• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Schefter: Rams will trade second pick

The more I think about it, I could definitely see the Jags owner getting a little crazy:

1. They messed up terribly on Tebow, who would have added another 20k season tickets a year.

2. They had blackout problems last season, with embarrassing fan turnout.

3. They are often mentioned as a candidate to move to California. That franchise is in trouble.

Signing RG3 would transform their entire picture. Let's hope that new owner doesn't channel his inner Al Davis, and try to pull off a shocker.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, I could definitely see the Jags owner getting a little crazy............Let's hope that new owner doesn't channel his inner Al Davis, and try to pull off a shocker.
MJD and two 1st rounders. You saw it here first kids.

How about some other sleepers? Some may seem unlikely at first....but maybe not.

Dallas--Does Jerruh really want to see RG3 in DC for the next ten years?

Baltimore--Joe Flacco? Really?

Oakland--An older Carson Palmer, or a young RG3?

Jets--Is Sanchez really the guy you want to hitch your wagon to?

How about some other sleepers? Some may seem unlikely at first....but maybe not.

Dallas - Jerry loves him some Romo, and seems oblivious to the fact he can't play forever. Or get them anywhere. Remember, this is the same guy who last year said he could see Kitna leading the team for 4 or 5 more years if necessary. :laugh:

Baltimore - They were too close to the Super Bowl to even think about changing anything at this point.

Oakland - No money left, they couldn't get him if they wanted him.

Jets - The only one on this list that concerns me. They could be lethal with Griffin if he lives up to the hype, and they have room to go after him if they want to once they make the right moves.

Extreme, This is the kind of player that really makes FOs take a hard look at the course they are on. I wouldn't rule out too many. If nothing else, I would at least expect teams to make calls to gauge the asking price.

Arizona? I bet Fitz would be thrilled.

Dallas? Even Philly? I wouldn't count them out.

None of the, can match r draft picks. The Jets are going to make a play for Peyton, from rumors online. Dallas and Philly hold no threat, IMO. Jax is interesting, but I still don't think they have enough ammo to get a deal done.

None of the, can match r draft picks. The Jets are going to make a play for Peyton, from rumors online. Dallas and Philly hold no threat, IMO. Jax is interesting, but I still don't think they have enough ammo to get a deal done.

Goal, there are many teams that have enough ammo should they decide to pull a Ditka. Unlikely? Maybe. But we couldn't hang with Jax if they ever offered something as wild as what Extreme mentioned above.

I don't think the Rams will trade outside the Top 10. The players are too good for the money now.

And in other news...Genarlissimo Francisco Franco is still dead...........

Goal, there are many teams that have enough ammo should they decide to pull a Ditka. Unlikely? Maybe. But we couldn't hang with Jax if they ever offered something as wild as what Extreme mentioned above.

Come on. Two number 1's and Rak would be a better offer. Would you rather have MoJo for 2 years, or Rak for 10? And our draft pick this year is higher.

(not saying we should trade Rak, just that we could still match that particular offer)

MJD and two 1st rounders. You saw it here first kids.

I don't think that works for the Rams. Jones-Drew doesn't have that much more tread on his tires than Jackson.

Dallas would hitch their wagon to Peyton before giving up three first round draft pick plus mid rounders.

Baltimore their draft positioning is too low and the players they would trade are too old.

Oakland has no first, second, third, or fourth rounder this year and no second rounder next year. The Palmer trade was for a 1st and conditional 2nd in 2013.

I don't think that works for the Rams. Jones-Drew doesn't have that much more tread on his tires than Jackson.
But he likely does have more, Jackson has severe knee problems that have caused him to miss time this season and last, and MJD is a better and more well rounded back that doubles as a receiver. They would definitely take the offer.

The more I think about it, I could definitely see the Jags owner getting a little crazy:

1. They messed up terribly on Tebow, who would have added another 20k season tickets a year.

2. They had blackout problems last season, with embarrassing fan turnout.

3. They are often mentioned as a candidate to move to California. That franchise is in trouble.

Signing RG3 would transform their entire picture. Let's hope that new owner doesn't channel his inner Al Davis, and try to pull off a shocker.

I would bet the farm that this DOESN'T happen. They just invested a 1st & 2nd round pick in Blaine Gabbert, who while disappointing, was just a rookie. They're not going to give up on him after one season, it just don't happen like that.

Rams are in the drivers seat and have hit the draft pick lottery. RG3's great combine has driven up the #2 pick price.

They need to get a deal done quickly. If Peyton hits FA market and Miami signs Flynn, then there are two teams out the mix.

Granted it is generally considered to be Cleveland versus Redskins. Should be an interesting 60-70 days. Lets see who gets froggy and jumps first.

The more I think about it, I'm really liking our chances of being the trade up partner with the Lambs. Assuming Fisher really does want to trade down, and given the number of holes on that team I take him at his word, that means they kiss Kalil goodbye because there's no way he gets past the Vikes.

That means Fisher could take our pick and get either Blackmon or Claiborne, if Cleveland takes Richardson. Knowing Fishers penchant for defense and the horrible cavalcade of injuries the Lambs suffered at CB, I could see him thinking of our slot as a better option from a value standpoint than Cleveland's. Either way he'll get the best player at his position to fill a real need for their team two slots lower, i.e. cheaper plus a bunch of other picks to throw at improving their OL.

The other option for them might be to take Reiff and the extra picks. In that case, the 4th pick is too high to take Reiff and there's no guarantee that with RG3 off the board anyone in the top 10 would be willing to move up.

Looks like we might be in the sweet spot from a risk vs. value vs. quality standpoint. Well, that's line I'm selling myself anyway. :anxious:

Regardless if we trade up or not, I am impressed with our FO. We seem to have a plan in place and are willing to stick to our guns. No more Vinny saying who we covet or FO leaks.

One thing that could work against us, vs Cleveland, or even the Dolphins, is Fischer wanting to make sure RGIII is in the AFC. There, he would only face him once every 4 years, and possibly a Super Bowl. In the NFC, he could potentially face him every year, plus the playoffs.

I know he's a friend of Shanny's. But when it comes to team interests, all bets are off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.