• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bumped by the Browns for #2 pick?

Our record with John Beck as the starter would suggest otherwise.

Except Beck wasn't much better at holding onto the ball when he got in there than Grossman was. In 4 games, he threw 4 picks and fumbled it 3 times.

Had he had more playing time, quite possible he'd have been just as turnover-prone as the evil master was.

Except Beck wasn't much better at holding onto the ball when he got in there than Grossman was. In 4 games, he threw 4 picks and fumbled it 3 times.

Had he had more playing time, quite possible he'd have been just as turnover-prone as the evil master was.

Yeah he was. Five turnovers in three-and-a-half games is a lot better than 26 turnovers in 12-and-a-half games.

Beck's TD% was 1.5 and his INT% was 3.0.
Grossman's TD% was 3.5 and his INT% was 4.4.

Our offense ground to an ugly halt under Beck, even though Grossman turned the ball over roughly twice as often, our offense was MUCH more dynamic. In my opinion, this offense isn't nearly good enough to make 'not turning the ball over' our top priority. Obviously we need someone who takes care of the ball better than Rex, but we also need someone who makes the other team respect the pass. Orton might get us a few more wins but then he tops out. I'd like to think we're done with mediocre.

Yeah he was. Five turnovers in three-and-a-half games is a lot better than 26 turnovers in 12-and-a-half games.

Beck's TD% was 1.5 and his INT% was 3.0.
Grossman's TD% was 3.5 and his INT% was 4.4.

Our offense ground to an ugly halt under Beck, even though Grossman turned the ball over roughly twice as often, our offense was MUCH more dynamic. In my opinion, this offense isn't nearly good enough to make 'not turning the ball over' our top priority. Obviously we need someone who takes care of the ball better than Rex, but we also need someone who makes the other team respect the pass. Orton might get us a few more wins but then he tops out. I'd like to think we're done with mediocre.

I made Henry look up stats - FTW! :)

I actually agree with you. Not turning the ball over is only absolutely critical when you can't score more than 17 points to begin with. Obviously, maintaining possession is very helpful, but it's consistent offensive production generated by a competent, steady, capable QB that we've lacked for a long, long time.

I will point out that only Grossman could make 4 INTs and 3 fumbles in 4 games look great by comparison.

Not really, but after all these years, I know me some Henry (and sorta love the guy - deal with it!) :)

I'm standing by my Orton/RGIII prediction. If Lichtensteiger doesn't come back 100% (though I believe he will) and we don't find a solution at RT, Peyton's tenure here could be one game.

Look, if he's healthy, Peyton Manning can win here now. There's no disputing that. But I don't want to win for a year or two. I want to win for 12.

I think you're way off here burgold. Had we had even a DECENT QB under center last year, we were easily a .500 team. We've got a top 10 defense (maybe better) that will really start to come into it's own this season (especially if we can shore up at defensive back) and a great stable of running backs.

We get RGIII, I'll bet money we're a wildcard team in year one.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX5tfRdkoY0&feature=related[/media]

I just see no logical reason for Peyton to go to a team in the same division as his kid brother.

Especially after it came out on NFL Network (Marshall Faulk)that Eli demanded a trade to a NFC team on draft day to avoid the Williams Sisters scenario where they had to face each other in the quarter and semi finals instead of the Championships.

I just see no logical reason for Peyton to go to a team in the same division as his kid brother.

Especially after it came out on NFL Network (Marshall Faulk)that Eli demanded a trade to a NFC team on draft day to avoid the Williams Sisters scenario where they had to face each other in the quarter and semi finals instead of the Championships.

In the end result with Miami, Denver and Arizona on the final 'cut' list, I think Manning decided the best thing for him after Indy is to stay in a medium-sized market where he can stay out of the fish bowl of the media that there is in NY, Washington or other big city.

Peyton Manning is not really a cosmopolitan by nature. He is a guy that went to TN for college and then spent 13 years in Indianapolis, where he was a very big shark in a small tank.

That's what he feels comfortable doing.

Remember how long it took (several years) for Eli Manning to get comfortable playing with the pressure of NY?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.