Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Army

Helmet Bumped by the Browns for #2 pick?

so When the draft gets here and everyone is watching ...Indy takes Luck...and then Cleveland gets the #2 pick ..do we draft Lineman...trade the Pick and try and get more ..or the real annswer i'm looking for is do we take Tannanhill ? (not even sure i spelled it right but you know the kid from texas A&M) what im really wondering is .. is this really the better choice for us than the shiney Benz...because surely he would be there at #6...and we would still be able to get younger as a team ....fill out some holes and maybe pick up a Vincent Jackson or D.Bowe for him to throw to....maybe both, Moss in the slot or #3reciever... because i have been pondering this as the scenrio that maybe is more realistic.....that shiney Benz with all the bells and whistles...(RGIII).
    Last edited by CarolinaSkin43; 03-01-12 at 06:36 PM. Reason: correction..left something out
    0 0 0 0

"Winning is a habit" - VINCE LOMBARDI

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

I still believe that Shanahan was either trying to get Locker at #10 last year, Ponder at #16 or hoped Andy Dalton would fall in the 2nd. That's why I think if we don't get RG3 and haven't done anything in FA, we may reach for Tannehill at #6. I will bet Seattle wants to go after him with their pick, maybe even Miami if neither of those teams can do anything before then.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Army

my thinking is... we take Tannehill at #6... Browns have #4 and #22 to offer for that coveted #2 pick it seems to me the media is blowing it out of the water with all the RGIII hype...i think we have to have another QB but me personally i don't wont P. Manning...i honestly believe i would as soon have K.Orton as Manning...don't know why but just would maybe that's just dumb...really would rather have a young QB...Drafted.
    0 0 0 0

"Winning is a habit" - VINCE LOMBARDI

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

My thinking is that Coach Shanahan and GM Allen have some crafty moves upcoming and it will stun everyone - and we will love it.

I'm not worried about it at all. If Vinnius and Dannulus were still running things on the football side, we would turn FA and the draft into another massive debacle.

Keep that in mind and be of good cheer.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if that happens ...welcome to another losing season and hartbreak !
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redskins76 View Post
    if that happens ...welcome to another losing season and hartbreak !
    Look on the bright side, if we get RGIII we are almost guarenteed a losing season. How many rookie qbs ever captain a winning season their first year? On the other hand, with RGIII onboard we might not have as many broken deer.

(sorry, couldn't resist the spelling pun)
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Coast Guard

If you think losing the #2 spot/RG3 sweepstakes and taking Tannehill with the #6 spot will be doom and gloom think again. The #2 pick will be "purchased" before the draft, probably before FA starts according to many of the articles I have read lately. If we lose, then we can go into FA with no uncertainty:

1. First, we get a veteran QB upgrade over Rex to compete/complement our going-to-be-drafted rookie QB; either as the initial starter or as the #2 QB. Second, we go out in FA and get a playmaker WR. Then, we pick up either a young starter for the LG or RT spots. Whichever one we can't get in FA we will get in the draft. With $40 - $48 million BELOW the cap, we have the money to do it. If we are lucky enough to get all 3 (WR, LG, and RT) we will be way better on offense next year.

2. We will draft Tannehill with the #6 spot and use the next 4 picks (1 2nd, 1 3rd, and 2 4ths) to get another 1-3 immediate starters and more talent/depth with our 5th thru 7th rounders. 5 solid picks in the first 4 rounds, one being a talented QB, is how we will take this team to the next level.

I'll take a rookie Tannehill making rookie mistakes over Rex Grossman making the same old boneheaded mistakes he makes any day.

Let Beck and Compton fight it out for the #3 QB spot.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by burgold View Post
    Look on the bright side, if we get RGIII we are almost guarenteed a losing season. How many rookie qbs ever captain a winning season their first year? On the other hand, with RGIII onboard we might not have as many broken deer.

I think you're way off here burgold. Had we had even a DECENT QB under center last year, we were easily a .500 team. We've got a top 10 defense (maybe better) that will really start to come into it's own this season (especially if we can shore up at defensive back) and a great stable of running backs.

We get RGIII, I'll bet money we're a wildcard team in year one.
    0 0 0 0

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

What Boone said!
    0 0 0 0

hailus redskinus
    COYS

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    What Boone said!

