either trying to get Locker at #10 last year, Ponder at #16 or hoped Andy Dalton would fall in the 2nd. That's why I think if we don't get RG3 and haven't done anything in FA, we may reach for Tannehill at #6. I will bet Seattle wants to go after him with their pick, maybe even Miami if neither of those teams can do anything before then.

my thinking is... we take Tannehill at #6... Browns have #4 and #22 to offer for that coveted #2 pick it seems to me the media is blowing it out of the water with all the RGIII hype...i think we have to have another QB but me personally i don't wont P. Manning...i honestly believe i would as soon have K.Orton as Manning...don't know why but just would maybe that's just dumb...really would rather have a young QB...Drafted.

My thinking is that Coach Shanahan and GM Allen have some crafty moves upcoming and it will stun everyone - and we will love it.

I'm not worried about it at all. If Vinnius and Dannulus were still running things on the football side, we would turn FA and the draft into another massive debacle.

Keep that in mind and be of good cheer. :)

if that happens ...welcome to another losing season and hartbreak !

if that happens ...welcome to another losing season and hartbreak !

Look on the bright side, if we get RGIII we are almost guarenteed a losing season. How many rookie qbs ever captain a winning season their first year? On the other hand, with RGIII onboard we might not have as many broken deer.

(sorry, couldn't resist the spelling pun)

If you think losing the #2 spot/RG3 sweepstakes and taking Tannehill with the #6 spot will be doom and gloom think again. The #2 pick will be "purchased" before the draft, probably before FA starts according to many of the articles I have read lately. If we lose, then we can go into FA with no uncertainty:

1. First, we get a veteran QB upgrade over Rex to compete/complement our going-to-be-drafted rookie QB; either as the initial starter or as the #2 QB. Second, we go out in FA and get a playmaker WR. Then, we pick up either a young starter for the LG or RT spots. Whichever one we can't get in FA we will get in the draft. With $40 - $48 million BELOW the cap, we have the money to do it. If we are lucky enough to get all 3 (WR, LG, and RT) we will be way better on offense next year.

2. We will draft Tannehill with the #6 spot and use the next 4 picks (1 2nd, 1 3rd, and 2 4ths) to get another 1-3 immediate starters and more talent/depth with our 5th thru 7th rounders. 5 solid picks in the first 4 rounds, one being a talented QB, is how we will take this team to the next level.

I'll take a rookie Tannehill making rookie mistakes over Rex Grossman making the same old boneheaded mistakes he makes any day.

Let Beck and Compton fight it out for the #3 QB spot.

Look on the bright side, if we get RGIII we are almost guarenteed a losing season. How many rookie qbs ever captain a winning season their first year? On the other hand, with RGIII onboard we might not have as many broken deer.

I think you're way off here burgold. Had we had even a DECENT QB under center last year, we were easily a .500 team. We've got a top 10 defense (maybe better) that will really start to come into it's own this season (especially if we can shore up at defensive back) and a great stable of running backs.

We get RGIII, I'll bet money we're a wildcard team in year one.

What Boone said!

I think you're way off here burgold. Had we had even a DECENT QB under center last year, we were easily a .500 team. We've got a top 10 defense (maybe better) that will really start to come into it's own this season (especially if we can shore up at defensive back) and a great stable of running backs.

This is what I'm thinking IF Shanny Jr. can figure out that he's probably going to need to slim the playbook down at the start and open it up as RGIII progresses.

This is what I'm thinking IF Shanny Jr. can figure out that he's probably going to need to slim the playbook down at the start and open it up as RGIII progresses.

Or just let him hold the clip board behind Peyton for 2 seasons. :sunny:

If you think losing the #2 spot/RG3 sweepstakes and taking Tannehill with the #6 spot will be doom and gloom think again. The #2 pick will be "purchased" before the draft, probably before FA starts according to many of the articles I have read lately. If we lose, then we can go into FA with no uncertainty:

1. First, we get a veteran QB upgrade over Rex to compete/complement our going-to-be-drafted rookie QB; either as the initial starter or as the #2 QB. Second, we go out in FA and get a playmaker WR. Then, we pick up either a young starter for the LG or RT spots. Whichever one we can't get in FA we will get in the draft. With $40 - $48 million BELOW the cap, we have the money to do it. If we are lucky enough to get all 3 (WR, LG, and RT) we will be way better on offense next year.

2. We will draft Tannehill with the #6 spot and use the next 4 picks (1 2nd, 1 3rd, and 2 4ths) to get another 1-3 immediate starters and more talent/depth with our 5th thru 7th rounders. 5 solid picks in the first 4 rounds, one being a talented QB, is how we will take this team to the next level.

I'll take a rookie Tannehill making rookie mistakes over Rex Grossman making the same old boneheaded mistakes he makes any day.

Let Beck and Compton fight it out for the #3 QB spot.

I agree, especially the sentence in bold.

... Had we had even a DECENT QB under center last year, we were easily a .500 team. We've got a top 10 defense (maybe better) that will really start to come into it's own this season (especially if we can shore up at defensive back) and a great stable of running backs.

I mostly agree with your asessment here, Boone, RG (not III) cost us some games we could have pulled out. RGIII and the wildcard scenario I consider as plausible but not necessarily bet-worthy. 2013? I'd bet on at least a wildcard spot with RGIII then.

Or just let him hold the clip board behind Peyton for 2 seasons. :sunny:

You make my day with your indomitable spirit, El! :laugh:

decisions...decisions.

- don't want to have to watch Rex play again....ever...unless he is under center for the Iggles, Boys or Gints... :) ....

- believe Tannehill is a long shot at best who will take 3 years to develop. not really interested.....especially not with the 6th pick.

gonna just sit back and see what happens. will go nuts otherwise!

I have my doubts about a guaranteed losing considering how well Dalton and Newton played.

Are you suggesting that the Shannys are so rigid that they can't coach to Robert Griffin's strengths while using our 3 pronged running attack?

Most fans will be understanding if we do all we can to get Robert Griffin and do not make the playoffs.

However if we reach for Tannehill at 6 or grab Orton and still suck, you might as well send the Shannys packages of Land O'lakes cause they'll be Toast when fan apathy reaches a boiling point.

Can apathy boil?

Come on folks. Orton or another qb not named Grossman would have posted more victories.

This league is as much about not turning the ball over as making big plays.

A qb with more respect for ball security is a priority whether it is Manning or someone else.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Come on folks. Orton or another qb not named Grossman would have posted more victories.

This league is as much about not turning the ball over as making big plays.

A qb with more respect for ball security is a priority whether it is Manning or someone else.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

MORE respect? How about ANY respect?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.