• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Reversal 2.0: What If Skins Trade Up to #1?

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
What with the all the electric "RGIII at #2" buzz flooding the air and cyberwaves lately, wouldn't it be just outstanding if it all turned out to be smokescreen engineered by Ashburn covering their real intentions...a trade with Indy for the rights to a certain Stanford fellow?

Yeah, I went there.

:secret:

It would be a mater stroke. The Colts couldn't be that short sighted.....or could they?

I think the Colts are set on taking a QB at #1. If Skin fans would rather have Luck then we need to hurry up and get that deal done with the Rams and then hope for the Colts to take RGIII. That would leave us with Luck. I am personally would be fine either way but I probably do have Luck higher on my draft board but it is literally 1 and RGIII 2.

I just don't see it - if the experts are to be believed, and both Luck and Griffin are can't-miss prospects at QB (or as can't-miss as a prospect can get), then you trade up to #2, and take whoever the Colts don't want.

tha only way that happens if they want rg3 , ans tha skins have #2 pick locked up and they switch for nothing so they dont have to pay tha #1 overall pick money..they know that they want luck ..so they have tha skins give up that money and still get tha qb they want..and save some cap space !

Truth is I'm mostly just throwing the idea out there for ****s and giggles.

Oh, I suppose the Colts COULD decide Manning is healthy and has another title run or two in him, and so they decide to parlay the #1 overall into a haul of high draft picks to use to restock the team for said run(s).

But...it's doesn't seem likely. Says here They'd be beyond foolish to pass up the closest thing to a sure-thing franchise QB to come along in years....in a year the fates saw fit to have their last savior hurt and thus show just how bad the team around him really is/was.

If ANY team should understand the value of adding a guy like that to an otherwise lackluster franchise, it should be the Indianapolis Colts.

It would be a mater stroke. The Colts couldn't be that short sighted.....or could they?

A "Mater" stroke?

c-mater.jpeg

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :D)

I think I would still take RGIII at #1.

THAT would give us some righteous message board fodder, eh? :)

I think Luck maybe the more NFL ready at the moment but I also think RGIII may have a higher up side with NFL coaching. *shrug* Just this layman's opinion.

But yeah, it would be seriously righteous fodder for some message boards, this one included. :)

As I recall, John Beck lit up the Colts this last preseason.

Maybe we could use him as the cherry on top in a trade offer?

Heh.

I told the masses here back in January that some insiders were saying Luck is the number one target and RG3 was option 1A. It wouldn't be too surprising to know that nothing has changed.

The deal for trading to the first pick may be comparable to trading for the second pick - so why not go for it?

My preference would still be RG3. Luck would be the greatest second choice prize ever imho.

The most refreshing thing about this whole situation is that if the 'Skins do in fact decide to trade up to acquire a QB, you have to be impressed with the manner in which the head is screwed onto the shoulders of both Luck and Griffin. These are two young men seem mature beyond their years - RG3 has particularly stood out to me in this regard. The guy just always seems to not only say the right things, but say them genuinely.

As much of a need as the QB position is in Washington, having a high character leader in that spot is even more critical for the team at this juncture.

Last edited:
I think Luck maybe the more NFL ready at the moment but I also think RGIII may have a higher up side with NFL coaching. *shrug* Just this layman's opinion.

But yeah, it would be seriously righteous fodder for some message boards, this one included. :)

That's the opinion of a lot of "experts" also, Neo. Luck is a better NFL player right now, but that Griffin has the higher ceiling. How much higher is the question a GM will have to ask themselves though...

What ???

People are actually questioning whether the Colts will keep their pick and use it on one of those 2 QB's ??

After going thru a near whole regular season of hearing a nearly unanimous opinion of fans who believed the Colts were tanking games, to Suck for Luck ?

Or Whiff for Griff ?

Whichever the case may be.

Really. Imagine---an NFL franchise not giving a crap what the press or their fans think is best. Blasphemy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHipzGL4dwM[/media]

Funny....but I actually wondered about this possibility. Not expecting to see it.....but wouldn't that be just the damnedest thing?????

F--k it. Send'm our ENTIRE squad and just send Luck out there each week. Why not, right?

I think I would still take RGIII at #1.
i believe i also would take RGIII at #1....just to me he seems to be a more exciting kind of player ,,,one of those players that come along every 10 years or so ,,,that every fan of football has to watch every chance they get.... like a Barry sanders or Bo jackson...because if you miss his game, you know you are going to miss something great...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.