Isn't that what you said?
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Isn't that what you said?
    Well yeah but I thought it rude to point that out. Thanks for doing it for me.
    0 0 0 0

hailus redskinus
    COYS

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    I think you're way off here burgold. Had we had even a DECENT QB under center last year, we were easily a .500 team. We've got a top 10 defense (maybe better) that will really start to come into it's own this season (especially if we can shore up at defensive back) and a great stable of running backs.

This is what I'm thinking IF Shanny Jr. can figure out that he's probably going to need to slim the playbook down at the start and open it up as RGIII progresses.
    0 0 0 0

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” --Thomas Paine

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf06 View Post
    This is what I'm thinking IF Shanny Jr. can figure out that he's probably going to need to slim the playbook down at the start and open it up as RGIII progresses.

Or just let him hold the clip board behind Peyton for 2 seasons.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Skinzfan View Post
    If you think losing the #2 spot/RG3 sweepstakes and taking Tannehill with the #6 spot will be doom and gloom think again. The #2 pick will be "purchased" before the draft, probably before FA starts according to many of the articles I have read lately. If we lose, then we can go into FA with no uncertainty:

1. First, we get a veteran QB upgrade over Rex to compete/complement our going-to-be-drafted rookie QB; either as the initial starter or as the #2 QB. Second, we go out in FA and get a playmaker WR. Then, we pick up either a young starter for the LG or RT spots. Whichever one we can't get in FA we will get in the draft. With $40 - $48 million BELOW the cap, we have the money to do it. If we are lucky enough to get all 3 (WR, LG, and RT) we will be way better on offense next year.

2. We will draft Tannehill with the #6 spot and use the next 4 picks (1 2nd, 1 3rd, and 2 4ths) to get another 1-3 immediate starters and more talent/depth with our 5th thru 7th rounders. 5 solid picks in the first 4 rounds, one being a talented QB, is how we will take this team to the next level.

I'll take a rookie Tannehill making rookie mistakes over Rex Grossman making the same old boneheaded mistakes he makes any day.

Let Beck and Compton fight it out for the #3 QB spot.
    I agree, especially the sentence in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    ... Had we had even a DECENT QB under center last year, we were easily a .500 team. We've got a top 10 defense (maybe better) that will really start to come into it's own this season (especially if we can shore up at defensive back) and a great stable of running backs.

I mostly agree with your asessment here, Boone, RG (not III) cost us some games we could have pulled out. RGIII and the wildcard scenario I consider as plausible but not necessarily bet-worthy. 2013? I'd bet on at least a wildcard spot with RGIII then.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Or just let him hold the clip board behind Peyton for 2 seasons.
    You make my day with your indomitable spirit, El!
    0 0 0 0

I'm giving it a 2-4 year window. Looking for improvement in all areas. Redskins, you're on the clock.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

decisions...decisions.

- don't want to have to watch Rex play again....ever...unless he is under center for the Iggles, Boys or Gints... :-) ....

- believe Tannehill is a long shot at best who will take 3 years to develop. not really interested.....especially not with the 6th pick.

gonna just sit back and see what happens. will go nuts otherwise!
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Navy

Quote Originally Posted by burgold View Post

I have my doubts about a guaranteed losing considering how well Dalton and Newton played.

Are you suggesting that the Shannys are so rigid that they can't coach to Robert Griffin's strengths while using our 3 pronged running attack?

Most fans will be understanding if we do all we can to get Robert Griffin and do not make the playoffs.

However if we reach for Tannehill at 6 or grab Orton and still suck, you might as well send the Shannys packages of Land O'lakes cause they'll be Toast when fan apathy reaches a boiling point.
    0 0 0 0

Never Get into a Fight with an Ugly Person. They Have nothing to lose. :)

NFL Pickem Champion 2018
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia Tech

Can apathy boil?
    0 0 0 0

Eschew obfuscation.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Come on folks. Orton or another qb not named Grossman would have posted more victories.

This league is as much about not turning the ball over as making big plays.

A qb with more respect for ball security is a priority whether it is Manning or someone else.
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    Come on folks. Orton or another qb not named Grossman would have posted more victories.

A qb with more respect for ball security is a priority whether it is Manning or someone else.
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    MORE respect? How about ANY respect?
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    Our record with John Beck as the starter would suggest otherwise.
    0 0 0 0